Lang: Put 'teeth' in gun laws

I guess this is similar to the recently closed one.

New Bedford Mayor Scott W. Lang told state lawmakers yesterday that if they want to get serious about gun violence, they need to approve tougher laws and come up with more money

"BOSTON — New Bedford Mayor Scott W. Lang told state lawmakers yesterday that if they want to get serious about gun violence, they need to approve tougher laws and come up with more money.
Mayor Lang appeared at a Public Safety Committee oversight hearing on youth gun...

Howard Mabry, who does outreach work with Union Baptist Church in New Bedford, also testified at the oversight hearing. He told the committee gun and drug problems are tied together. In some cases, he said, drug dealers are paid with guns."

What was this hearing? Was it a public thing? Is this the one Scrivener was talking about elsewhere? Who else spoke? Was GOAL there? The NRA?

Last edited:
Dan Vice, a staff attorney with the Brady Campaign, which advocates for gun control, said Massachusetts needs to establish a statewide registry of legally owned guns. He also urged the state to restrict gun purchases to one per month.

"The good news is Massachusetts has been a model for the nation, but much more can be done," he said.

A model on how to disarm citizens and increase violent crime to a 10 year high... [rolleyes]

Every day my decision to move is only confirmed to be the right decision... [thinking]

So far New Bedford is becoming a hot bed for anti gun activity. Yes its true we do have a lot of crime involving guns. But tougher gun laws aren't the answer, just a way to get guns out of the hands of licensed owners.
The incident a while back where some scum bag was shot by cops because he pulled a toy gun on them added fuel to the fire. Now last night some guy here charged at police with a knife in his hands and was shot. Wonder what they'll wanna do now... ban knives? [rolleyes]

Not just New Bedford.

Juvenile laws soft, Holyoke chief says

the problem of gun violence among youth.

Scott spoke on a panel with three members of "Mothers on a Mission," a support group for families who have lost a child to violence in Springfield.
The three mothers - Sheila A. Shepard, Cynthia M. Farmer and Francena Smallwood - all had sons murdered with guns.
The three women agreed with Scott that tough new laws are needed to curb street violence. They also said that more state money is needed for community organizations that offer programs for youths.
The committee heard from prosecutors, advocates for gun safety, experts on juvenile crime, police chiefs and elected officials.

Sen. Jarrett T. Barrios, D-Cambridge, co-chair of the committee, said the panel may recommend creating a large database to trace guns.

So, is it violence, guns, or gun violence? They seem to interchange them. Is GOAL and NRA on their list of panel speakers as "advocates of gun safety"? If not, why not? Where is GOAL and NRA on this? Isn't there already a federal database to trace guns?

Last edited:
what is the point... they dont enforce the laws they already have.

when will this morons relize that the stupid laws that they keep adding to only effect the law abiding class... since the court doesnt actually enforce anything anymore and the jail continue to let these scumbags out early... what is the freaking point.

Really ticks me off... I can't figure how these idiots hold office... yet this is MA and unfortunately the majority of the voters put them are just as dumb.

They also said that more state money is needed for community organizations that offer programs for youths.

This is a great idea. I've been doing this with my kids by myself without state help. I call it "parenting". Maybe they should try raising their kids themselves instead of asking the government to do it. I'll bet the kids come out better too.

Shitheads.

Last edited:
Mass a model for other states? [rofl]

Maybe a model for MOONBATS in other states......

Here in Ohio we are going the other direction. A bill will be discussed in the Senate this upcoming week to turn all firearms regulation into a state matter (superceding all manner of bullshit licensing schemes and AWBs in our libtard big cities) and eliminating the requirement to lock or carry your pistol in plain sight while driving.

Good for you, Jose. This state is NOT an example to anybody. It's an example of what NOT TO DO if anything.

are they f***** up or what

In my childhood years i was never afraid of the cops or anyone else,
i was scared shitless of the old man. In those days in a small town everyone
knew my father. BIG problem for me cause there was no place to hide.
Would n't be long before he knew, and i would feel his reacton to it.

Discipline starts at home, the laws (the do gooders) have managed to change
the enviornment so much that parents are helpless.

More laws won't do much good if someone is groomed to follow them.

And as for New Bedford, (yawn) what else is new.. its been going
on for a long time, no one should be suprised...

JimB

Back
Top Bottom