Kriss Vector - what caliber?

awm

NES Member
So im considering getting a Kriss Vector but really not sure the best caliber?

I know they have 9mm, .45acp, and 10mm now. Im leaning towards the 10mm but I heard the Kriss magazine extension on a preban 10mm magazine doesnt work well but works flawlessly on the .45acp. Or can get a 9mm 33 rounder preban.

Just not sure which is better/more fun to shoot? I have all 3 calibers in different guns so plenty of ammo just from a ballistics perspective not sure which would be better to shoot? Im guessing 10mm would probable be the most accurate at the longest distance but could be wrong?

Any info/opinions are appreciated!

9mm will be the most economical to feed but the .45 & 10mm versions are tons of fun. I think pairing it to any Glocks you currently own is solid advice.

as mentioned above i would go with whatever chambering you shoot the most. 9mm is an obvious choice due to cost.

i previously had the gen 1 kriss (back then was only in 45 acp). one reason I sold it was because ballistically the 45acp has little to gain from a 16" barrel. in contrast a 10mm or 357sig can get really cranking out of a 16" barrel. the 9mm also benefits quite a bit.

personally I would go with the 9mm. however the 10mm offers quite a bit of versatility and you're getting up into 44magnum muzzle energies with the 16" barrel. 10mm ammo is coming down in price and way up in availability. my hope is that ruger coming out with the 10mm 1911 will push the cartridge's popularity even more. the 357sig model to me is a cool idea if someone else is paying the ammo bill. but again the 10mm is just so much more versatile in terms of bullet weights, bullet types, etc.

Thanks for the responses so should clarify I have:
- Glock 43
- Glock 40 MOS (with a handful of preban 10mm mags)
- Glock 21 4th gen (with a handful of preban .45acp mags)

The only magazines I dont have are the 17 or 19 for high cap in 9mm but have access to them.

I have a massive amount of 9mm, .45acp, and 10MM and ammo cost isnt a factory I just want something thats fun has hello to shoot as im 6'9" 250 pounds so recoil doesnt really bother me.

I guess now thinking of it is whether or not its built for larger guys? Ive held one and seem comfortable but any opinions there?

Thank You!

Adam

recoil on the Vector isn't going to be an issue in any of those calibers unless you have an SOT.

recoil on the Vector isn't going to be an issue in any of those calibers unless you have an SOT.

^this
it's an 8 lb rifle shooting a pistol caliber. recoil is nonissue. however the rifle is sort of overweight IMO. i can see the benefit for full auto or SBR, but one of the reasons I ditched my kriss vector was the weight. a beretta CX4 storm is half the price, over 2 lbs lighter and 15rd mags are even easier to get (for those stuck in oppressive states). the kriss is still a cool gun. if it turns you on just buy the thing you'll be happy with it.

Gotcha makes sense.

Yea I just cant get over how fugly the beretta is.....functionally its great and have shot it before but man its hideous. I know they are tools but at this point I have all my hammers in my safe so going on 15 guns now its mainly fun to shoot and looks cool as f**k.

I might wait though and just mod some of my rifles/pistols and hold off. Stuff I want to do to my AR and AK anyways so might be better to fine tune/mod those than get into a vector, especially since I just applied for my NFA Stamp so once I get that Kriss will be kinda stupid.

Would a Vector in 10mm be any good for short range deer hunting (not in MA obviously)? Or would it not be powerful enough, and the gun would be too heavy and impractical for such a purpose? I honestly don't know, but it could be an interesting concept if it works.

I picked up on in .45 last year and love it. I have a number of 9mm carbines and wanted something different. Soft shooter and a lot of fun.

Of your options I'd probably say .45. A few kriss extensions would make your prebans Rock.
The U notch mags might take some tweaking, while square notch mags are good to go.

The magazine tube of the U notch mags is just a hair too short. Also, you might need to smooth the inside of the magazine tube at the base, to prevent the follower from catching.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom