• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Langlois Rifleleather (with pictures)

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
A few months ago I was a student in the Gunsite #270 Rifle Course. After reading the course description and equipment list I knew I would need the ability to carry more ammunition on my person in order to keep up with the class (and do more shooting!)

I was fairly certain that magazine pouches didn't exist for my Savage Scout Rifle (especially for a south paw like me) and nothing I had on hand seemed to fit the bill. It was apparent that a custom job was the only way to go. I called Andy Langlois and set a meeting to discuss what I needed and what he could do for me. At our meeting Andy and I discussed the purpose of the pouch, how I was going wear it and in which orientation I was going to grasp the magazine to ensure a smooth reload. On the spot he cut up some leather and stitched it together around my magazine to form a pouch. He made several different configurations for me to take and try out. After a little trial and error I found some ways that the designs could be improved. Some worked better than others for my needs. I discussed this with Andy on the phone and sent the pouches back to him. He quickly made up the new design and sent me back the number of pouches I needed just in time for my class! I settled on two designs:

These ones in black take up less room on the belt for when you are running a lot of drills or doing a lot of shooting. At the #270 Course I carried four of these (for a total of sixteen rounds) on my non dominate side.
P5020034.jpg

This one in brown is for hunting or just rambling around the woods.
P5020035.jpg

As a result of using this leather gear and the quick access to my magazines, I ended up waiting on the rest of the class to top off their rifles. This allowed me time to focus on other things like NPOA and which offset I was going to use for a particular target / range problem.

I also have one of Andy's Ching Slings and butt cuff:
P5010026-1-1.jpg

P5010027-1-1.jpg

P5010025-1.jpg

Keep in mind that these pictures were taken after the rifle class. The gear looked much better before I put it to hard use!

Last edited:
Yes he did.

But you've seen the gear in person. (Well, some of it anyway)

The pictures don't do it justice!

THANKS!

Andy in NH,

I am glad you like the leather and it worked out for ya at Gunsite! Good photos!!!

Andy (the other one, the leathery one!)

Back
Top Bottom