• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LAPD Searching For Shotgun That Fell Off Police Motorcycle

The part that gets me is they weren't sure if it was loaded.

The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off, police said.

Important for the LEOs to inform us all that this was faulty equipment and not faulty LEO. So they are certain that it fell off the bike due to a broken piece of equipment but they do not know if the shotgun is loaded.....how the **** is that possible.

The gun locking mechanism broke and the gun fell off, police said.

Important for the LEOs to inform us all that this was faulty equipment and not faulty LEO. So they are certain that it fell off the bike due to a broken piece of equipment but they do not know if the shotgun is loaded.....how the **** is that possible.

They know.

Unfortunately, from a news article not much to go on and accidents do happen (officer will get a pass I wouldn't).

He will get the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

My spider sense thinks they don't know how to spell incompetent.

Why aren't I ever around when LEOs guns get lost? [frown] [laugh]

You've got to love what passes for journalism these days though, from the flooded parking garage article below the OPs.

The rupture of a 90-year-old city water line on Sunset Boulevard earlier this week sent more than 20 millions of gallons of water coursing across the Westwood campus for hours.

Nice to see how that college [strike=Option]degree[/strike] debt is working out for that guy.
248cc.gif

A lot of Police officers and 99% of Court officers are allowed to be incompetent, nothing will happen to the officer regardless if some dirtbag gets a hold of this and does something horrendous

I'm used to stuff falling off Harley's, but this takes the prize

Funny in its' own right but LAPD rides BMW's.HD lost some big departments because they didn't have ABS brakes, although they have them now. Also an arresting officer must witness a traffic transgression and be at the scene when the violator is cited, so the PD's there tended to ride BMW's or Kawasakis to be able to catch anyone.

CHP is replacing some BMW's with HD. Kawasaki dropped their PD program again. If Honda ever decided to enter the market seriously they would kick ass. Victory has started to have some success as well.

Last edited:
Found it...
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-find-missing-shotgun-20140801-story.html

Los Angeles police found a shotgun that fell off an officer’s motorcycle and on Friday arrested the man accused of taking it from the area.
Takee Williams, 43, was arrested for grand theft after officers were able to track down the shotgun a few miles from where it came off the officer’s bike, according to a news release from the Los Angeles Police Department.
The shotgun was lost about 1 p.m. Thursday when, due to a faulty lock, it was dropped in the area of South Vermont Avenue and West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Police closed down the area Thursday while they searched for the loaded gun.
During the search for the gun, an LAPD officer was severely hurt when he was bitten by a police K-9 and had to undergo surgery, police said.
Williams was held in lieu of $35,000 bail, police said.

http://bearingarms.com/police-k-9-b...rantically-look-shotgun-lost-motorcycle-unit/

"An LAPD K-9 has been suspended after attacking an LAPD officer that was part of a frantic search for a LAPD motorcycle officer’s missing a loaded tactical shotgun.

A search for an officer’s loaded shotgun turned up empty Thursday night nearly 12 hours after the weapon fell off a police motorcycle in South Los Angeles."
Sure, suspend the dog... [laugh]

"Area residents interviewed by NBC-LA essentially laughed at the efforts of police who were searching for the shotgun."

fo-real-thumb.jpg

White Feather

Back
Top Bottom