• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knife Thread

Do we have one of these threads already? Used to just carry around some cheap Kershaw Blur and Speedsafe. Just ordered my first real nice knives.
Got a Spyderco Paramilitary II and a Benchmade Mini Grip. Looking forward to extend the family as time goes on.
Post up what you all have.

I have a bunch of knives. I'm more of a traditional collector instead of the newer tactical types. This GEC cutlery is great in 1095 steel. Made in the USA too.

Last edited:
I'm an Esee and Spyderco type of guy
Watch out, that's how you get started, then it escalates from there.
212xz7l.jpg

a5e3db055d9bd673cd420112b0972941.jpg

445c44546a4c46ff6eb641c9cda45aba.jpg

acbd2b83e01c24e969fb077b8fa91b96.jpg

5adfcc686fa72c795ab640c10347bfc4.jpg

e5c0aa6e6583d8462c057b9450205f79.jpg

The sebenza 25 is my absolute favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some nice pieces in here. I just bought an inexpensive Kershaw blade, but am sending it back because the description didn't mention that it was a flipper.

Question for anyone familiar with the laws: in Mass you can own anything, just not necessarily carry it. However, I remember reading that the laws about selling knives are much more restrictive. Stuff you can buy you cannot turn around and sell. If you have a private collection of items you'd like to pare down, how would you do it?

Just picked up a Spyderco Ambitious for EDC and an Ontario SP1 Combat fixed blade for my get home bag.

Bcamos, what is the knife leaning against your AR? I assume its a frame lock?

Strider SnG (or possibly an SMF) with a custom/non-catalog blade grind.

ETA: And it is a frame lock (as are the vast majority of Strider folders).

ETA2: The bottom picture shows the frame / lock.
445c44546a4c46ff6eb641c9cda45aba.jpg

5adfcc686fa72c795ab640c10347bfc4.jpg

Last edited:
Ayone looking for a good inexpensive fixed blade for a GHB/BOB. I just got this Shrade SCHF9 and this thing is a beast. weighs a full pound, 1/4 inch thick full tang, comes with a sharp edge and a decent sheath for about $40

images

I got a DPx HEAT folder about 2 months ago and really like it a lot. It's not a big blade knife (3/16" thick x 2.25" long) but has a full four finger handle. I had been looking for something with a smaller, thicker blade and a bit more handle and this fit the bill nicely. I edc'd a Benchmade Mini Griptillian (great knife) for the last 8 years and it served me well but I lived and learned ( at least from my perspective) and decided it was time for a change. Sometimes change is a good thing...

I have Kanetsune knife. I use it during years. I will add pictures later. (Just need to take a good camera from my brother...)

{Here's a copy-paste from my post in an old knife thread.}

Two Family Heirlooms:

Made during the Great Depression by my Grandfather for my dad when dad was 12.
Blade: an old file (best steel available).
Handle: scrap of walnut left over from a gun stock project.
Sheath: leather and buckle from an old logger's boot. Granddad was very safety concious so he lined the sheath with sheet steel taken from the door of a junk Model-T

The blade is fixed into the handle by pouring in molten babbitt from model-T main bearings.
SAM_0598_zps18e42ddf.jpg

Made by my dad when he was 14. Handle is antler from one of Granddad's kills. Blade from an old file. Handle's butt is covered with a cap formed from brass. The tang is from a scrap of brass. Blade fixed in handle with 3 rivets.
SAM_0600_zps94375fb0.jpg

Funny story: When he was 76 my dad had hip replacement surgery. He was awake with a spinal block. When they fired up the power tools the smell instantly brought him back to when he was 14 drilling the center out of the antler.[laugh]

Heirlooms are sweet. Nice that you have those.

----

I'm pretty simple when it comes to knives. I'm all about utility and the reality that I loose stuff... So I carry a Kershaw scallion - small and unobtrusive, but always with me and super easy one had operation.

Then I have a collection of Mora knives (carbon steel variety) that are decent bushraft knives. They hold an edge, you can (within reason) batton wood for a fire, and they are inexpensive. Not very tacticool, but very practical for a GHB/car tool box/etc.

Question for anyone familiar with the laws: in Mass you can own anything, just not necessarily carry it. However, I remember reading that the laws about selling knives are much more restrictive. Stuff you can buy you cannot turn around and sell. If you have a private collection of items you'd like to pare down, how would you do it?

I am not an expert on MA knife laws, but TTBOMK, the only restriction on selling knives that you own are likely an age restriction. I am unaware of any laws limiting what you can sell or how many you can sell.

Great collection!

Do not know what the 4th down, axes, folders, or fixed blade at bottom are.

Curious if my IDs are correct, could you fill in the blanks?

Al Mar kukri machete

Cold Steel Trailmaster

MK2 pattern, possibly issue

80s Gerber MK2, non-serrated

Familiar but unknown, looks like bayonet pattern but not bayonet.

80s Gerber MK1, non-serrated

Last pattern Pilot Knife either unissued or Japan repro

Randall 5

Back
Top Bottom