Kittery trading post

Over the last 3 to 5 years I have rarely found the reloading supplies stocked up. I'm up that way a few times a year and they never seem to have what I am looking for, so much so that I quit asking. In the past they tended have a fiarly good ammo selection however the prices were never that good. At this point in time most if not all major retailers are picked clean.
There ammo prices have never been good.

I’m there now, 9:30. Winchester M855 green tip, 150 round boxes for $69.99. I bought two, not sure if there’s a limit. They’re on shelves in two different spots, at least 30 boxes left. Saw these at Shooters Outpost yesterday for $109.99. One of the displays here shows that price but they ring up at $69.99. Maybe not a great price a year ago but a bargain today. Red Army Standard 640 round case of 7.62x39 at I think $239.99 also.

Last edited:
I’m there now, 9:30. Winchester M855 green tip, 150 round boxes for $69.99. I bought two, not sure if there’s a limit. They’re on shelves in two different spots, at least 30 boxes left. Saw these at Riley’s yesterday for $109.99. One of the displays here shows that price but they ring up at $69.99. Maybe not a great price a year ago but a bargain today. Red Army Standard 640 round case of 7.62x39 at I think $239.99 also.
Wait...you saw them at Riley's yesterday?

Thanks for the real-time update. Saves us all a trip to check prices. Thanks.

I feel like Kittery was mediocre for most but Disneyland for mass people. Now not so much. Still a good reason to head north . Even if its a bust. You can still go eat an overpriced lobster roll somewhere and play tourist.

I was in Shooters Outpost in Hooksett yesterday and they also have a take a number deal. I spoke with one guy who told me that it was ~1 hour to get time with a clerk on the gun counter. Downstairs the line for the cashiers looped up an aisle to the back of the store.
KTP says no to FID legal stock 10/22s and stock Mini 14s. Purchase in NH like Jill and I did for less money and no MA sales tax! KTPs loss was our gain!

KTP says no to FID legal stock 10/22s and stock Mini 14s. Purchase in NH like Jill and I did for less money and no MA sales tax! KTPs loss was our gain!
My son bought a 10/22 at ktp on his fid last year. Wonder why that changed for you?

My son bought a ruger 10/22 a few years ago and I gave him 2 bricks of 22LR that were both marked $8.56 with a KTP sticker, I had bought them in the 1990's while either camping or going to dirt camp and canoe in Canada.
Back then .017 cents per round was ok by the brick I guess. You could pick up 5000 round cases at the gun shows for more like $45/5000 rounds the Russian Junoir ammo was closer to $30

Just left KTP. Gun selection was lightest I’ve seen. Ammo that was out today, Red Army 1k case off 9mm was $299.99. Red Army 640 case was $229.00 and Winchester white Box 100 rd value pack was $32.99. Some odds and ends in rifle caliber. 30 round Magpulls AR mags $17.99.

Last edited:
Over the last 3 to 5 years I have rarely found the reloading supplies stocked up. I'm up that way a few times a year and they never seem to have what I am looking for, so much so that I quit asking. In the past they tended have a fiarly good ammo selection however the prices were never that good. At this point in time most if not all major retailers are picked clean.

At one time years ago they had a salesperson working there who was outstanding. He must have kept the place up to speed. I guess when he left it went to crap.

I was at Shooter's Outpost on Thursday and they still had primers, powder and lots of guns and ammunition. There was no line downstairs and while they do have the deli ticket system, the wait was about 10 minutes and a little later we didn't need a ticket at all. I don't know how Jim is getting this stuff. When I walked in there was a guy going in ahead of me pushing a 2 wheeler full of ammo. Jim, you're an honorable guy for not gouging people when you have the chance.

I was at Shooter's Outpost on Thursday and they still had primers, powder and lots of guns and ammunition. There was no line downstairs and while they do have the deli ticket system, the wait was about 10 minutes and a little later we didn't need a ticket at all. I don't know how Jim is getting this stuff. When I walked in there was a guy going in ahead of me pushing a 2 wheeler full of ammo. Jim, you're an honorable guy for not gouging people when you have the chance.
Any limits on ammo?

Just left KTP. Gun selection was lightest I’ve seen. Ammo that was out today, Red Army 1k case off 9mm was $299.99. Red Army 640 case was $229.00 and Winchester white Box 100 rd value pack was $32.99. Some odds and ends in rifle caliber. 30 round Magpulls AR mags $17.99.

If you're willing to drive to Cabelas in Scarborough, 30 rounders were $5 cheaper

They even had small pistol primers? Limits? Price? Just curious.

I went to two places yesterday to buy pellets. Both places were sold out ! The clerks said pellets are flying off the shelf also ! WTF I need pellet rifle therapy too!!!😂🦌
i did find plenty of pellets at KTP. bought a can of heavy .22 ones i had been looking for

In Defense of KTP, I just have to say this about the Place........
The new ticket system is in place, so those who REALLY want to buy a gun, and can get service, instead of just the "Tire Kickers" who want to just paw through things they have no intention of purchasing, or can't own in their Home States. This also goes for the ones who have NO IDEA of the Federal or how THEIR State Laws work.
The ticket numbers run from 00-99 and they WILL call the number....Just be patient, as the Clerks are TRYING to give decent C S.
The System isn't perfect, BUT the people who work there ARE trying....
If ya haven't been to a Gun shop lately, the Primer, Brass, Powder, Ammo, and Firearm/ long gun,/ defensive shotgun shortage is EVERYWHERE...
Stop by there at 8:30AM every morning, and see them lining up like Seagulls in order to scavenge the ammo! It's like the Black Friday madness.
5 box limit on ammo... This includes if you bought 5 FULL CASES ( These are considered to be boxes ) or 5 50 round boxes.. Etc.. ... You can Mix or Match.... Just a heads up for those who wanna by Case lots...
The guys with the longer years of Longevity are the most experienced (they know the Computer System) and probably know what's actually available.
Available Powder and Components fluctuate on a Daily basis.
Remember, they ARE trying to ASSIST EVERYBODY who comes into the Gun Floor.

Last edited:
Every store has plus and minuses. As I found my P365 there, I like the place. With a condo in York, regularly stop at KTP. Sales and clearances are best. Awesome selection of gloves. If I have a critque, it's the same for all gun sellers, at least try and have a box of ammo, for each gun in stock!

Every store has plus and minuses. As I found my P365 there, I like the place. With a condo in York, regularly stop at KTP. Sales and clearances are best. Awesome selection of gloves. If I have a critque, it's the same for all gun sellers, at least try and have a box of ammo, for each gun in stock!
Lately, the Store has placed a little ammo away for those Customers who ARE making a Gun Purchase. The Clerks know about it, BUT will NOT just "give it away " without a Purchase. It's not much, but they DO TRY to have some, but they DO TRY to save some for Customers who are MAKING a PURCHASE. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom