Kittery Trading Post Re-Opens Monday April 6th!!

The point is telling people lies or inaccurate info about the laws helps nobody.
I'm telling these people what shit they can get themselves into, if they buy a NON-Compliant Handgun or Non-Compliant Rifle AR AK etc..... and they INTENTIONALLY bring it back into their State just to Circumvent the State Law.... How is THAT giving "LIES and Inaccurate info" to people.... Frankly I don't give a shit, because the Burden of Proof is on the ones who would do it...
Now, with THAT, do YOU have other Proof of what I said is a LIE, or Inaccurate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bob, I am a Ma resident and own a year round house in Howland Me and also register my Atv there. I also have a Maine non resident permit to carry concealed handgun. I stay there 16-20 weeks. Question, can I purchase a handgun at KTP and leave it at that location?
Perfectly Legal..Bring in your Current Maine Property Tax Bill and we can sell you anything in the store. Be careful of those Evil Black Rifles that your AG has banned since 2016...as posted earlier, If you brought it back to Mass, you just may get into a twist with your AG's office... Maybe DR can tell you different though as he thinks I'm full of BS.......Since ME a Constitutional Carry State, you really don't need the Non-Res Permit anymore, except unless you wish to carry in other states that have Reciprocity with Maine. (that's why I still have my NH Pistol and Revolver License)
BTW, if you purchase a Mass Approved Handgun, you can legally take it between States as you wish....Then again the Powers that be here may think I'm FOS on this, but check with a Manager in the Store to see if I'm telling "lies or giving Inaccurate" info...

Drove through Hopedale today by the ballfield and pond. The place was packed with cars and people walking all over the place. No social distancing there. Plus not many masks either.

Off topic, but that's what annoys me about this "mask/bandana/cover your mouth and nose now" strong suggestion that came down yesterday. People are going to think they're invincible and start going more places again.
Bro, now you can go buy guns looking like this:

28c6fb17df0a6f25f531e2e6c4c9848c.jpg

And no one can say anything.

The point is telling people lies or inaccurate info about the laws helps nobody.

i get what you're saying but i wonder if class3 is stating store cya policy....policy that (wink wink) keeps retarded mass ag's off their ass?
once it leaves the store they have no control over where it goes and anyone smart enough (and lucky enough) to have such a wall hack available will realize that?

I'm telling these people what shit they can get themselves into, if they buy a NON-Compliant Handgun or Non-Compliant Rifle AR AK etc..... and they INTENTIONALLY bring it back into their State just to Circumvent the State Law.... How is THAT giving "LIES and Inaccurate info" to people.... Frankly I don't give a shit, because the Burden of Proof is on the ones who would do it...
Now, with THAT, do YOU have other Proof of what I said is a LIE, or Inaccurate?

That's not what you said at all. You made a pretty direct statement, shall I revisit it?

We have a NH FFL Transfer Station, but due to the ATF and a few other things ongoing, we can't do a LONG GUN transfer over to there for now... Handgun Transfers are for NH REsidents (OR THOSE who Own property, NOT JUST LAND. It HAS to have a dwelling on it. If you have THAT, you can buy anything you wish ... But you are required to store it at the address.

NONE of this (the highlighted portion) is reinforced or supported by either federal law or MGL. In some cases it may or may not
be legal to bring a specific type of firearm, or magazine, into state X or Y, but on its face, the statement you made is blatantly
false, as a generality.

The only reason I am a huge c*** about this is because this is the type of shit that starts "MA legal advice phantasms", which end up going viral and confusing the shit out of stuff that is already pretty confusing to begin with. Then we end up with people who are scared out of their mind to do things which are perfectly legal. When that f***ery happens, the antis
win.

-Mike

Oh well. Guess that stops my one reason for going there. No long gun transfers. Might as well buy the gun in NH.
They give you a gift card equal to the sales tax you'd save. They did that for me on my last 2 long gun purchases and I'm a mass resident.

So much for people staying home.
People are not staying home any damn way. They just are not going to work or school so what the f*** difference does it make?

