Knife wielding man shot near BU over storrow

According to WCVB: "Man shot by police in Boston had posted threats to police on social media - saying he would challenge them if caught".

If are holding a weapon in your hand and multiple cops tell you multiple times to drop it and you refuse, well, that is pretty much PSGWSP.

Never made a threatening move, just refused to comply so he was shot like a dog. #BostonStrong

You have little clue as to how dangerous a man with a knife is then. Something to educate to especially to protect your own life.

Edit: watch the video posted.

Sent from my mobile phone from behind enemy lines.

If are holding a weapon in your hand and multiple cops tell you multiple times to drop it and you refuse, well, that is pretty much PSGWSP.

Statists love statists.

Cops have guns drawn on a knife-wielding man. If he flinches, he's going to be shot. But if he doesn't move, and doesn't comply, murder is justified....

Jackass, if the idiot isn't moving and you tell him to do something, if he doesn't comply, that's your justification to kill him? I hope you don't have any kids to teach your wisdom to....

Statists love statists.

Cops have guns drawn on a knife-wielding man. If he flinches, he's going to be shot. But if he doesn't move, and doesn't comply, murder is justified....

Jackass, if the idiot isn't moving and you tell him to do something, if he doesn't comply, that's your justification to kill him? I hope you don't have any kids to teach your wisdom to....
And we are off...
[popcorn]

this-is-gonna-be-good.jpg

Statists love statists.

You must have been there too

You must have been there too

Based on quote FROM BDP, he didn't attack them, unlike the guy from a few days prior. BPD escalated and attacked him. Typical bullcrap cop work. Escalate till they win and you're captured or you're dead technique. Nothing to see here, move along...

"...The shooting came 2½ weeks after Boston police and FBI agents from a Joint Terrorism Task Force shot and killed Usaamah Rahim, 26, of Roslindale, who had allegedly lunged at the investigators with a military-style knife..."

Vs

"...BU graduate student Chelsea Reid said she saw a shirtless man running along the Esplanade and said several officers jumped out of a van and gave chase..."

So, the cops chased him, and murdered him. According to their own words. But let me guess, hearsay?.....smh

Based on quote FROM BDP, he didn't attack them, unlike the guy from a few days prior. BPD escalated and attacked him. Typical bullcrap cop work. Escalate till they win and you're captured or you're dead technique. Nothing to see here, move along...

"...The shooting came 2½ weeks after Boston police and FBI agents from a Joint Terrorism Tas6 k Force shot and killed Usaamah Rahim, 26, of Roslindale, who had allegedly lunged at the investigators with a military-style knife..."

Vs

"...BU graduate student Chelsea Reid said she saw a shirtless man running along the Esplanade and said several officers jumped out of a van and gave chase..."

So, the cops chased him, and murdered him. According to their own words. But let me guess, hearsay?.....smh
You dont even have the correct PD that did the shooting. MSP ( and I am no fan of them at all) were involved. The guy had a warrant, the MSP were trying to serve the warrant. Shake your head all youd like, but at least have a clue as to what took place.

Statists love statists.

Perhaps you've never done a Tueller drill?

A person with at a standstill can cover 20' in about 1-2 seconds. If he his holding a knife in his hand, previously running away from cops, refuses multiple orders to drop the knife, that justifies deadly force. Is he an immediate threat of death or grave bodily injury? He sure is.

You dont even have the correct PD that did the shooting. MSP ( and I am no fan of them at all) were involved. The guy had a warrant, the MSP were trying to serve the warrant. Shake your head all youd like, but at least have a clue as to what took place.

You're not accurate either. The MSP shot the mentally ill person but BU PD recognized his open warrant and attempted to arrest him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not accurate either. The MSP shot the mentally ill person but BU PD recognized his open warrant and attempted to arrest him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is indeed more accurate, I was a bit to succinct, my apologies.

A reminder: you can disagree with people without being disagreeable. If you can't disagree without calling people names, then you are likely to earn yourself a vacation.

Ill wait until the body cam vids are released or more details. However I will say if you flee from the cops with a knife, and when approached, pull out the knife and make a move towards the officer while he is ordering you to drop it, well sh*t is not gonna go well for you sparky.

Ill wait until the body cam vids are released or more details. However I will say if you flee from the cops with a knife, and when approached, pull out the knife and make a move towards the officer while he is ordering you to drop it, well sh*t is not gonna go well for you sparky.

MSP do not have body cams, not sure about BU cops. I have not heard anything about video so I doubt they do either.

Dead guy has a very long record including 21 yrs in prison (he was 42 yrs old or so) 3 convictions for assault with a deadly weapon, in 2009 he tried to kill his sister with a samuri sword then attack the cops and their cars with it when they came, etc.

Not sure how someone with his record is out of prison after trying to kill someone with a sword in '09. But it's massachusetts, so that explains it.

Lol love how everyone assumes the kopsch were wrong even though this looks like a patently, flamingly obvious case of SBC.

so if this guy were in a hospital he would be Section 12'ed....clearly some screws are loose here.

i cannot see the knife in the pictures so I'm presuming it's either small or he dropped it? further they had him cornered on a footbridge. perhaps i'm confused but don't we spend all sorts of tax $$ on furnishing and training law enforcement w nonlethal methods?

my guts cringe whenever LEO's gun down a mentally ill person that isn't posing an immediate threat....in this case none of us can say with any certainty whether this guy was going to hurt anyone. there's simply no way to know. Regardless, the LEO who shot him gets to live the rest of their life wondering whether they took a life for no reason.

mentally disturbed or not, if the cop yelled " drop the knife or i'll shoot you in the nuts" would likely get 99% compliance in these scenarios.

Statists love statists.

Just wow.

Were you there?

Were you?

The eyewitness report I read stated that the dude wasn't moving, he was shot once, then three more times.

If the knife wielding guy was a barking dog (pick your breed) you'd all be pissed off, 21 feet away or not.

I'm about as anti statist as they come, heck I don't even like borders or anything, but what I read is that the police had him trapped and he lunged at one with his knife. If that is what happened, the shooting was justified. Using a taser first might be more reasonable against someone completely unarmed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That's just stupid. They can get guns we can't but not non lethal tazers. This place sure be crazy.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

You need to be within 25 feet or less of the person for a taser, are willing to get that close? Also, what if you miss? now you have a plastic hammer.

Back
Top Bottom