Ladies Day at the Range

Petersham Gun Club is hosting Girls, Guns and Grillin'
August 2nd at 10am
Ladies only ages 15 and up.
A full day of FREE basic instruction for shotgun, rifle, handgun and archery followed by a social gathering of great food, friends and fun! For girls, by girls, with girls! All firearms, bows and safety equipment will be provided. This event is privately funded with donations from businesses and individuals.

We have:
Loaner guns from S&W and Ruger
Loaner Bows
Airgun range from the NWTF
500rds of 22lr
250rds shotgun ammo
Some raffle prizes.
Food

We need:
Female instructors
more ammo
raffle prizes
paper goods

We plan to have a prize table and every participant gets a ticket, once their name is called they pick a prize. So I ask NES to take a look around and see what you can do. Hats, shirts mugs, knives, etc

The purpose of this event is to get more women into the sport.

https://www.facebook.com/events/655577254521982/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&source=1

PM me for more details, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I can provide a box or two of 12ga, 7 1/2 or 8, may be a box or two of 00 or 4buck. I think I have a couple of 40 round boxes of American Eagle 22 left also. Only problem is I'm over an hour away from Petersham...

I fear I still won't have my LTC in time for this event so providing with ammo is not possible that being said you said you needed .177 pellets and that I can help with! Pm me an address and I would love to contribute.

August 2nd at 10am
A full day of FREE basic instruction for shotgun, rifle, handgun and archery followed by a social gathering of great food, friends and fun! For girls, by girls, with girls! All firearms, bows and safety equipment will be provided. This event is privately funded with donations from businesses and individuals.

We have:
Loaner Bows
500rds of 22lr
250rds shotgun ammo
Some raffle prizes.
Food

We need:
Female instructors
more ammo
raffle prizes
paper goods

We plan to have a prize table and every participant gets a ticket, once their name is called they pick a prize. So I ask NES to take a look around and see what you can do. Hats, shirts mugs, knives, etc

https://www.facebook.com/events/655577254521982/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular&source=1

I can go 500 rnds of Federal 20 ga #8 Skeet and Trap loads and a couple of tins of .177 for the airguns. I can also help out with the paper goods, if you can tell me what you need. I can also print out 100's of 11x8 targets.

I'm almost 2 hours away, can you meet me somewhere in between? Probably around the Worcester area?

If anybody near Burlington wants to have me ferry for them let me know. I'll be meeting up with FSTC one morning next week. I work Saturday-Tuesday nights in Burlington, I can meet at/near Burlington mall Saturday/Sunday nights 630pm, Monday/Tuesday 1030pm, Sunday-Wednesday mornings around 8am.

If anybody near Burlington wants to have me ferry for them let me know. I'll be meeting up with FSTC one morning next week. I work Saturday-Tuesday nights in Burlington, I can meet at/near Burlington mall Saturday/Sunday nights 630pm, Monday/Tuesday 1030pm, Sunday-Wednesday mornings around 8am.

Ill donate 300 rounds of .22. excellent cause. Pm your way Lee

We have 75 women signed up, We have decided to run a 2nd date at Royalston Gun Club on September 6th.
Any ammo/prizes not used on August 2nd, will be used on September 6th.

Anyone willing to do a fly fishing demo/clinic? The person who was supposed to do it makes his living as a guide, he has a trip booked for the 2nd so we need someone who would be willing to help in that area.

August 2nd at 10am

We have:
Loaner Bows
500rds of 22lr
250rds shotgun ammo
Some raffle prizes.
Food

We need:
Female instructors
more ammo
raffle prizes
paper goods

I can meet you wednesday morning please pm with location, FSTC what caliber/s do you need most ?

I can meet you wednesday morning please pm with location, FSTC what caliber/s do you need most ?
PM Sent... I'm meeting FSTC Monday am with mine and JRon's, I can make another trip work soon, certainly before the second event:)

Susannah Lee for State Rep will be paying for the burgers and dogs.
Sadly, I'm a law-abiding Conservative, so I can't even vote for her once, let alone 10 or 12 times... /sarcasm

I'm just getting my reloading bench set up, I should be in production long before the September event. If that's the case I'll need to be making room by getting rid of the factory ammo I still have (See my ad here if you're interested) so I'll likely donate some for that date.

I had a nice drive to Petersham/Athol today and met another fine NES'r!

Putting in my two cents here, if you can support FSTC and this excellent activity, please do so. [thumbsup]

If folks in far far western MA want me to bring something out to him, send me a pm about leaving it with me if you like, as I'll be headed through his area once or twice more before the events.

(Thanks again, Dan!)

I had a nice drive to Petersham/Athol today and met another fine NES'r!

Putting in my two cents here, if you can support FSTC and this excellent activity, please do so. [thumbsup]

If folks in far far western MA want me to bring something out to him, send me a pm about leaving it with me if you like, as I'll be headed through his area once or twice more before the events.

(Thanks again, Dan!)

Thanks Gibbs!
People like you are the reason these events are a success.

We got this reply from Hannaford supermarket.
Our request: One Million Dollars.. seriously though, we approached the manager for some "day old" soon to be rotated out hamburger buns and hotdog rolls.
He said, "shouldn't be a problem, Let's ask corporate."
Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding Hannaford Supermarket’s support of the Girls Guns & Grillin’.

Hannaford has a strong tradition of supporting organizations that strive to improve the quality of life of the residents within the communities we serve. Organizations that focus on family health and nutrition, youth fitness and youth education receive the strongest consideration. We also consider some requests from arts, civic and environmental organizations, especially when the organizations or specific request relates to youth.

While we do review each request with sincere consideration, we are not able to accommodate them all due to the gap between the volume of requests we receive and our finite resources. Regrettably, we will not be able to support your event. We wish you continued success and commend you for your fine work in the community.

Thank you for considering Hannaford as a potential partner in your efforts.

Sad to hear, I hope they don't have a pile of buns in the dumpster the next day...

Lady Radtekk and I will stop by our local Market Basket and inquire the day before the September event. If you have a flyer/poster you could email me that may help:)

Also, she got her 20ga today, shot it well, not a bad gun for something like 50 years old:) Gonna have to see if Mossberg can give me any historical data based on the serial #. Anyway, we'll be bringing it to the September shoot, along with other toys and ammo. I'll bring my Chef's hat:)

..How'd it all go, Dan?

Any photos/video to share??
I am still waiting for the photographer to get some pics to me.
A few of the participants have posted.
We had 87 ladies show up. We had Mother/Daughters we had new shooters, we had current LTC holders who just wanted to be a round like minded women.
They shot pistol, rifle, shotgun, Archery and BB guns (thank you NWTF) and crossbows (Thank you Parker Bows)
Food was provided by Susannah Lee for State Rep.

Claudia Stewrat from Be Safe Firearms Training delivered the safety briefing

Smith and Wesson came through with some swag, and they brought along a .460 for us to try.

Pictures soon (Hopefully)

I have to say: THANK YOU NES. We had donations from all over the state. Some drove to me, some I drove to them, others involved logistical planning that would make UPS say "wow"

The members here at NES epitomize the statement "Gun people are Good people"

Bump for a good cause... Assuming the next event is still on, Lady Radtekk and I will be there along with my daughters. She'll be sporting a new (to her) 20ga shotty and ring. The shotty is the engagement present, the ring is, well, THE RING:)

ETA: If anybody wants to donate ammo or otherwise, I'll be available in Chelmsford and Burlington areas to meet:)

Back
Top Bottom