• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KYTEX Shooting Gear Mag Carriers. (Long winded)

bezo

NES Member
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

First Point: Exceptional Customer Service

Second Point: High Quality Product

I've been reading a lot lately about who's carrying a spare mag and how. Well, I read an article somewhere (TTAG) maybe and someone posted a link to kytexgear.com. I was impressed with the single piece carriers and the low price, so I ordered one each for my shield and 1911. The orientation explanation s a little odd and I messed up directionally.

That's the first part of this review. When the carriers were delivered, I put it on my belt and was pretty surprised how close to the body it rode, it really is compact. Next step; install a magazine. Held it very secure and the extraction was very smooth. But damn, something is wrong, the mag is 180 degrees from what I'm used to packing my mag in my belt or pocket. It is very strange rolling the mag as you extract it from the carrier. It seems I ordered ass backwards of what I really wanted.

Shot off an email to KYTEX explaining my situation. Within minutes I receive a reply with an explanation of where I went wrong in the ordering process and an offer to replace my carriers with the ones I wanted. Keep in mind, these things are made to order. I sent them off with a copy of the email chain and two day later got an email that they'd been received and I could expect expedited turn around time of one day.

I fond them on my door step 2 days later.

Now the important stuff, not that exceptional customer service in not important.

I choose to test the 1911 carrier first, thinking it was the heavier mag of the two. I clipped it to my belt upside down and ran up and down the stairs three times. Not only did the mag not fall out, it didn't even slip. After three times I couldn't push it any further into the carrier. I then got dressed and slipped it onto my belt and it was very comfortable. It carries the mag at a great height and holds tight to the body.

becasue of this post I just ordered 4 mag carriers.
Over the past few days I have been looking at different sites for deals on solid individual kydex mag carriers. I've come up short. People want $25+ for one, and that's too much for me. This site had a good deal so thanks for the heads up!

These have been mentioned a few times on NES. I have a couple for M&P mags, and a set of 6 for 1911. I used the 1911 set for 2 years in USPSA. They can be positioned closely together, so I do not have to reach to the middle of my back for that last mag.

Recently I experimented with other mag carriers, and have gone back to the Kytex set. Even more recently I made up some custom belt hangers to space the mags away from my belt. Not what you would want for concealed carry, but great for action shooting games.

These do not have any adjustments for height, cant, or retention, but I made my hangers to position them where I want them. As for retention, the mags do not fall out, and draw effortlessly

Back
Top Bottom