Knife Sharpening services recommendations

rep308

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I gave up trying to sharpen my own nice knives and found a professional service near me. Hub Grinding in Walpole MA did one heck of a job of sharpening my kitchen knives at a cost of $4 per knife and $9 for my kitchen shears. I've spent lots of time and effort, watched YouTube videos all with mixed results. I dropped my knives off at Hub Grinding, picked them up an hour later and cut myself pretty good playing with them half an hour after that. These knives are sharper than I could have ever done.

Please reply with knife sharpening services in your area that you have good experiences with.

I hope this doesn't impact my man card status......

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Once I learned how to use my WorkSharp Ken Onion, I have been able to shave with every one of my knives (except the scalloped bread knives, of course).
I received one of these for fathers day a few years back. One of the best dang gifts. I sharpen all the things with it. I used to use stones, but this thing is much faster, and if you get the tool attachment you can knock out axes and lawnmower blades with a quickness too.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bring my wife's Kramer chef knife once a year to the Sur La Table at the Natick Mall for them to have "their guy" hand sharpen it for $5. They know better than to run her knife through their electric sharpener. I have Japanese whetstones, but for $5 and an afternoon or two at the mall, I'm game. I use a Lanksy on all my pocket knives.

Enzo

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Perfect Edge is in Shrewsbury, MA. I met Howard when I found my fathers straight razor and brought it to him to refurbish and sharpen. He is a sharpening guru, great guy, here is his Facebook page.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I haven't used them in years but did use D A Bucci and Sons in Stoneham.

They sell cutlery and service restaurants in the metro area. I don't know if they sharpen circular slicing blades anymore but that was one of the reasons. Sometimes you can pick up a used mismatched 'set' of knives that have been switched out. In the early 90's I picked up some new/old knives to use as a camp/butcher set at deer camp with the brothers. All of them still hold a nice edge.

Last edited:

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have that Onion Worksharp too. Very easy to use. I sharpened all of our stuff and we all cut ourselves, having gotten used to dull blades. 😉

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I use a TSPROF Russian knife sharpener. The blood stains on the base of it attest to how well it works...

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I bring my wife's Kramer chef knife once a year to the Sur La Table at the Natick Mall for them to have "their guy" hand sharpen it for $5. They know better than to run her knife through their electric sharpener. I have Japanese whetstones, but for $5 and an afternoon or two at the mall, I'm game. I use a Lanksy on all my pocket knives.
Good to know. My Kramer is the only knife I’m afraid to sharpen. OTOH, 2 years later and a bit of steeling and it’s razor sharp. I figure I’m a year or two from needing it done.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up trying to sharpen my own nice knives and found a professional service near me. Hub Grinding in Walpole MA did one heck of a job of sharpening my kitchen knives at a cost of $4 per knife and $9 for my kitchen shears. I've spent lots of time and effort, watched YouTube videos all with mixed results. I dropped my knives off at Hub Grinding, picked them up an hour later and cut myself pretty good playing with them half an hour after that. These knives are sharper than I could have ever done.

Please reply with knife sharpening services in your area that you have good experiences with.

I hope this doesn't impact my man card status......
Part of being a man is knowing when it’s best to let the other man, that does ‘X’ all day, every day, handle the job.
I sharpen my own knives, and I’m not that good :(

Top Bottom