• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LA Area Buyback Sat. 3/4/23 Hauls In Many Nice Old Treasures

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Forget the story headline, shootings like this happen daily there in Newsoms Utopia.
The real tragedy here is the way all these nice old collectors pieces are unceremoniously dumped into a bucket and headed for destruction. [angry]

NYPICHPDPICT000007713939.jpg

Yeah, there's some junk in there, but I see lots of nice old S&W and Colt revolvers, some Ruger and H&R .22 pistols, a parkerized 1911 which may be a former military issue piece, as well as a Luger and some Glocks.

I wonder if that was a specially staged box of "good stuff" and not a random selection of what was surrendered. Perhaps it was staged to manipulate opinion of the buyback, or that is the bucket that will disappear into someone's private collection.

The trigger guard of the 1911 attachment to the frame looks like and old SVI/STI plastic grit, and the trigger is the two part SVI design, though I don't recognize the sides of the grip. The checkering of the plastic frontstrap is consitent with the original SVI/SPI grip.

Last edited:
No matter what they get in terms of volume I’m sure that pales in comparison to what’s still out there and will remain out there.

Good headline event that pertains to the gun buyback. But not doing anything in terms of reducing or eliminating the criminal element.

Sad that people will gladly forfeit there rights for a gift card and you can bet that the true gang bangers are not surrendering whatever hardware they currently possess.

I think it is staged. Sure, you could get a few grandma turn ins. There is a lot of money there. How much you wanna bet. Those that are stolen. Will not be returned to the actual owner.

On a side note. If they did return them. You could have a infinity loop. Turn them in after reporting them stolen. they return it. Damn it, they got stolen again. Turned in. Then returned. And so on and so on. Better then printing guns to turn in

Back
Top Bottom