• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kittery Trading Post Trip Report

USMA-82

NES Member
Stopped in yesterday during a trip to the in-laws. Here's what I saw:

- Bigger mob of people than I've ever seen in the firearms area
- Shelves of bullets about half empty
- The only black rifles were a couple of PTR's for ridiculous money
- I asked the clerk for a few reloading goodies: Got any primer reloading tubes? (No). Got any small rifle primers? (No). H335 powder? (No). How about a Lee universal decapper? (No).
- Milsurp rifles were few and far between.

The Obama surge continues.....

KTP

I have found KTP also always runs down their inventory at year-end and re-orders bigtime in the Spring. Someone said it might do w/business taxes in Maine (they are taxed as of the new year, including inventory). True or not, on top of the surge, they are always light this time of year...

One of my co-workers who has recently gotten his MA LTC-A was making a comment on how he is hearing that there is still massive buying going on in Florida ( he has family or other connections in FL). I told him that it was basically country-wide - but from what I understand places down south with less strict gun legislation are probably seeing it more than we are up here.

The panic is still on.

Good.

Hopefully it will continue for quite some time until the gun grabbers get the message.

I bought a new full size M&P 9mm last week at Bass Pro Shop here in Fort Myers, although I originally wanted one in .40 cal. The clerk told me that the .40 M&P's were almost non-existant, their distributors had none and didn't know when they would be getting any. Seems that model is in high demand down here. BPS was selling them as fast as they came in.

I just drove right by BPS in Fort Myers last Saturday on my way to the air port - unfortunately didn't have enough time to stop in and check it out. It looked like a pretty awesome place from the outside.

I was there yesterday around 5:00 or so.
Still a mob of people. Some of them not very happy it took 1 hour to be waited on at the counter.

Sucks, doesn't it? But it's good news, as far as I am concerned. Shows that people are reacting, paying attention, and getting active. I'd be more upset if things were business as usual. We might have a fighting chance if people are acting like this and decide to do something about it politically. Besides, it's good for the industry in the long run.

It's quickly becoming a big pita to venture to any gun shop atm.State Line Guns in Mason had a good amount of people in there.Thursday Rileys was packed enough for me to actually get frustrated trying to park because idiots can't seem to figure out where the lines are....This was 11am on a weekday!!??..Reading the shop reviews on some of the other popular stores in Mass it's the same.

If there was no panic buying I would gratefull to have so many people interested in firearms.

I too was at KTP yesterday afternoon buying ammo...won't make the mistake of going there on a Saturday afternoon again. It was a PITA parking, shopping, and then trying to take a left onto rte 1 north. Tuesday evening was much easier [smile]

I made it up to KTP after getting out of work early - I had a decent size giftcard to use up. 4:00 on a Friday I almost had the place to myself (glad I didn't wait until tomorrow which was plan B). The ammo shelves were a little bare but they did have 9mm AE 124 gr for $15 and Federal JHP 115gr for $20 - not great prices but at least they had some.

Poked around the shotgun racks for awhile but resisted (although they seemed to have several used guns on sale).

Back
Top Bottom