Krav Maga instructors in worcester county ???

I'm just very bored with working out at the Y, though I'll miss the creepy old naked guys who hang out in the locker room all day (sarc).

My old school was also a Gracie BJJ affiliate and had a 'faction' who would do adults only self defense training and semi-full (LOL) contact sparring on Fridays for a long lunch. Rules were no hard shots to the face and it's OK to hurt your sparring partner but if you injure your sparring partner, you are permanently 'out' of the group. Shots to the body were full speed but you didn't 'drive through' with the hit or kick. Lots of bruises and sometimes someone will start going unconscious before tapping out. Our former Marine Sgt / active LEO instructor was like that- I had him pinned and in a lock and damn near broke his thumb before he would tap out. Occasionally a rib would get cracked or broken.
Bump for this topic. Any purely defense related Krav (or similar) schools in the Worcester area? I spent years in one of the Japanese traditional karate schools and am a Ni-Dan (2nd degree). I enjoyed those years and they were certainly rewarding, but... I'm getting too old and banged up to mess around with anything for the sake of the art, nor do I want to spend any of my limited time teaching kids.

MMA might be out because I have a ripped up knee and a bunch of hardware holding my right shoulder together- not looking to risk sparring with someone who doesn't know when to stop when tapped, so it would have to be a well disciplined school. Just want to get a workout and stay fresh with self defense techniques.

I am glad you liked that rifle I sold you….you would have kicked my a$$ 😀

If he were my pupil I'd put him on half GOMAD and obscene amounts of chicken and fish, make him carry water up stairs and do no glove pad work, and not forget a liberal application of attitude correction. No reason a coach can't get a puberty age boy into mean shape, a friend of mine is a hs football coach and he does it every year. Same regimen.

The strip mall martial arts schools, all tuition and no burpees. Sad.
That one wasn't my circus, not my monkeys. Really there was only the one rotten apple- most of the kids were wonderful and even the rotten apple did work hard and physically improved. I hope he settled down as an adult before someone gave him a serious attitude adjustment. His parents were nice, so there was hope.

I did coach youth through middle school football and that's pretty much what we did with kids. Mostly a bunch of slower, smaller white boys- so lots of conditioning and strength training, plus they were taught to play smart ball. They did very well as a consequence, many were 1st team in in a state championship high school program (in the South) and quite a few grabbed D1 scholarships in well known programs. One is in the NFL. When the other teams were fatigued in the second half, these boys had an extra gear.

Anyone looking for a self defense or martial arts school should keep all this in mind. Don't show up and just observe the beginning of a class- see what students look like at the end of a class. If they are drenched in sweat and maybe a little 'worse for the wear', that's a good sign.

I am glad you liked that rifle I sold you….you would have kicked my a$$ 😀
There's no such thing as a K31 that isn't loved by all. [smile] LOL since then I've had that ACL repaired- nothing but stumps where the tendon was. All good now, but wouldn't be hard to get away from me plus I'm vulnerable to...

62789441.jpg

I compete regularly with rifles and am busy with skiing and ski racing league in the winter, so never got back to the work outs. If I found a great place that could accommodate beat up old fat fvcks like me without coddling, maybe I'd jump back in.

Anyone have any experience with Krav Maga Southcoast in New Bedford? Buddy of mine in his 60's is signing up. Want's me to go along. He says I can't just go around shooting people that might attack me.

Back
Top Bottom