• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lancaster Woman Scares Off Bat-Wielding Attackers By Pulling Gun On Them

if i ever have to expose my ccw i hope it ends the same way---bad guys leave, i don't have to shoot, and my life goes on as before (and NO i won't report it to local law enforcement)

if i ever have to expose my ccw i hope it ends the same way---bad guys leave, i don't have to shoot, and my life goes on as before (and NO i won't report it to local law enforcement)

IMO, not the right mind-set at that point. If you're threatened enough to draw your CCW, then you should be 100% prepared to end the threat. If the thread comes one millimeter closer, ventilate. At most, I would have responded with "no" to them.

Lancaster Ohio

Still, another good outcome

While not as bad as MA (shall issue state, but requires 12 hours of training), it's still got a "WTF??" reg on the books...

Which means, if you have a 40 round PMag, Surfire 60 or 100 round mag, or a 100 round Beta mag, it's an NFA item in Oh High OH!.

Awesome! I wish she'd shot the one with the bat, so he won't find another victim, but she did the right thing, she's safe and no risk of prosecution.

Lancaster Ohio

Still, another good outcome

Lancaster MA outcome

Woman charge with criminal threatening, DA looking to charge with Assault, seeking other victims of crazy woman with the gun.

Guys with bats praised for their bravery and their decision to flee rather than escalate.

A really good book to read is "The Law of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca. While the first part is a good idea (don't shoot unless you absolutely have to, because even if you are in the right, you life will never be the same again after the legal system gets done with you). The second part he would tell you is a major no-no. If you don't report it, and instead the crooks call the cops and report that someone pulled a gun on them, guess who goes to jail? And yes, apparently this happens.

A really good book to read is "The Law of Self Defense" by Andrew Branca. While the first part is a good idea (don't shoot unless you absolutely have to, because even if you are in the right, you life will never be the same again after the legal system gets done with you). The second part he would tell you is a major no-no. If you don't report it, and instead the crooks call the cops and report that someone pulled a gun on them, guess who goes to jail? And yes, apparently this happens.

Wait, you're saying she would go to jail for stopping a robbery against herself? Is there a law requiring an attempted robbery in MA, that is?

Back
Top Bottom