• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kydex Holsters for everyday IWV Carry

Hello Everyone,

I come to ask the NES brain-trust for recommendations on a IWB kydex holster for my new G43:

It needs to:

1. Be comfortable
2. Fully en-capsule the trigger guard (no little 10mm of space behind the trigger visible).
3. Have some kind of retention (have the gun stay in if i tip the holster upside down)
4. Appendix or hip carry (I've never tried appendix but I'm not opposed)

Money isn't an object on this one as I hope to trust my life to it.

Bonus points if the maker does Sig 229's as well but that's not really a concern right now.

Thanks,

SFB

I love Alpha Concealment - they used to be based out of Methuen, but they've since moved to PA. It's a 20-30 day lead time since they make everything as they come in, but the quality, fit\finish and comfort are second to none in the all kydex business, IMO.

I use a badger concealment holster for my p938. Its a simple kydex iwb holster, but its really comfortable. I can even do a handstand and my handgun stays put (it was unloaded and i had a gym mat under me so my precious sig wouldnt be damaged if it fell).

I have several Clinger Stingray holsters. For VP40, FNS9C, Sig P320 SC, also for my wife's Walther CCP and her VP9.
I like the thin profile of them. Plus when I go to my Y I have to leave it in the car. Easy to to to remove the holster rather than removing the gun from a holster. [read about a guy dying in car from an ND to the femoral artery while removing his gun to go into a no gun zone.]

Lots of great advice to look into here. I" ll throw in a plug for Buzzards Bay Tactical.Travis makes a nice low profile "CovertDefender"
worth a look

Was going to say Alien Gear, but looking at the pics on their website it looks like there's some little bit of space behind the trigger open on the 229 shell. My VP9 shell covers all of it right up to the mag release, which is just barely usable when holstered, though my PM9 shell has the same gap open. Weird.

Either way, hard to beat Alien Gear for IWB comfort.

I have 2 Buzzard's Bay Tactical IWB Covert Defenders. Like they said, they ride nice and low.

I prefer a single plastic clip style instead of a full loop. It makes it easy to cant it or move it from 2-3 to around 4-5, if you need to drive or bend down low.

My back fat doesn't allow for iwb at 4-5 in public, but good for around the house.

I have a Garrett Industries for my G42, kydex bonded to leather so the gun is touching leather, makes the draw quiet and smooth. It doesn't have the suede backing which is more comfortable but doesn't have any retention when you're not wearing it. On mine the retention and cant are adjustable and it'll stay if you hold the holster upside down.

I love Alpha Concealment - they used to be based out of Methuen, but they've since moved to PA. It's a 20-30 day lead time since they make everything as they come in, but the quality, fit\finish and comfort are second to none in the all kydex business, IMO.

I have one made by them. Good quality, but as far as I remember they were at the top of the price range for similar holsters. I want to say it was around $50 for a basic kydex IWB with regular clip (as opposed to loops and snaps) for my G42. I bought the holster from the FFL that transferred the lower to me, several years back. They had a bunch of them in stock hanging in the holsters section.

I've had FIST appendix ultra-thin holsters for several sub-compact guns. All worked quite well and were comfortable.

EDIT

Looking at some of the recommended holsters, YEOWCH! Kydex is nice and clean and all. But some of those are gonna dig in and wear on you AIWB.

http://www.fist-holsters.com/novoer...l-12h-159i-160l-167-3-192-224-232-detail.html

SEWN kydex holster. That's how thin the kydex is. So the edges (Which there are few outside of the outline of the gun) are few. Rounded is the key. Some of those holsters you guys use are pretty aggressive at the muzzle.

Will it last infinity years? No. Will it be comfortable enough to not be afraid of it day after day? Yes.

Last edited:
I have a bravo concealment owb holster, but their iwb holsters are cheap and fit what you're looking for. My owb is really nice.

Wow, looks like I have a lot of manufacturers to look through and do some more research on. I really appreciate the recommendations, I was hoping to get a bunch of smaller high-quality makers that I know I wouldn't find through Google and that's what I got. Thanks guys!

Look at Fist Holsters, I have so many for so many different Glocks. My favorite is the 1AK Canted. Very strong and thin Kydex, tremendously strong steel clip, custom made to clip into holster, strongly held, very comfortable.

I have a Garrett Industries for my G42, kydex bonded to leather so the gun is touching leather, makes the draw quiet and smooth. It doesn't have the suede backing which is more comfortable but doesn't have any retention when you're not wearing it. On mine the retention and cant are adjustable and it'll stay if you hold the holster upside down.

+1 for Garrett Industries

I have 1 for my HK45c and the wife has one for her G26. They're excellent products. Need to get one for my shield before next summer.

Another Vedder Light Tuck fan here, have one for my Shield & one for the P938. They’re adjustable and tuckable.

Hello Everyone,

I come to ask the NES brain-trust for recommendations on a IWB kydex holster for my new G43:

It needs to:

1. Be comfortable
2. Fully en-capsule the trigger guard (no little 10mm of space behind the trigger visible).
3. Have some kind of retention (have the gun stay in if i tip the holster upside down)
4. Appendix or hip carry (I've never tried appendix but I'm not opposed)

Money isn't an object on this one as I hope to trust my life to it.

Bonus points if the maker does Sig 229's as well but that's not really a concern right now.

Thanks,

SFB

This is my DeSantis 1058B for my Glock 43. I put the Pearce base extenders on the mags, and a Talon wrap on the grip. Talon wrap is amazing, I really recommend it. Weak side carrier for spare mag and flashlight was made by a friend of mine.

g43.jpg

I haven't seen it mentioned. I have a Hidden Hybrid Holster for my G17. I love everything about it. It is however a 2 clip system and that may be overkill for the g43. I have done research on Keyhole holsters which are single clip. I expect that would be my next purchase for a smaller IWB carry. In the meantime +1 for Hidden Hybrid Holsters in my book.

Back
Top Bottom