• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Korean armed resistance in the Los Angeles riots /1992

Livefreeormass

NES Member
I know there have been many accounts on the 1992 LA riots. Somehow I still Googled it today. Don't think we'll ever get another riot here in this country.

Korean armed resistance in the Los Angeles riots in Mad Max World Forum

"Korean armed resistance in the Los Angeles riots began on April 29, 1992 after the Rodney King verdict. Korean businesses were the primary target of looters in the 1992 Los Angeles riots, as Los Angeles holds the nation's largest Korean-American community of 145,000. Korean Merchants suffered five shop owners killed, 2,100 businesses burned, more than $350 million in damage, or nearly half the city's total from the riots. During the riots many Koreans from throughout the area rushed to Koreatown, spearheaded by a small group of Korean veterans with previous military service, heeding a call put out on Korean-language radio stations for volunteer security guards. From the rooftop a group of Koreans armed with shotguns and automatic weapons peered onto the smoky streets. Scores of others, carrying steel pipes, pistols and automatic rifles, paced through the darkened parking lot in anticipation of an assault by looters. One vigilante Korean security force, wearing white scarves, patrolled the burned and looted shops of Koreatown. "There was a lot of activity to protect the Korean businesses, especially in Koreatown. A lot of young Korean people had weapons. There was every kind of weapon, AR15s, AK-47s and Uzis. The police department was just sitting there watching it happen. It was total anarchy."

Don't think we'll ever get another riot here in this country.

History never repeats exactly, but it certainly rhymes. In the short paragraph above, it listed all the important ingredients to survive such a scenario:

1. Communication: radio
2. Weapons
3. Training: veterans
4. The will to defend yourself
5. Community, tribe or clan: you can't clap with one hand, and you can't set up a security perimeter with one man and one gun

I need to take my Korean neighbor to the range, and the Jewish ones too.

There were no automatic weapons present. Also, midway through the riots, the county suspended sale of bullets, so the Koreans went to the barter system. The DA contemplated charges but due to the LAPD turtleneck at the station and not deploying, coupled with the fa t no money changed hands and the impending issues with police brutality, they decided in essence, not to piss off another racial group.

Back
Top Bottom