• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KNOB CREEK

SBR

Thinking of heading to Knob Creek (machine gun shoot/ and show) this weekend, just wondering if anyone is going or if anyone has been. I was wondering how big the gun show part is 20 tables 40 tables ect.? Also if its all machiune gun stuff or is there other black rifles and parts. Any help would be great!!!!!

SBR

I've been a couple of times.

Bring a portable chair,money, sunglasses/safety glasses, money, water, a hat, money, sunscreen, money, hearing protection, money, something to eat(the lines for food are longer than I'll stand in for a hotdog or hamburger) a camera and batteries or film, and money.

If its dry out, its going to be dusty....if its wet and rainy its going to be muddy so wear or at least bring boots and maybe rain gear. A check of the local weather looks like its going to be a beautiful weekend there, sunny in the low 80's.

There are dozens of vendors and probably a couple of hundred tables under the pole barn. Anything you could possibly want is likely there if you look. Stalls out behind the pole barn were filled with pallets of ammo last spring, some at reasonable savings, some at internet prices.....but there was plenty of it in all calibers.

The night shoot is the highlight of the weekend if its not cancelled due to forest fires. The shooting was interrupted several times last spring due to fires in the woods from tracers. We left early because the word was it was going to be delayed for at least three hours with several fires burning and yet to be chased down and extinguished by the local FD and the onsite crews.

Some locals were up in the parking area selling in date MRE's for $30 a case.....probably the best bargain on the premises that day.

You'll have a good time....everyone should go there at least once.

Its a long drive and if you are going through New York on Rt 90, beware, they're out to make money so keep your speed down.
BTW, if you have a Ma LTC, its good in Kentucky. guns are unloaded and cable tied at the front gate so you can't carry loaded on the site but once off the premises you are good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been several times, both spring and fall; definitely worth the trip.

Just about anything you can imagine is available for sale, including lots of obscure parts.

Back
Top Bottom