• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

Damn. How much $$$ did the guy with the minigun burn through? I wish I had that kind of disposable cash.

Cool video. Thanks for posting. All the tracers remind me of star wars

I shot 1200 tracer rounds from my beltfed in about 3 min, at the VT shoot.
It was pretty satisfy, with the exception of everyone else's tracers making my 5.56 tracer look like babies.

It was 2 years in the making ...i wish more place allowed tracers.
We had 100 people mag/belt dumping up to .50 cal all over the place landing in the woods and thick brush.

Guess what 0 fires....

Many years ago I went to the last Hiram Maxim Northeast Military Shoot & Expo, a.k.a. Maxim Machine Gun Shoot up in Maine. It was spectacular. In addition to several miniguns the machine gun pod from the movie WaterWorld was there with it's 4 mounted machine guns. It was fun watching during the day, but the best was the finale. A hundred or more machine guns started shooting at the same time with tracers flying galore. There were explosions as cars went up in flames and everything in front of the line was ripped to shreds. Watching that pod though was something else as it ripped through belt after belt of ammo.

Not sure how much money was shot downrange, but as a spectator it was worth the $10 admission charge. I was sorry to hear they stopped doing those shoots. Lots of fun.

Last edited:
I shot 1200 tracer rounds from my beltfed in about 3 min, at the VT shoot.
It was pretty satisfy, with the exception of everyone else's tracers making my 5.56 tracer look like babies.

It was 2 years in the making ...i wish more place allowed tracers.
We had 100 people mag/belt dumping up to .50 cal all over the place landing in the woods and thick brush.

Guess what 0 fires....

That wasn't the case a couple of years ago at the Creek. The line was shut down multiple times for multiple woods fires.

You lucked out with 0 fires. That is usually not the case.

And cheap bourbon!

Nah, its about the same price around here as anywhere else I've been. Good moonshine available most places (from all the bible thumping hypocrites). The gun laws(or lack of them I should say) are far better than most places though. No NFA restrictions(all NFA OK), shall issue concealed carry if you desire, open carry NOBODY BLINKS AN EYE, suppressors legal and can be used to hunt, hunting on Sundays, no hunting license necessary if you are a property owner(huntable property...aka farm), no NICS check if holder of CCDW permit, Federal FVCK YOU state and no limits on "rates of fire" or magazines.

Come on down, but absolutely leave your politics behind if you know what's good for you.

Price out bourbon in KY versus MA. SOME of it is taxes. SOME of it is transport. MUCH of it is utter bullspit. If only more brands came in 1.75's to keep the prices down.

See. There's another reason to move to KY.

Bourbon in Knob Creek cost more than back here in NEw England. They really know their market.

I've been to KC a few times over the years as well as the NGD (National Gun Day) gun show at the fairgrounds. There were over 3000 tables as well as reinactors dressed as Patton and complete with tanks.

Every gun guy/gal needs to go to Mecca once in their life to experience KC. When I was there they had a VietNam era helicopter with an M60 on it straffing the field. BTW, the guy who brings one of the GE miniguns owns an ammo company. Surprise!

If you can't find it at KC, it doesn't exist. Once there was a quad 50 for sale right off a ship. Four 50 caliber machine guns tied together. I've also gone there and come home with long guns like an FAL and M1a. There cash is king and everyone, right down to the crumb crunchers is wearing camo. (yes, entire familes are there like at a fair, all wearing muffs, no kidding). There are hotels there that book out early. There's also a KOA campground not far down the road. Be prepared for mud in the rainy days.

Back
Top Bottom