• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kudos to the Neshooters & G.O.A.L.

As the newest member to the Neshooters family, I have to say yesterday just verified what an outstanding group of people and instructors the NE Shooters are, and how proud I am to be a part...
Yesterday the Women on Target course was held at the Westford Sportsmans club and was sponsored by GOAL and Westford Sportsmans Club. The actual classroom work was done by, GOAL rep. Mr. John Green and Neshooter Mr. Ken Maurer. I know what an outstanding teacher Ken is, I have had him as an instructor. However I had the honor of meeting Mr. John Green for the 1st time yesterday. John is an absolute gentleman and from the feedback I received from the women in the course John is a top notch Instructor. So thank you Ken and John for your time and expertise.
The lessons outside the classroom were at the shotgun, rifle, and pistol ranges.
I was stationed at the pistol range with my favorite people in this world, by the way, also the greatest people in the world as well as 1st class instructors, Neshooters-Mr. Jim Conway, Mr. Mike Nastek, & Mrs. Denise Dupont, Cowboy Shooter-Driftwood Johnson aka. Doug Reiner, and bullseye shooter Liz Couglin
We had a great day, the women who attended were top notch women, and by the end of the day damn good shooters. On average these women were shooting in or above the 80th percentile. The entire day was an absolute success. I expected a few hiccups here and there but thanks to the staff and all the instructors the women managed to feel comfortable and gained a great deal of knowledge from shooting techinque, different types of firearms, gun parts, all the way down to the law.
I hope I am not rambling(I tend to do that), words just cannot express my gratitude to be a part of something this great!
As far as the other ranges go, I was not there however, what I heard from the women and otherwise observed however brief, I know the shotgun and rifle ranges had a day like mine. So thank you to all that staffed those ranges: Jane Conway, Ken Maurer, Doug Robinson, Mary Beth Lewis, Fred Lewis, and all the kitchen staff at the club.
I think everyone that was there yesterday deserves a huge round of applause. Thank you all again for making a great day, and of course Thank you to the Neshooters especially Jim and Mike, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be typing right now. Congrats guys! you did again!

By the way, for those of you who dont know, this was an all day affair which included a pair of shooting glasses, ear protection, a couple snack breaks, lunch, ammo, superb training, and a certificate for a LTC. all this for a whopping $ 40-.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom