• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Korean Surplus .30 M1 Carbine Ammo

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the surplus Korean .30 M1 Carbine ammo?

Is it reliable? Corrosive or non-corrosive?

All M1 carbine is supposed to be non-corrosive. What's the headstamp on it though, there is some chinese made fake headstamp stuff that will blow up your gun.

I'd not have a bit of hesitation using Korean Surplus ammo, especially in 30 carbine caliber.
If it looks good and not all corroded, shoot it. It is all non corrosive.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the surplus Korean .30 M1 Carbine ammo?

How much you finding it for? Just curious if it’s watch cheaper than new production ammo.

I found an ammo can pushed to the back under my work bench, looks like original factory markings, for 1080 rounds. However I have only 7 bandoleers of 120 rounds each on ten-round stripper clips. What little I have taken out is bright and shiney, maybe a small rub mark here and there. Whoever packed this put it in there tight. The headstamp is PSD 86.

"PSD (Poong-San - Dongrae), Poongsan Metal Mfg. Co. Ltd. - Dongrae Ammunition Plant, Seoul, Republic of Korea. Manufactures military cartridges.

I am not shooting my Carbine any more so I need to thin this part of the herd. Will probably put it up in the classifieds.

Last edited:
all US milita
All M1 carbine is supposed to be non-corrosive. What's the headstamp on it though, there is some chinese made fake headstamp stuff that will blow up your gun.
all US mil contract 30 carbine is supposed to be non corrosive, French made has some corrosive stuff out there

Old thread, but the Korean surplus is very good. Its not corrosive and is on stipper clips in bandoliers. Saw a vew cans and bandoliers of it for sale in a few gun stores in southern NH this weekend.

Old thread, but the Korean surplus is very good. Its not corrosive and is on stipper clips in bandoliers. Saw a vew cans and bandoliers of it for sale in a few gun stores in southern NH this weekend.

Good to know that it is still out there and available.

However I am no longer in the M1 Carbine club. Have/had to make some hard decisions as I grow older about what should be in my "arsenal". The M1 Carbine is a fun little gun and I would encourage those who have not fired one to try.

Back
Top Bottom