• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WTS ** Large SASQUATCH CUSTOM KNIFE ....much nicer than the Randall version...!!

Peaceseeker

NES Member
A very-nicely-done large 'sasquatch' style double-ground, double-hilted custom, handmade knife by 'Forge Master K. Ali'/Modell Design LLC in Michigan.

Per Doug Modell, the original version of Wing Chun Butterfly Swords were a page feature in Blade magazine, Sep 2013. THIS single Sasquatch was a one-off after Doug Kenefick's rendition of the Randall Sasquatch.

- Deeply hollow-ground blade, of D2 steel with mirror polish, is broad at 2.5" max width.* ** Jeff Modell described the grind as:* "Compound grind -
** wide hollow grind and then a 'tree chopper' flat grind at the edge."
Thus, the main edge is not shaving-sharp, but a re-profile could make it
so, if you wish to…… shave, rather than chop.
- Blade stock is approx. .298" just ahead of the guard.
- Nicely-sculpted, pinned handle with a red-brown micarta that 'works' great in contrast to the mirror polished steel....and,
** sits surprisingly well and confidently in-hand...!
- The elegantly-shaped double guard is of 309 stainless steel.
- Good quality, nice looking leather sheath, as shown. (I haven't pushed the blade in and, thus, can't guarantee fitment, but...presumably it will.)
- Blade length is 12 1/8" ; overall length is* 17 3/16"; handle is* 4 3/4" ; guard is about 4 1/2" top-to-bottom.
- The top (8") edge/swedge is sharp
- Not 'used' but, obviously, pre-owned. There is a micro-ding on the guard, about 3/4" from the bottom, on the on the right-front corner/edge. It came that way, and is
juussst barely visible in one of the photos, if you look very closely. I have a good and critical 'eye', and didn't note it until I had had it, and looked at it lovingly and
closely, for many hours.

Modell Design facebook page:** https://www.facebook.com/ModellDesignLLC

This IS a HAND-made piece and, thus, one can find imperfections. The center-grind-meeting line comes in a little low, on the left side at the tip. You may find other imperfections, if you look closely enough. In my opinion....and I've had a good number of Brend, Siska, Lovestrand, etc. & etc. pieces over the last 25 or so years.... the fit-and-finish is very nice, pleasing to both hand and eye.

Very nice knife, at $495.

Located in Foxboro, MA, and I can usually accommodate a visit most anytime.

Repetitive redundancy....indeed: A lotta sweet sculpted steel for this kinda money.

Back
Top Bottom