Lake City ammo plant allegedly to stop sales of excess M855 to civilian market

That steel core stuff shoots lousy as far as accuracy.
I've always thought of it as Close Quarters stuff. Doors, cars and such... 50 yards and shorter.

Ask yourself this: If things got real bad and someone offered you a case of lousy M855... or a handful of rocks. Which would you choose? 🤔

[rofl]

Last edited:
I've always thought of it as Close Quarters stuff. Doors, cars and such... 50 yards and shorter.

Ask yourself this: If things got real bad and someone offered you a case of lousy M855... or a handful of rocks. Which would you choose? 🤔

[rofl]
Cant argue this. And when i comment "lousy accuracy" i'm talking at best about 4 moa at 100 yds

Cant argue this. And when i comment "lousy accuracy" i'm talking at best about 4 moa at 100 yds
That’s usually the reject stuff that gets sold to civilians. Which is what we’re talking about here I suppose. I’ve frequently shot the actual issued M855 at 1.5 MOA with an M4. No match bullet, but acceptable. The M855 is pretty bad for BC and inconsistent terminal ballistics though. Still better than rocks I guess.

Last edited:
From what I've read, the steel core is not perfectly centered in the projo and the offset weight distribution causes curve balls...

curve-baseball.gif

Consistency = Accuracy

from projo to powder to primer to case... to shooter.

The 6.8 production is going to just be extra. They are building a new section just for 6.8. It is not supposed to take away from other production.

I doubt there has been much M855 being made at Lake City for a while now anyway. The Army is 100% M855A1, which we can’t get. The USMC and Navy are Mk318, which I don’t think is released to the public as surplus either. So, that leaves the Air Force. I’m not sure what they’re shooting.
M855A1 is available, and it's cheaper than a gallon of gas.

Didn't Obama try to de facto ban ammo by buying up shit tons, billions and almost a trillion rounds of ammo for various DHS and other federal agencies, including ammo for postal workers. Also trying to get the EPA to say lead in ammo is dangerous. Straight up banning sales to civilians is the smarter move wonder why Obama didn't think of that one.
He did .
You don't think Joe is running shit do you ?

“Available”, yes.😆

Surprisingly the cost has gone down as everything else has gone up. $2.50 per round or so now on the broker.
I haven't been on broker in years. One place that I visit from time to time, actually went up to $3 per round. But, I guess he throws in a stripper clip and a magazine for "free" now.

I'm pretty sure Open Tip Match bullets are a thing because they do better with core to the back.
Not quite. They fly better because of their boat tail shape at the back and not having an exposed lead divot on the back that causes drag. The open tip is just a result of the manufacturing method for being able to form that boat tail.

But still, the external ballistics of a bullet that has been spun to stabilization with the rifle twist is going to be a whole lot different than the external ballistics of an arrow.

Brazilian girls looking like that are pretty much all spoken for by drug lords and gangstas. Mess around with them and you'll find out just how to go.
Pretty much isnt all... plus I'm a stud club member

Pretty sure if i pull that nes stud club tattooed johnson out its like a get out of jail free

Oh. My LGS told me it's considered armor piercing and only LEO and mil can have it lol.
Your LGS owner is ignorant.

LEO don’t have it. And not being able to buy it new has nothing to do armor piercing ability. The Army owns it and just decided to not let it be sold it to civilians.

I mean if you're gonna pay couple bucks per shot, why shoot 5.56? Much more fun cartridges to be had with that kind of cost.

Never said it made sense, but m855A1 was there for people with cash.

Back
Top Bottom