Knife Forum on NES?

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
I have no idea what it takes to add a forum on NES, or how to manage it, but If you ever need an idea on a new one... a Knife Forum wouldn't suck.

I'd be willing to pay up to an additional $2.63 a year for a membership subscription that includes a Knife Forum. :D

~Matt

Last edited:
I would likethis,but unfortunately I am in the minority of knife owners that will spend $1k or more to get custom OTF or flipper...I think the majority of a knife owners here would be more interested in Swiss Army Knives,Bucks,etc...Maybe a Randall, Busse,Esse or some sort of obscure bayonet.I know of at least 2 other members here that will buy high end knives,but again,I think that is the minority of knife owners here.

I am looking for a Microtech HALO 3 Tactical edition non-serrated tanto blade in case anyone has one they are willing to part :D

Custom hand-made to cousin's hand-me-down. I want to see what you got, how it works and why you love/like/hate it.

Maybe a knife Mega-thread in the "Equipment" forum would be better than a new forum and all it entails...

I think a knife forum would be a great idea too. I'm not the high end knife type, but do have a few and always looking to hear about what others like.

Not a bad idea, but I’m guessing an NES knife forum would go toward the “tactical” side of the knife hobby very quickly. That’s not what I’m into. Velcro sheaths and blackened blades don’t really interest me, though they did when I was a young soldier.

Then I went Randall, and never looked back.

I’m more of a buck 110 guy myself, but I’ve got a bunch of others.

My Christmas gift to men in the family is a small cheap pocketknife every year. The intention is to get people to carry a damn knife.

That’s what’s wrong with the world today: no one carries a pocketknife. You can’t help but feel useful if you have a knife. Guaranteed that 99% of guys changing their own tire have a pocketknife on them.

Small 2 blade Uncle Henry in my pants pocket, at all times . If it isn't there I fell kinda naked. Carried my Buck 110 folder on my belt for numerous years . Probably not good idea today. Just a side note....I broke the tip on that Buck folder (My favorite BTW) and sent it back to Buck, not only did they replace the blade but they cleaned and polished that old knife,and sharpened and honed the blade FOR FREE. Details about their Lifetime Guarantee are on their website @ https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/bucks-forever-warranty/

Last edited:
Small 2 blade Uncle Henry in my pants pocket, at all times . If it isn't there I fell kinda naked. Carried my Buck 110 folder on my belt for numerous years . Probably not good idea today.

Depends on what you’re doing and where. I’ve never had a problem when I do. Only thing is it interferes with my pistol, so it goes in a pocket.

I'm low budget. My first knife (1980) was an Uncle Henry Bear Paw. Still have it, and recently used it on a coyote. I've got others, but I'm most fond of that one. I just ordered an Outdoor Edge Le Duck to see how I like that style of knife & carry.

Depends on what you’re doing and where. I’ve never had a problem when I do. Only thing is it interferes with my pistol, so it goes in a pocket.
My town has a no blade over 3" knife ordinance. I don't to get jacked up over my belt carried knife and have it come up on suitability next time I renew.This town is silly enough getting renewed.

Both of my late grandfathers served in WWII, one in the Pacific and one in France/Germany. All through my childhood I remember both of them always having a small folding knife in their pocket. You always knew who to turn to for assistance in opening up a Christmas present, cutting some string or any other small chore. I have become that guy in my family, as I have carried a small folding knife for almost 30 years. I use it at least once or twice a day and can't imagine not having it sitting in my pocket.

A simple Swiss Army Knife is always handy to have.

71FHJU17djL._SX463_.jpg

Seriously, I would support a knife forum.

Never bring a knife to a gun fight !

Seriously, I wouldn't mind this thread being a knife megathread. I own a couple of decent knives, but would really like to know more, and welcome the idea.

I would likethis,but unfortunately I am in the minority of knife owners that will spend $1k or more to get custom OTF or flipper...I think the majority of a knife owners here would be more interested in Swiss Army Knives,Bucks,etc...Maybe a Randall, Busse,Esse or some sort of obscure bayonet.I know of at least 2 other members here that will buy high end knives,but again,I think that is the minority of knife owners here.

I am looking for a Microtech HALO 3 Tactical edition non-serrated tanto blade in case anyone has one they are willing to part :D

I wish I could spend a 1k on a knife, does that count?

I carry a spyderco pikal. Own a bunch of Benchmades and other spyders

Knife forum would be awesome. I thought knives were kind of cool long before I even got into guns. When I was about 10 I got a Winchester half serrated folder. It got dull as hell after I cut down a sapling with it at my grandparents house.

These days I have a Spyderco endura wave I care whenever it is appropriate. I also carry a multi tool every day. Most of the time it’s a basic Swiss Army knife but if I go hunting or fishing I take a leather man wave.

There are rare occasions I carry a fixed blade. In that case it’s a folts minimalist by crkt. I mix in a leatherman wingman too sometimes since it has a pocket clip.

Anyway, I have a few other toys, would love a knife forum. I bet it would get at least as much traffic as the HAM radio forum!

I have some folders that I really like. Like a Kershaw Leek that's my EDC.

I'm also getting back into making blades, starting with fixed blades. At some point I plan to also start making folders. I'm actually planning to get a forging session in after lunch today. :)

I have no idea what it takes to add a forum on NES, or how to manage it, but If you ever need an idea on a new one... a Knife Forum wouldn't suck.

I'd be willing to pay up to an additional $2.63 a year for a membership subscription that includes a Knife Forum. :D

~Matt

I'd like to see a knife forum, too.

I wish I could spend a 1k on a knife, does that count?

That depends. Do you write for the Tab? Any one see this nonsense yet?

North East Stabbers?

I have been putting a flashlight and a folding knife in my pants pocket every morning for longer than I can remember. Probably since I was a boy scout in my early teens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom