Ladies, help me in breaking the news to the Wife ...

The only time wives or girlfriends should come up on NES is when a good one like Notrucksallowed's wife who bought him a new Kahr just cause it rained that day (rained a million times for me and I get dick) or Basscatfrank's who let him choose anything for Xmas. Another good time is when you are like 90% of us with normal human SO's and you get to talk about sneaking new guns into the house. 9% of the guys who say their girlfriends are totally cool with the splurges are either rich, dating a tranny and don't know it, or in too new of a relationship where she will still put up with his BS.

And then some of us members are the wives! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Surely there are worse things in life ... I don't believe in "symmetrical" relationships. I think the world is littered with broken marriages where each party was willing to meet the other exactly half way, and not an inch more.

The problem with these relationships is that both sides usually have a different idea about where that midpoint lies. I think successful relationships usually depend on having at least one person that's willing to go very far past the midfield stripe to make the relationship work. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be that person.

She gives the dogs unconditional love in a way she doesn't give any human being, and they give it right back. The dogs are our surrogate children. We call them our "furry babies". Many of her decisions are emotion based, and this is one area where emotions rule absolutely. If she had actual children, I'm certain that she'd care about them more than me. Why be mad about something neither of you can change?

The purpose of this thread was to seek advice on ways to preserve my 2a rights and also a marriage. I've gotten some great ideas here, but suggestions to "grow a pair" or pistol whip her into submission are not the ones I value.

I have no intention of being or staying miserable. I will always have the power to bring about a change in the relationship, even if that means ending it. But before I even consider that step, I have to have an idea about what's next. It's all to easy to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

It's taken months of work but now I'm pretty sure I will find things to enjoy about living in Massachusetts. If my brother could do it for over 10 years with his second wife in a rathole of a house and an armpit of a town (New Bedford), I like my chances in Ludlow.

Of course, he's the real relationship expert. He's working on his third marriage and I haven't even finished my first one yet ...

I love your response!

Which one of you is happy when:
She gets a new haircut? Her
She gets a new purse? Her
You get a new holster? Me
She gets a raise? Both
She gets a new car? Her
You get a new leather jacket? Leather salesman
You get new tires for the minivan? No minivan but hypothetically? Both.
She puts money into savings? Neither but it's necessary
She goes out with the girls? LGS
She cooks? Pepto Bismol shareholders
She wants to go to a restaurant? Both.

If the answer isn't "both of us" to all of them and almost every other thing in both of your lives, in my opinion you're doing it wrong. It's shouldn't be a competition. You don't lose if only she "gets something" out of this deal. It isn't a "zero sum game." You both win when either of you wins and both of you can celebrate together.

yeah but about half of us in here are light enough in the loafers to legally qualify as female under massachusetts law.

also women are as rare as hen's teeth on NES, there are a handful of you ladies left but a lot get fed up and leave, or the leghumpers push them out.

NSFW old man nudity.
http://youtu.be/ESt41QN9ako

If the answer isn't "both of us" to all of them and almost every other thing in both of your lives, in my opinion you're doing it wrong. It's shouldn't be a competition. You don't lose if only she "gets something" out of this deal. It isn't a "zero sum game." You both win when either of you wins and both of you can celebrate together.
Wish there I was a button to click for "best answer" ...

That's funny visually. But I don't get your point.

Let me know when your girlfriend has gotten your point for 30 years. ;-)

That was in reference to atillas post about the leg humpers scaring the women away on this forum.

Sorry using tapatalk so I can't change font color. Reply to your post is within the quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i never kiss and tell. [rofl]
shh-no-tears.jpg

yeah but about half of us in here are light enough in the loafers to legally qualify as female under massachusetts law.

also women are as rare as hen's teeth on NES, there are a handful of you ladies left but a lot get fed up and leave, or the leghumpers push them out.

As usual Attilla is spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you have to be messing with us. Either that or your wife has some serious issues with her family and pretty much anyone she ever knew in Dyersburg. Not exactly a spawning bed of liberalism. Bluedog Dem, maybe...

First, I'm not sorry I asked. I've gotten great advice and more than a few good laughs from the replies posted here.

It is a curious conversation the two of us have over gun rights. I'm from North Carolina, and she grew up in Dyersburg, Tennessee, up from Memphis. Sometimes I think she must have been adopted to get all of that liberal into her ...

Long before we married, she knew that I had guns and had been in the military, and really enjoyed blowing stuff up.
View attachment 119482
I think we let the Marines (or is it Marines piloting drones?) take care of that now.
maybe after you get a handle on you wife situation you can start with Marines.
baby steps

maybe after you get a handle on you wife situation you can start with Marines.
baby steps
Most of us in the Army with any sense realized that the Marines were the real warriors, and even grew to like it that way.

The Marine Corps sends its Armor officers to be trained in the use of tanks with the rest of us grunts in Fort Knox, Kentucky. There were only a few of them in our Armor Officer Basic class, but they cleaned up in every awards category.

After that, I knew that if I was ever on a boat looking at a place like Tarawa, I'd be yelling for the Marines at the top of my lungs. When it comes time for amphibious landings, I just can't get enough of them.

Uncle Sam could save me and my tanks for the open desert or the rolling steppes of the Red Terror, but I would never turn down the offer of a bunch of Marines that wanted to come charging in to save my a$$.

Back
Top Bottom