KN95 Masks

Yes wearing a N95 I notice much more difficulty to breath thru than one of those dopey cloth masks. I use to wear N95 in the workshop for sawdust etc. but I was not really moving around much. Not like now running around in the belly of the beast like a grocery store. Fauci is out of control and drunk with power. There is no end in sight to this mask mandate.

I've gotten to the point where I'll just do the opposite of what they are telling me to do - just because.

There is simply no way I'm going to double mask or any of that other bullshit. I do wear the (single) mask going into stores and stuff like that - because it's THEIR policy. I think a lot of people have this whole "fight the man" complex - and they go to the supermarket and start fighting with the store manager over a GOVERNMENT mandate. If the stores start requiring double masking or some other crazier BS than they require now - then I'll likely be refusing that one because it's just stupid.

I think the bakery has a right to tell a gay couple that's it not baking them a wedding cake, and if the stores want to tell their customers it's store policy to wear a mask - that's within their right to do so. If I don't like it - I can just not shop there.

If I'm walking down the street - I'm not wearing a damn mask. When the weather was better and I took my kid out for walks on the rail trail - I didn't wear a mask. I'm not going to wear a mask on my own damn property or in my own house. Those are all legitimate areas for me to tell the mask mandate crowd to phuck off.

I think there are a lot of places to get NIOSH N95 masks now, like here - cheapest seems to be about $100 for 30, but cheaper if you order big numbers:

The company has gotten a lot of good press, including from MIT and Beth Israel.

The prices there are lunacy.

$179 for 20 N95 respirator style masks? Before all this BS started I used to be able to buy a box of 20 3M N95 style masks for something like $25.00 at Home Depot.

Just as an FYI, KN95 are essentially unregulated Chinese knock offs of N95. The N95 has to meet stringent US govt guidelines, KN95 does not. Since the OP was concerned about not using knock-offs.
Are the 3M N95s available again now for sale to peasants? They banned retail sale so 3M distys could sell them to the highest Foreign bidder last year.

My Ebola stock is running thin.

$179 for 20 N95 respirator style masks? Before all this BS started I used to be able to buy a box of 20 3M N95 style masks for something like $25.00 at Home Depot.

Still looks like this rape pricing is still going on. And probably used masks lol

The $8 ones are a newer design that’s supposed to kill viruses. All the N95s they have including the $3 one are also Surgical masks, which the Home Depot ones are not. Meaning they protect against jets of fluid.

You can still buy N95 particulate masks, I’ve seen those around.

Are the 3M N95s available again now for sale to peasants? They banned retail sale so 3M distys could sell them to the highest Foreign bidder last year.

My Ebola stock is running thin.
Yes, they are. PM me if you are interested in ordering some

Was out this a.m. to deliver some food to relatives in providence, east side and prov college area, decent amount of people out walking dogs, jogging, carrying shopping bags.etc.....and amazingly like 95% of them wearing a mask! Alone. With their dog. Jogging alone. Craziness!

Was out this a.m. to deliver some food to relatives in providence, east side and prov college area, decent amount of people out walking dogs, jogging, carrying shopping bags.etc.....and amazingly like 95% of them wearing a mask! Alone. With their dog. Jogging alone. Craziness!
Wonder how many people have been bitten by their own dogs
the first time they whirled around wearing a mask
and Fido didn't recognize them...

I've gotten to the point where I'll just do the opposite of what they are telling me to do - just because.

There is simply no way I'm going to double mask or any of that other bullshit. I do wear the (single) mask going into stores and stuff like that - because it's THEIR policy. I think a lot of people have this whole "fight the man" complex - and they go to the supermarket and start fighting with the store manager over a GOVERNMENT mandate. If the stores start requiring double masking or some other crazier BS than they require now - then I'll likely be refusing that one because it's just stupid.

I think the bakery has a right to tell a gay couple that's it not baking them a wedding cake, and if the stores want to tell their customers it's store policy to wear a mask - that's within their right to do so. If I don't like it - I can just not shop there.

If I'm walking down the street - I'm not wearing a damn mask. When the weather was better and I took my kid out for walks on the rail trail - I didn't wear a mask. I'm not going to wear a mask on my own damn property or in my own house. Those are all legitimate areas for me to tell the mask mandate crowd to phuck off.

Here's my issue with what you said.

If everyone who disagrees with masks just refused to shop where you need one, refused to go to restaurants, canceled their gym membership, kept their kids home from school, the businesses, schools, and eventually government would get the message.

