• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lack of Gun Shows this year....

Rockrivr1

NES Member
This year, or at least this fall, there seems to be a complete lack of gun shows until 2017 starts. While I don't go to all of them I do enjoy the fall gun show season even if I don't buy anything. Sometimes it's fun just to search to see what obscure gun or item can be found. Though for the rest of this year there are basically none except for one in November at a small venue. Seems it must not be that prosperous for the promoters or the vendors as of late.

Oh well....

This year, or at least this fall, there seems to be a complete lack of gun shows until 2017 starts. While I don't go to all of them I do enjoy the fall gun show season even if I don't buy anything. Sometimes it's fun just to search to see what obscure gun or item can be found. Though for the rest of this year there are basically none except for one in November at a small venue. Seems it must not be that prosperous for the promoters or the vendors as of late.

Oh well....

But honestly I have been going to them anyway- with sites like Cheaper Than Dirt and bulk ammo sites, I haven't had the need to go personally

there is Springfield this weekend. Wilmongton on Nov 12th and 13th

Thanks! Never go to Springfield as 1, it's a haul and 2, paying for gas, parking and entrance is worth a box or two of ammo. Though I did miss Wilmington. I do enjoy that show as other then the NY ammo dealer are typically there.

how is w springfield show? i've never been to that one since kinda far for me.

If i didn't have to drive to Wilmington everyday for work I'd probably go to that one but I'll probably just wait until foxboro since they're back

how is w springfield show? i've never been to that one since kinda far for me.

It's by far the worst of the 3 big ones in MA. No ammo allowed inside, get raped $20+ by the time you get through the
door, less vendors than the other two.

The only thing "good" about it is it is before the election if it is this weekend. Wilmington is AFTER and if hitlery gets elected, the pricing is going to be horrendous because people are going to go full retard...

-Mike

It's by far the worst of the 3 big ones in MA. No ammo allowed inside, get raped $20+ by the time you get through the
door, less vendors than the other two.

The only thing "good" about it is it is before the election if it is this weekend. Wilmington is AFTER and if hitlery gets elected, the pricing is going to be horrendous because people are going to go full retard...

-Mike

when you say no ammo allowed inside, you mean personal like carry ammo or the vendors don't sell ammo? if the latter then yeah i'm definitely not coming.

I'm holding out for the big one...the Crossroads Gunshow in Phoenix next April. I've always wanted to attend this show since I heard about it years ago....just never had the chance. A good friend of mine lives near Phoenix so Mrs. Timbo and myself are headed out for a week. She could care less about the show so while my friend and myself are doing "gun stuff", she and my friend's wife will be doing their thang. Also going to take a tour of Mike Dillon's place...he knows Mike personally.

I've heard stories about these Crossroads shows and it take two days to see everything....

I'm holding out for the big one...the Crossroads Gunshow in Phoenix next April. I've always wanted to attend this show since I heard about it years ago....just never had the chance. A good friend of mine lives near Phoenix so Mrs. Timbo and myself are headed out for a week. She could care less about the show so while my friend and myself are doing "gun stuff", she and my friend's wife will be doing their thang. Also going to take a tour of Mike Dillon's place...he knows Mike personally.

I've heard stories about these Crossroads shows and it take two days to see everything....

NYCE!!!! [grin] [thumbsup]

I am just hoping to find some bulk .308 Ammo at a decent price. Not really finding anything outside of small boxes. Cabela's looks like they had some ammo can deals, but those look like either sold out quickly or Mass prohibited

I am just hoping to find some bulk .308 Ammo at a decent price.

That ship sailed a loong time ago once all the 7.62 x 51 milsurp dried up.

Did .308 go up last time? - I didn't shoot 308 at the time so I didn't keep track of prices.

7.62 milsurp has been full rape for awhile now.

I remember when you could get battlepacks of 140 rounds of SA milsurp for $22. Those days are long gone.

-Mike

when you say no ammo allowed inside, you mean personal like carry ammo or the vendors don't sell ammo? if the latter then yeah i'm definitely not coming.

I've attended Big E gun shows off (all off these days) and on during the last probably 35+ years. As far back as I can remember, they do not allow any vendors to sell ammo inside the buildings. They restrict it to one or two ammo dealers outside in the parking lot within a tent. I don't know if it is the Big E or the local Fire Dept. that mandates this, but it is a fact and the only venue in MA where this is the case.

End result is that the arrogant Steve and crew from NY jack the prices since they have no competition at this particular venue.

I've attended Big E gun shows off (all off these days) and on during the last probably 35+ years. As far back as I can remember, they do not allow any vendors to sell ammo inside the buildings. They restrict it to one or two ammo dealers outside in the parking lot within a tent. I don't know if it is the Big E or the local Fire Dept. that mandates this, but it is a fact and the only venue in MA where this is the case.

End result is that the arrogant Steve and crew from NY jack the prices since they have no competition at this particular venue.

wow i never imagined a gun show without ammo being sold inside. never say never when stuck in mass!

When I asked about that policy many years ago, I was told it a local ordinance to prevent accidents, because supposedly people have chambered ammo in display guns at other shows in the past and people were injured and/or killed as a result. That is also the reason they gave for not allowing loaded weapons to be carried in the building. I always thought it was pretty silly having to be disarmed at a GUN SHOW![rofl]

I know that there is no state law restricting ammo in the buildings. So it had to be either a "Big E policy" or a local policy/bylaw/fire department restriction. Doesn't exist at any other venue in MA, that I can say for sure.

I know that there is no state law restricting ammo in the buildings. So it had to be either a "Big E policy" or a local policy/bylaw/fire department restriction. Doesn't exist at any other venue in MA, that I can say for sure.

The fire department in west Springfield doesn't like it, that's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom