"Large Capacity" Magazine Ban Bill Dies in CT

Watch for the 11th hour slip in as an amendment to an existing bill.... Nah, that is a copyrighted Massachusetts move. They would never try that in Connecticut.

Don't forget to thank your reps who voted for YOU on this bill, there were quite a few. Mine was on our side, she said we have enough laws, just enforce them.

Great job to everyone in CT who voiced their opinion in opposition of this misguided legislation. well done.

Excellent news, but I suspect that the 'deal breaker' was the surrendering to law enforcement or face a felony charge.

Had that not been included, I wonder if this bill would have been giving more consideration?

Nice.

If such a bill dies even in CT, the Brady Bunch is well and truly f-ed.

Even more humiliating and damaging to their cause; check out the head count and leadership of the Judiciary Committee by party affiliation...

http://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/MemberList.asp?comm_code=JUD

I want to personally thank each of the 200+ individuals who spent their entire day (12 hours) waiting patiently to testify in front of a bunch of ignorant politicians in Hartford, taking a day out of their personal schedules. Yep, 200+. Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont.......none of you has ever witnessed such a swell of support against a firearms bill in your states. Rest assued that the firearms owners here in our little state of Connecticut rose to the occasion and came together as if we were a militia and defeated one of the most ownerous bills we've been attacked by. We were supported by the CCS (Connecticut Coalition of Sportsmen) and the CCDL (Connecticut Citizens Defense League) Understand that if we had lost, we would have had to surrender ALL 11+ magazines without any compensation to our State Police and if we had been found with one in hand, we would be instant felons. This was serious!

But, when the chips were down, we all rose to occasion and all I can say is that there isn't a finer group of men and women who rose together to defeat this ownerous/stupid/impractical bill. It's dead for now. We'll remain vigilent, however. Today, I'm a proud citizen of Connecticut free people. I wonder if any of the other states would have been able to do the same when the rubber meets the road??

Rome

Back
Top Bottom