By putting it on and going about life you are contributing to the problem.

The only 3 places I have had to wear a mask because I simply can't get around it are in an airplane, at the dentist, getting my haircut. Outside of that I shop where they don't enforce it, online, or worst scenario I reward businesses who offer curbside pickup. My $300 nights out are on hold, my gym membership canceled, I avoid spending money anywhere where they insist on a mask.

I'm eating just fine btw, 5 ft 7 and 230 lbs :), haven't worn a mask grocery shopping to date.

Unfortunately so many people are bending over and taking it, businesses and government think it's an acceptable new normal.

Here's my issue with what you said.

If everyone who disagrees with masks just refused to shop where you need one, refused to go to restaurants, canceled their gym membership, kept their kids home from school, the businesses, schools, and eventually government would get the message.

By putting it on and going about life you are contributing to the problem.

The only 3 places I have had to wear a mask because I simply can't get around it are in an airplane, at the dentist, getting my haircut. Outside of that I shop where they don't enforce it, online, or worst scenario I reward businesses who offer curbside pickup. My $300 nights out are on hold, my gym membership canceled, I avoid spending money anywhere where they insist on a mask.

I'm eating just fine btw, 5 ft 7 and 230 lbs :), haven't worn a mask grocery shopping to date.

Unfortunately so many people are bending over and taking it, businesses and government think it's an acceptable new normal.

I pretty much agree with you - and have cut my in person attendance of most businesses by probably 75% since this whole thing started. The three things you mention: airplane, dentist, and haircut - are to me some of the most expendable things I could do. I don't need to fly, I DEFINITELY don't need to get my hair cut at a business - and I've gone to the dentist once since this whole thing started - and only then because I thought my son might have head-butted one of my teeth out of my jaw (he's 2 and jumps around like a maniac sometimes).

I haven't been in a restaurant since March of 2020. If I had had a gym membership - I woudn't have been going. If my kid was older and my wife and I could actually get some work done when he was around - he wouldn't be going to daycare but staying home. We've already talked and figure by the time he's 3 - if this thing is going , he'll probably be staying home, as long as we're both still home.

So what - you're bitching because I just wear the mask at the supermarket? Well - I personally think there's better places to take a stand on the whole mask wearing BS - like when I'm walking outside on the rail trail for example - and see idiots bicycling while wearing their masks. We were walking while the weather was still amenable to it - and I have to say there still seemed to be at least some amount of sanity among maybe 25% of the population there as we saw quite a few people not wearing masks - and even stopped and talked to a few people - while not wearing masks. Definitely got sideways glances though from some of the bicycle idiots who zipped by wearing their masks.

So why the hell are you still going somewhere to get your hair cut? Buy a Flowbee. What is so important that you have to fly there? Drive the car.

The $8 ones are a newer design that’s supposed to kill viruses. All the N95s they have including the $3 one are also Surgical masks, which the Home Depot ones are not. Meaning they protect against jets of fluid.

You can still buy N95 particulate masks, I’ve seen those around.

Ok so I guess that explains the high price.

Still though - I think that is yet another example of the kinds of lunacy that is going around. So we've got an $8 disposable mask - that is supposed to kill virus, is that some sort of "pro" version - mostly intended for people in high exposure professions?

The totally alone and outside by yourself and wearing a mask thing - really is a sign of mental illness if you ask me.

I noticed quite a few people doing the double mask thing when I was the local lab last Friday. The funny thing was - they were all doing it wrong. They had the surgical mask on over their cloth mask.

I pretty much agree with you - and have cut my in person attendance of most businesses by probably 75% since this whole thing started. The three things you mention: airplane, dentist, and haircut - are to me some of the most expendable things I could do. I don't need to fly, I DEFINITELY don't need to get my hair cut at a business - and I've gone to the dentist once since this whole thing started - and only then because I thought my son might have head-butted one of my teeth out of my jaw (he's 2 and jumps around like a maniac sometimes).

I haven't been in a restaurant since March of 2020. If I had had a gym membership - I woudn't have been going. If my kid was older and my wife and I could actually get some work done when he was around - he wouldn't be going to daycare but staying home. We've already talked and figure by the time he's 3 - if this thing is going , he'll probably be staying home, as long as we're both still home.

So what - you're bitching because I just wear the mask at the supermarket? Well - I personally think there's better places to take a stand on the whole mask wearing BS - like when I'm walking outside on the rail trail for example - and see idiots bicycling while wearing their masks. We were walking while the weather was still amenable to it - and I have to say there still seemed to be at least some amount of sanity among maybe 25% of the population there as we saw quite a few people not wearing masks - and even stopped and talked to a few people - while not wearing masks. Definitely got sideways glances though from some of the bicycle idiots who zipped by wearing their masks.

