• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Large Cap Mag That Makes Handgun Full Auto

Buck F

NES Member
Not to quibble, but you could say the commas make the part about the magazine an independent clause. In other words, that the writer isn't implying the mag is one of the parts "that would make the weapon fully automatic." Granted, I'm probably giving the writer more credit than I should.

I think there's an outside chance that this dude read the Sten thread here and ordered a parts kit. And I'm not even joking, much. Because that article could easily be describing a Sten kit. To the media (and probably the cops), "the parts" are the FA bolt and the selector button.

Amazing, the world we live in. From reading the article, I bet the only "unlawful" things they found were the fentanyl... and the mag.

Not to quibble, but you could say the commas make the part about the magazine an independent clause. In other words, that the writer isn't implying the mag is one of the parts "that would make the weapon fully automatic." Granted, I'm probably giving the writer more credit than I should.

I think there's an outside chance that this dude read the Sten thread here and ordered a parts kit. And I'm not even joking, much. Because that article could easily be describing a Sten kit. To the media (and probably the cops), "the parts" are the FA bolt and the selector button.

Amazing, the world we live in. From reading the article, I bet the only "unlawful" things they found were the fentanyl... and the mag.

It's ok, quibble away [smile] I was wondering if perhaps it was related to parts and not the mag but this guy is a professional writer. He's also fond of writing that people "plead innocent" when he writes the crime stories.

And if the mag is pre-ban, it might later be found to be lawful.

Could he have had a glock w/ standard mag and some stupid full auto backplate? No idea if those backplates are a legit hack like a lightning link or the coat hanger trick for AR's.

Good thing the po-po found that replica handgun and bb-gun rifle- imagine the tragedies prevented!

That was my exact take as well. Just a poorly constructed sentence inadvertently suggesting something it wasn't intended to convey. It's shockingly common in web media.

Friendly reminder when you read a regular news story about something you are knowledgeable on and think damn they are stupid, never forget the stories you don't know the details on are just as stupid. All of them.

I had to get cable in my office 12 years ago because of this.

At lunch me and my asst would sit in the conf. room and watch the local news. Ch 10 or 12. I forget. So September of 08 happens. I spend the next TWO MONTHS yelling at the TV every day when Gary Laid or whomever makes some pithy remark about why the market is up or down.

My assistant told me that I either get cable or stop yelling at the TV. I couldn't help myself so we got cable instead. ROFL!

Friendly reminder when you read a regular news story about something you are knowledgeable on and think damn they are stupid, never forget the stories you don't know the details on are just as stupid. All of them.

Amen. I have been interviewed and quoted in the newspaper and was surprised and how inaccurate the reporting was. Not that there was anything willful or malicious but it definitely makes you question the reporting on things you're not familiar/involved with.

And if the mag is pre-ban, it might later be found to be lawful.

Could he have had a glock w/ standard mag and some stupid full auto backplate? No idea if those backplates are a legit hack like a lightning link or the coat hanger trick for AR's.

Good thing the po-po found that replica handgun and bb-gun rifle- imagine the tragedies prevented!

The backplates are legit.

That once happened to me at the range.I was shooting my flintlock musket,
and this guy next to me took out his high-cap clip magazine.When all of
a sudden the musket went full auto,scared the shit out of me.

On the other hand it would be cool if someone designed a gun where a using a specific magazine disconnected the sear. If we were allowed to have that sort of thing.

Baby steps. At least they didnt call it a "clip".

What do you expect for minimum wage?

“...and various ammunition charges.”

What could the “ammunition charges” be? Related to storage?

I fail to see the scariness of the “bullet proof vest” since those are still legal to own (and without the need for a firearms license...)

The liberal media numbskulls should contact their equally numb counterparts at ATF. They might actually learn that an auto sear is required for burst-fire or full-auto sustained fire. Their stupidity never ceases to amaze me!

The MSM will never get it right because they only hire people with low capacity brains.

Back
Top Bottom