I'm working 12 hours a day 6 days a week as I'm in a food manufacturing business deemed essential. 4am to 4pm......go home.....make dinner.....do dishes......take the dog and wife for a walk.....bed by 8pm rinse and repeat. I'd love a trip to ktp for something different and literally every damn person is going grocery shopping multiple times a week so what's the friggin difference? Until the .gov puts out an actual quarinteen and enforces it most Americans are going to do whatever the hell they want.

That's not what you said at all. You made a pretty direct statement, shall I revisit it?

NONE of this (the highlighted portion) is reinforced or supported by either federal law or MGL. In some cases it may or may not
be legal to bring a specific type of firearm, or magazine, into state X or Y, but on its face, the statement you made is blatantly
false, as a generality.

The only reason I am a huge c*** about this is because this is the type of shit that starts "MA legal advice phantasms", which end up going viral and confusing the shit out of stuff that is already pretty confusing to begin with. Then we end up with people who are scared out of their mind to do things which are perfectly legal. When that f***ery happens, the antis
win.

-Mike
Mike.
I’ve completed the process elsewhere. The shop was 100% aware of what I was doing. They stopped short on the extra capacity mag sale. It was obviously a threshold they didn’t want to cross.
I still got the non MAhole gun.

Mike.
I’ve completed the process elsewhere. The shop was 100% aware of what I was doing. They stopped short on the extra capacity mag sale. It was obviously a threshold they didn’t want to cross.
I still got the non MAhole gun.

Yup, they're in their rights to do that, even if its mind numbing. "We don't feel comfortable doing this" is fine, or "we have a
policy, that if you have MA residency at all you dont get this" etc, fine, whatever. I have no problems with businesses making
policies that suit their comfort level. Then its an issue of whether the customer can deal with those conditions or not.

That's a different ballgame from what I would call high grade legal fiction-yarn-writing stuff where someone gets told gems like

"we have to record your information when you buy ammo because its the law" (some dicks employee? etc) yeah maybe it was the law during the brady era before the clerk was born....

"I can't sell you that ruger mk whatever even though its on the roster, our distributor told us its illegal in MA" [rolleyes] (instead, for f***s sake, just tell me you are unsure of its legal status and don't feel comfortable selling it, instead of promoting someone elses
trash, jesus H... )

etc, etc, ad nauseam. You get the idea.

ETA: sorry for the thread derailment, to be perfectly clear none of this has anything to do with KTP. I'm done... [laugh]

-Mike

Yup, they're in their rights to do that, even if its mind numbing. "We don't feel comfortable doing this" is fine, or "we have a
policy, that if you have MA residency at all you dont get this" etc, fine, whatever. I have no problems with businesses making
policies that suit their comfort level. Then its an issue of whether the customer can deal with those conditions or not.

That's a different ballgame from what I would call high grade legal fiction-yarn-writing stuff where someone gets told gems like

"we have to record your information when you buy ammo because its the law" (some dicks employee? etc) yeah maybe it was the law during the brady era before the clerk was born....

"I can't sell you that ruger mk whatever even though its on the roster, our distributor told us its illegal in MA" [rolleyes] (instead, for f***s sake, just tell me you are unsure of its legal status and don't feel comfortable selling it, instead of promoting someone elses
trash, jesus H... )

etc, etc, ad nauseam. You get the idea.

-Mike
Frankly no. I don’t get it.
Shop takes the proper protection to make them comfortable. Some are tighter. Some are loose.
What’s the risk YOU are willing to take to feed YOUR family.
To me this does approach more than what are your RIGHTS.
KTP has much more to lose as does many other shops willing to sell to properly legal residents than you do.
I’m willing to jump thru an extra hoop to preserve that right. Do you have another state residence to pass thru such action? How hard are you willing to push it with them? It’s their FFL. Not yours.
I’m not laying down but I’m also not willing to f*** up that bridge!! If the shop don’t want to play then move on. Others will gladly play in Maura rules.

So much for people staying home.