So why the hell are you still going somewhere to get your hair cut? Buy a Flowbee. What is so important that you have to fly there? Drive the car.

Basically without looking really bad, I don't know another way to deal with my hair and without my 4 month cleaning schedule my teeth become problematic, so haven't found a way around that..

Covid hurt my income so I can't replace them right now and my current vehicles are not up for the 1000 mile drive to my girlfriend's, we travel every 2 to 3 weeks, and I am literally stuck without another option. Absolutely, when I buy a new truck I am done flying, and that might be this spring.

Basically without looking really bad, I don't know another way to deal with my hair and without my 4 month cleaning schedule my teeth become problematic, so haven't found a way around that..

Covid hurt my income so I can't replace them right now and my current vehicles are not up for the 1000 mile drive to my girlfriend's, we travel every 2 to 3 weeks, and I am literally stuck without another option. Absolutely, when I buy a new truck I am done flying, and that might be this spring.

I'm serious: get a Flowbee. I've been using one for something like 15 years now. Started using one way back when I was just so busy between work and doing home renovations that I couldn't fit in wasting 2 hours to get a haircut for months on end and my hair just kept growing out way too long. Now I can cut m hair whenever I want to - 10pm on a Sunday night - no problem. George Clooney came and admitted that he's been using a Flowbee for years a couple of months back. Plus - it's saved me a ton of money over all that time.

As far as the mask thing - I think there's better places to expend energy , than arguing with the supermarket manager. He's enforcing story policy - good or bad. The fact of the matter is he's not going to change it just because ONE guy comes in giving him shit. The way you change that is by giving shit to people on a personal level - so that a large enough group is formed against the mask policy that pressure starts getting applied to stop it.

Here's a good example:

Just Get On The Train

BY Herschel Smith
time.gif
11 hours, 17 minutes ago

John Guandolo.
In the last week I have seen videos online, interviews on television, and personally experienced on numerous occasions people explaining to me that I must wear a mask “because it’s the rule/mandate/law.”
As we wrote about HERE, in America we are supposed to govern as a REPUBLIC, which means the majority rules while minority rights are respected. In order to do this, there must be a moral standard.
Only just laws can be legislated. No law can be legislated which violates the moral standard of “the Law of Nature and of Nature’s God” legally defined at the time of the founding as “the will of God” and “Holy Scripture.”
Therefore, telling someone they must do something immoral/unjust – something that harms them or infringes on their unalienable rights – per the moral standard “because it’s the law” or because “I’m just following orders” makes one no better than a Nazi gate guard.
I spent ten (10) years as an Advanced Capability Medic in the FBI, and a few years as an EMT prior to that in and out of the Marine Corps. I spent a lot of time in hospitals, on flight/trauma teams, and treated many patients in the U.S. and overseas, worked in surgery, and taught combat medical skills courses in the FBI.
Masks and other protective gear (e.g. glasses) are meant to protect the wearer from blood, vomitus, and other bodily fluids of the patients. Store bought surgical masks are not meant for preventing influenza virus from passing through them. Just read the box.
The cloth masks people are buying with funny pictures and sayings on them or the bandanas are even more useless. Like throwing sand through a chain-link fence, these masks do not stop the covid virus from passing through.
To say masks stop the spread of Covid-19 is a lie, and everyone with the capacity to process information knows it. See Dr. Fauci say it HERE.
The lockdowns and mask mandates are tools of oppression used by totalitarian statists to subdue the population. It appears to be working.
In the past week, I have taken the time to speak with several people who insist I wear a mask. From the grocery store manager, to the manager of a high-end Dallas restaurant, to the usher at church, to the TSA officer, they all say the same thing.
“It’s a rule.”
“It’s a mandate.”
“It’s church policy.”
After relating a recent experience with the TSA, John succinctly sums up America at the moment.
“Stop being a troublemaker.” “Just get on the train.”

-------------------------

Like I said - when the weather was good enough - we used to go walking on the rail trail. I caught sideways glances from a few people riding their bicycles while wearing their masks - and I was just waiting for somebody to open their trap and say something. Nobody seemed to want to test their fate though. Did run into a number of other people who weren't wearing their masks though and had some friendly encounters. So there are still people out there who haven't lost their shit.

Back
Top Bottom