Knife Forum on NES?

My EDC is a Kershaw Leak and a Leatherman Super Tool 300.
I've worn out 3 Leatherman cases over the years and always surprise someone when it comes out at an opportune moment. It's a toolbox on your hip.
The Kershaw Leek has been equally as useful, and indestructible. I actually bought 3 more a couple years after I bought the first, and I still have them in their boxes.
They were purchased in case I lost or damaged the original. Haven't needed them yet after 12 years of constant use.

As for woods/camping/hunting I like American-Made. I have had a Buck 119 for many years and it serves me well.
I did however, pick up a Becker BK-10 for batoning small fire stove wood. It is built like a brick shithouse. The 119 would never have its spine whacked with a limb...

Last edited:
2013-10-08164348_zpsb67434a3.png

I have some folders that I really like. Like a Kershaw Leek that's my EDC.

I'm also getting back into making blades, starting with fixed blades. At some point I plan to also start making folders. I'm actually planning to get a forging session in after lunch today. :)

Me and the kids just built a kickback for each of us. Cheap rough riders but so what? Kind of stiff, I think we hit them too hard peeking the pins. Still need to put an edge on them, too

That's the one in my bike bag.
My town has a no blade over 3" knife ordinance. I don't to get jacked up over my belt carried knife and have it come up on suitability next time I renew.This town is silly enough getting renewed.

That's why I sprung for the Sage .Sub 3" blade .Carbon fiber scales .

I have a few .delica 4's which also pass, but they are my work knives .not edc .

Edited .forgot sage is 3" exactly with 2.75 of cutting surface (there's a yummy Choi).

Last edited:
Good idea! I tell my son a good man carries a good knife when he asks about it, lol he's 5. I carry a spyderco ambitious daily for work, like some said if I happen to forget it I don't feel right all day without since I do use it a lot for cutting small rope/mule tape and stuff like that. Although it has served me well I think about getting one of the more expensive/better quality models. It just I've lost a few knives in my day so the spyderco budget line works good for me( I have the persistence & tenacious also)

Last edited:
I've been carrying small folders of various makes and qualities for many years. They pretty much get used daily for one thing or another. Mostly drop point, half-serrated, ~2.5" blades, that fit nicely in the watch pocket of my jeans...:emoji_dagger: Never leave home without it!

:emoji_dagger: Never leave home without it!

+10000... Not only do I have one always clipped to my pocket, I have another one always in the truck. Often I have another one, or one (or more) of my Leatherman's in whatever pack I'm using that day (such as going to the office).

As with most things... One is none, two is one. ;)

39C08E1E-8607-4DB5-B415-550FECB0998F.jpeg My current rotation from top to bottom:
Buck 110 because it’s a classic, if bulky
Benchmade 447 with my squadron patch engraved on blade. It was a retirement gift that I truly appreciate. Also my only “expensive” knife.
Buck 112 that I like better than the 110. Both Bucks have grip tape on the spine for one handed opening.
CRKT Mt Rainer with clip removed for pocket carry when I pocket carry a pistol
Cheap butterfly knife I got from a hunting buddy who just passed.

I rarely ever get dressed without strapping something pokey on ;) I'm pretty specific on what EDC knives I like on me. They must be relatively short, flat, minimal, black, and definitely tacticool to the max. The compact size is because I like to keep it in my pocket and I have a lack of real estate there. With that said, yes, I would enjoy a knife section on here.

image.jpeg Knives... One of my favorite subjects. I own a Kershaw Lyft. Nice folder. I cut cardboard boxes open with it. I own a Kershaw Camp 10. It's alright to take it camping and baton firewood. I own a CRKT Dragon with a Wharncliff grind, that I keep on my fighting rig (lol) for little more than decorative purposes (because if I've used all the ammo on my rig, and the other guy ain't dead yet, the knife won't save me either). It's all bullshitass child's play. And then, I have a knife that is not even in the same zip code as the others. Made by a brother from another mother, just for me. It is the knife I keep in my go bag. In other words, when society, friends, technology and the rule of law fail me, this is the blade that will be with me to provide me with food, shelter and safety. It is the one knife I trust with my life, no matter what. A well heat treated and tempered, Scandi ground, quarter of an inch thick hunk of O1 steel, with home made Micarta scales, and a craftsmanship that strangely arouses me every time it comes out of the sheet. I shit you not, I told my girlfriend that I want to be buried with it when my day comes, and I guarantee you, it'll cut the devil's horns off like butter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 11
I work at NH state surplus (white farm ) we sell TSA confiscated knives on Mondays to the public. State holidays and during auctions excepted.

View attachment 222322 Knives... One of my favorite subjects. I own a Kershaw Lyft. Nice folder. I cut cardboard boxes open with it. I own a Kershaw Camp 10. It's alright to take it camping and baton firewood. I own a CRKT Dragon with a Wharncliff grind, that I keep on my fighting rig (lol) for little more than decorative purposes (because if I've used all the ammo on my rig, and the other guy ain't dead yet, the knife won't save me either). It's all bullshitass child's play. And then, I have a knife that is not even in the same zip code as the others. Made by a brother from another mother, just for me. It is the knife I keep in my go bag. In other words, when society, friends, technology and the rule of law fail me, this is the blade that will be with me to provide me with food, shelter and safety. It is the one knife I trust with my life, no matter what. A well heat treated and tempered, Scandi ground, quarter of an inch thick hunk of O1 steel, with home made Micarta scales, and a craftsmanship that strangely arouses me every time it comes out of the sheet. I shit you not, I told my girlfriend that I want to be buried with it when my day comes, and I guarantee you, it'll cut the devil's horns off like butter.

You couldnt have possibly made my day any better.
Im in for the knife thread!

Thanks Derek and all of you who thought this was a good idea.

BTW. MidwayUSA has a great price on Glock 81 knives. $29.99 with free shipping. Best price I've found to date on a great general purpose knife.

fb84feb0d2acb5e3070e0b604abd2aff.jpg

I work at NH state surplus (white farm ) we sell TSA confiscated knives on Mondays to the public. State holidays and during auctions excepted.

Look like some stocking-stuffers there. Thanks Tim.

P6080012.JPG

Back
Top Bottom