• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery trading post

Kittery is hit or miss. Sometimes you find a great deal other times there is nothing. If you looking for used guns dont forget to look behind the trade counter. I have found pretty good deals as little as 20 min after they aquired them.
This^

is all I'm trying to say. It is never a guarantee that you'll find a deal.......but deals are available. And spending time looking through the racks at all the used ones is fun in itself.

Best selection of used guns in the area and they do a good job keeping their web postings current. They do a good job of emailing detailed pictures of firearms they have for sale. I blow by all the clothes and crap and head straight to the second floor.

I take delivery at their NH store. Buy at Kittery and do the paperwork then follow a clerk 3 miles to an abandoned rental car store front in NH to avoid the 5.5% sales tax, a pretty nice feature

Another deal at KTP tonight. I own a Mossberg 500 30 inch barrel fixed full choke. Been hitting 23-24 on average with a few perfect rounds under my belt on the trap range with it. Been searching around the web for the 28 inch barrel with accuchoke so I can start experimenting with modified improved or modified chokes to see if I can hit more perfect rounds. Average price I could fine was $190 form the big ones like midway usa and brownells. Used on ebay they were topping out at auction for about $160 PLUS SHIPPING. Well tonight I drove up and found a VERY gently used one (not a scratch on it).....exactly what I wanted.....28 inch accuchoke......WITH A BRILEY EXTENDED MODIFIED IMPROVED CHOKE ALREADY IN THE BARREL. Scooped it up......for $140! Just did some research and the choke tube alone is $50!!!! Yup some shit is overpriced but deals can be had.

Another deal at KTP tonight. I own a Mossberg 500 30 inch barrel fixed full choke. Been hitting 23-24 on average with a few perfect rounds under my belt on the trap range with it. Been searching around the web for the 28 inch barrel with accuchoke so I can start experimenting with modified improved or modified chokes to see if I can hit more perfect rounds. Average price I could fine was $190 form the big ones like midway usa and brownells. Used on ebay they were topping out at auction for about $160 PLUS SHIPPING. Well tonight I drove up and found a VERY gently used one (not a scratch on it).....exactly what I wanted.....28 inch accuchoke......WITH A BRILEY EXTENDED MODIFIED IMPROVED CHOKE ALREADY IN THE BARREL. Scooped it up......for $140! Just did some research and the choke tube alone is $50!!!! Yup some shit is overpriced but deals can be had.
I'd stick with your 30" barrell and full choke, the longer the better in trap.....

I'd stick with your 30" barrell and full choke, the longer the better in trap.....
Yeah but I want options to open the pattern up just a little and mess around with it. I "sit on em" a little from the 16 yard line to let the pattern open up and want to try getting on em faster.......figured mod or improved mod might help me out with that.

Yeah but I want options to open the pattern up just a little and mess around with it. I "sit on em" a little from the 16 yard line to let the pattern open up and want to try getting on em faster.......figured mod or improved mod might help me out with that.

You could try just being more accurate. [smile]

While true, I'm just joking. My best round of trap was a 23 and I only average 19 (actually, less now, my last two rounds were terrible). You are clearly a better trap shooter than I am.

One good thing about them is that if you buy a gun over maybe $350 or so they will transfer it to you at their new hampshire store, tax free, usually within half hour or so.

One good thing about them is that if you buy a gun over maybe $350 or so they will transfer it to you at their new hampshire store, tax free, usually within half hour or so.

That and they give you 30 days to return a used gun

A couple of years ago I picked up a Ruger No. 1 at KTP for a reasonable price. I later found out that it was one of a limited run in 300 H&H Magnum and worth more than three times what I paid. I'd call that a deal.

I shoot on one of my my club's trap teams, nobody on any of the teams has a barrel shorter than 30". That goes for the guys that I know on the other local teams too, everybody uses 30" to 34" barrels. Good luck and good shooting.....

Don't stress over barrel length, choke is more important.

If you want to see how a given choke performs, you need to pattern it, not just shoot it.

If you're comfortable with the gun, and it fits you, you'll do well.

It fits me well enough to hit 23 and 24 consistantl with the 30 inch fixed full on a bread and butter Mossberg. I actually love the gun. I even hit 23 on my first round of wobble trap with it. I am just thinking being able to switch to a mod or imp mod choke may put me scoring an occasional 25. We will see. Just happened to walk into KTP and found what I was looking for

Last edited:
I notice that KTP is specifying "NO USED HANDGUN SALES TO MASSACHUSETTS! " on some of their GB handgun listings even if the guns are on the EOPS list.

Question: Is this policy exclusive to their on-line GB listings? Or is this now retail store policy as well?

I notice that KTP is specifying "NO USED HANDGUN SALES TO MASSACHUSETTS! " on some of their GB handgun listings even if the guns are on the EOPS list.

Question: Is this policy exclusive to their on-line GB listings? Or is this now retail store policy as well?

last time I was at KTP (approx 6/2014) they told me no handgun sales to MA FFL's period. can't say i blame them our shit here makes no sense.

that being said, i've been told the same by Rileys and shooters outpost in hooksett NH.

It all depends on how often you go, just like any other place. I know plenty of people who have gotten deals that they have made out on, but they were also there at least once a week.

what are good gunshops in Maine? i'm up there all the time but still haven't found any.

last time I was at KTP (approx 6/2014) they told me no handgun sales to MA FFL's period. can't say i blame them our shit here makes no sense.

that being said, i've been told the same by Rileys and shooters outpost in hooksett NH.
Thanks for the info. [thumbsup] Saved me a trip up there.

Don't forget there's a Cabela's up there in Scarborough.

I use KTP and LLBean as a last minute stopping place to pick up something that maybe I've missed for hunting or fishing up in Maine. We travel there at least twice a year, sometime more. You can find local gun shops up there. Hell, I bought .44 mag ammo at a 7-11 once. It wasn't a bargain but it was there! KTP has seen all those 'outlet' stores spring up around them and they're just taking advantage of the uninformed crowd that shops in that kind of environment. I don't stop there anymore unless it's absolutely necessary. I'd link you to some shops in the 'area' but just do a Google search for "gun shops in York, County, Maine" and you'll find a few including Pac Arms in Sanford.

Rome

Rome

I spend a lot of time in Maine as I have a camp north of Bangor. I don't even bother going into most gun shops because so many will not even sell rifle or shotguns to MA. residents. Tried to buy a Mosin Rifle in a shop in Bangor and they refused.

Back
Top Bottom