Judging by highway traffic a shitload of people are still staying home. A handful of stores reopening because some tyrants foot isnt on top of them in a few days isn't going to change much. I am betting that if KTP reopens monday they will still likely have occupancy restrictions and other ongoing safeguards. I don't think this is going to be the usual KTP with toddlers flying around the bottom half of the store with their mom towing them around while they spit in all directions, etc.

Your local walmart is probably a bigger coronavirus vector point than all of the gun/outdoor shops in new england combined. Just go back to that video of the CA walmart with the lady touching the laptops... [laugh]

-Mike

Frankly no. I don’t get it.
Shop takes the proper protection to make them comfortable. Some are tighter. Some are loose.
What’s the risk YOU are willing to take to feed YOUR family.
To me this does approach more than what are your RIGHTS.
KTP has much more to lose as does many other shops willing to sell to properly legal residents than you do.
I’m willing to jump thru an extra hoop to preserve that right. Do you have another state residence to pass thru such action? How hard are you willing to push it with them? It’s their FFL. Not yours.
I’m not laying down but I’m also not willing to f*** up that bridge!! If the shop don’t want to play then move on. Others will gladly play in Maura rules.

Lol am I in the twilight zone? Did you not read my post? I already said I fully support any shops desire to make any business based decision they wish. Even if it's not rooted in law.

So what is it now, you're suggesting that shops should be able to lie to people in the interest of preserving their business? I hope
that's not the case. Either that or we're basically in agreement and you just didn't bother to read my post. Or I suck at trying to
explain something.

-Mike

Lol am I in the twilight zone? Did you not read my post? I already said I fully support any shops desire to make any business based decision they wish. Even if it's not rooted in law.

So what is it now, you're suggesting that shops should be able to lie to people in the interest of preserving their business? I hope
that's not the case. Either that or we're basically in agreement and you just didn't bother to read my post. Or I suck at trying to
explain something.

-Mike
Maybe I suck at reading and missed it?? Does that count?

You'd better stay out of NH gun shops then. About half that I've visited have someone on the staff who's clueless about either 1) an actual law or 2) firearms or ammo. (and that's "real LGS's" - not the big box kind).
Bro, now you can go buy guns looking like this:

View attachment 344888

And no one can say anything.
Cool! Now the bank can't stop us from going in like this, either! [smile]
Judging by highway traffic a shitload of people are still staying home. A handful of stores reopening because some tyrants foot isnt on top of them in a few days isn't going to change much. I am betting that if KTP reopens monday they will still likely have occupancy restrictions and other ongoing safeguards. I don't think this is going to be the usual KTP with toddlers flying around the bottom half of the store with their mom towing them around while they spit in all directions, etc.

Your local walmart is probably a bigger coronavirus vector point than all of the gun/outdoor shops in new england combined. Just go back to that video of the CA walmart with the lady touching the laptops... [laugh]

-Mike
Hooray! Shopping for grown ups and grown up toys without the interference!

Hi wish it stayed closed. The idiots up here need to learned a lesson about who they voted in, including KTP who supported her

I posted about the Store re-opening and others asked me questions and I did my best to answer them.....
Listen up Mike........This statement is directed to my comment and YOUR Rants pertaining to my comment..
If you have a NH or ME Residency Property Tax bill or NH/ME Registration that's all you'll need to buy a Handgun or long gun as a Resident, Do the paperwork on the handgun pick it up in the NH Transfer Station OR as a ME Resident, do the paperwork and go out the door...... Ok now.....so YOU and I are Crystal CLEAR on this......WHAT YOU DO WITH IT AFTER YOU TAKE POSSESSION OF IT IS YOUR BUSINESS..Your Peril.... OK ??....... Did THAT clear it up for you??? ....Ya get it now?
You don't have to be such a Dick about it ok? ...........This whole Thread, you've been arrogant with other Members too. I'm seeing this in other Threads as well. Do you hate what you do, or do you have this "I'm better than you" BS attitude.???
You've got nothing good to say anyhow..... been that way for a LONG TIME Mike.... (yeah I've lurked and read your rants, belittlement's to other NES Members , and BS for that long a time)....Better take a look at how you're addressing your Fellow NES Members.....
You're a Moderator, and I'm surprised the Admins have let you do this for so very long.....
If it's a Pissin Contest you have with me.......well then You won! ...

I do get it, but instead of just admitting what you posted was wrong (or that you meant to say something else) you've now pivoted to try to make it look like you actually said something else. This is a classic characteristic of people who get "caught" in a lie or taking a shortcut. It's the verbal equivalent of "I was cleaning my gun when it went off. " It's not a "rant"- the thrust of my response was two fold:

-Either A- maybe there was something in US code I didn't know about this (unlikely, but there are tons of people here that know more about the laws than I do)
-or more likely, B - that this statement was wholly inaccurate. And if that is the case letting that sit around, and some newb seeing it, and believing it to be true, does a huge disservice to others here. People have called me out when I f***ed something like that up- and you know what I've done? I've apologized and edited things to reflect reality. Especially when its a legal issue.

You know what, I don't care anymore- do whatever - tell whatever fairy tales about the law you want to try to make your job easier. Just save us the rant when you have to waste like a half hour of your time trying to unclog the faux-legal-goo from some new customers brain when they repeat it to you, caused by some other gun shop or some other guy on the internet.

BTW if you think I'm a dick, maybe I should convince Admin to let Scrivener back on the board. (every person thats been on this board long enough has had our asses handed to us by him, lmao). Actually that's being polite, more like we were eviscerated. [rofl]

I am genuinely sorry if I have offended or upset you by challenging a statement you made. It's my mistake that I naively thought that possibly I could ever stop this cycle of malaise from happening, in one small time/place. So I'm not going to bother
anymore. That said, it doesn't mean someone else won't say something.

Beyond that, good luck next week. all shops will need it despite record sales. This corona shit eventually
will hurt the industry because of the cascading economic effects (bunch of people losing their jobs = less people buying
guns, etc, in the long run. )

-Mike

BTW, if you purchase a Mass Approved Handgun, you can legally take it between States as you wish....Then again the Powers that be here may think I'm FOS on this, but check with a Manager in the Store to see if I'm telling "lies or giving Inaccurate" info...

Against my better judgment I'm going to jump in here.

As I understand it, the approved handgun roster is a list of handguns that are allowed to be sold in Massachusetts. It's not a list of legal handguns. Someone who has a handgun not on the roster is allowed to posses that handgun in Massachusetts. The effect of that roster is that as a Mass. resident (only) I can't purchase a gun not on the roster since it has to go through a Mass FFL. But if I've come into possession of a gun not on that roster it's not illegal for me to posses it in Massachusetts.

Again, as I understand this that roster was done under the consumer protection authority of the AG which covers what can be sold to consumers. Not what consumers can posses.

High capacity mags are a different story. They are illegal to posses in Massachusetts.

Standard capacity mags are perfectly legal to posses in MA if they are preban. The "high capacity" nonsense drives me up a wall.

Yes, my apologies for neglecting to mention pre-ban mags.

And good luck with your "standard capacity" argument in court. You'll need it.

The store will sell you ANY size Mag... It's your money.... you spend it that way you want. The exception is, we can't ship them ( Over 10 Rnd Magazines) to you.........In-Person... buy em up!...... I haven't seen any "Pre-Ban" mags in a LONG time..... WE do get em, and stick em out in the Used mag bin (down by the Trade Counter) kinda hit or miss.... and they're NOT
overpriced either.... Yep.that "High Capacity" word on your LTC i drives everybody crazy........ Hopefully, someday, THAT word won't be on any LTC you get from Mass. I'd LOVE to see the Older "License To Carry Firearms" placed back on it

Standard capacity mags are perfectly legal to posses in MA if they are preban. The "high capacity" nonsense drives me up a wall.
Good point. From now on we should call 10 round mags as "restricted capacity"

Back
Top Bottom