Kittery Trading Post Re-Opens Monday April 6th!!

Since I'm a NES Member and a Employee of the KTP Gun Dept, I wanted to help pass this Information onto our Forum Members. We will open up Monday April 6th for Gun Sales, Ammo Sales and all other aspects related to the Gun Floor. The FISHING Dept will ALSO be open for you Anglers.
We were deemed as a ESSENTIAL Good operation by the State of Maine.
Hope you might stop and introduce yourself to me.... My name is Bob been there about 14 yr P/T....Len2s Training knows me, and I'm on several other Gun Related Forums as well.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• Kittery Op.jpg
    Kittery Op.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
they do, you go to Maine store, buy there and they meet you in their NH transfer station over the bridge a few hours later. they did that a few years ago, I assume they still do

I assume that doesn't work to buy handguns if you are a NH resident. That's what I was getting at. Are they also a NH FFL?

I assume that doesn't work to buy handguns if you are a NH resident. That's what I was getting at. Are they also a NH FFL?
We have a NH FFL Transfer Station, but due to the ATF and a few other things ongoing, we can't do a LONG GUN transfer over to there for now... Handgun Transfers are for NH REsidents (OR THOSE who Own property, NOT JUST LAND. It HAS to have a dwelling on it. If you have THAT, you can buy anything you wish ... But you are required to store it at the address.

We have a NH FFL Transfer Station, but due to the ATF and a few other things ongoing, we can't do a LONG GUN transfer over to there for now...

I understand the deal with cross-border handgun sales to NH residents, but what would be the advantage to doing that with long guns ???
Would it save NH residents from paying Maine sales tax ???
I can't think of any other reason why anyone would want to pay for their long gun purchase in one place and then wait a few hours to pick it up somewhere else. Most people would prefer to pay and take immediate delivery right then and there.

I understand the deal with cross-border handgun sales to NH residents, but what would be the advantage to doing that with long guns ???
Would it save NH residents from paying Maine sales tax ???
I can't think of any other reason why anyone would want to pay for their long gun purchase in one place and then wait a few hours to pick it up somewhere else. Most people would prefer to pay and take immediate delivery right then and there.

Yes. If you take possession of it in Portsmouth as a NH resident you do not pay sales tax. The longest I've had to wait to pick up a firearm at the transfer station was 20 minutes and that was on a busy day. Worth it to save on sales tax on an expensive gun.

They have a nice, hard to find, used gun I've been wanting for sale right now. Decent price too.

Guess Ill be seeing you on Monday Bob. [rockon]

Question, I’m new to the gun rules. Can I purchase ammo in Maine being from Massachusetts?
Ammo -- good to go
Long rifles -- ok if you register them with MA within a few (i forget how many) days after the purchase
Handguns -- yes and no, you could buy one there, but it would have to be mailed to a MA dealer to be transferred to you.

We have a NH FFL Transfer Station, but due to the ATF and a few other things ongoing, we can't do a LONG GUN transfer over to there for now... Handgun Transfers are for NH REsidents (OR THOSE who Own property, NOT JUST LAND. It HAS to have a dwelling on it. If you have THAT, you can buy anything you wish ... But you are required to store it at the address.

Thanks. Good to know. Funny, I’ve bought long guns there before and been given the option to complete the sale in NH.

What is required for NH paperwork for people with second homes? Tax bill? Utility bill with address?

Janet doesn’t want me but she sure as hell wants my tax money.

Good Luck and congratulations on forcing her reversal on the closing.
I figured the closure of KTP would not last long. The place is a goldmine and Janet was losing out on her tax revenue. I think it was symbolic; make the gullible sheeple think she was actually doing something to protect them!

I notice on the KTP web site today that there's no longer an option to select Handguns for sale. Rifles, shotguns, and so on is still there, but the Handguns link seems to have disappeared.

Last edited:
Oh well. Guess that stops my one reason for going there. No long gun transfers. Might as well buy the gun in NH.

Since I'm a NES Member and a Employee of the KTP Gun Dept, I wanted to help pass this Information onto our Forum Members. We will open up Monday April 6th for Gun Sales, Ammo Sales and all other aspects related to the Gun Floor. The FISHING Dept will ALSO be open for you Anglers.
We were deemed as a ESSENTIAL Good operation by the State of Maine.
Hope you might stop and introduce yourself to me.... My name is Bob been there about 14 yr P/T....Len2s Training knows me, and I'm on several other Gun Related Forums as well.
Hope this helps!

Hey Bob. Always wondered this but haven't tried yet. Have an 07 FFL in MA and from time to time I stop in to peruse your used inventory. Will KTP do a FFL to FFL transfer in store? I figured they would if I ever find a choice used piece I need to pick up, but figure since this thread is going I'd ask in advance.

they do, you go to Maine store, buy there and they meet you in their NH transfer station over the bridge a few hours later. they did that a few years ago, I assume they still do

Or 15 minutes later, in many cases

Hey Bob. Always wondered this but haven't tried yet. Have an 07 FFL in MA and from time to time I stop in to peruse your used inventory. Will KTP do a FFL to FFL transfer in store? I figured they would if I ever find a choice used piece I need to pick up, but figure since this thread is going I'd ask in advance.
FFL to FFL is never a issue. ....... The store also sells to C&R holders, for C&R items ONLY....( Guns made 50+ yrs ago and older) E Mail your FFL to [email protected] or bring it with you, and we will keep it on File, should you want to make a purchase.

I notice on the KTP web site today that there's no longer an option to select Handguns for sale. Rifles, shotguns, and so on is still there, but the Handguns link seems to have disappeared.
They needed to disable it for now, it WILL be back up and running soon. We were selling guns off the shelves faster than we could get them sold online...

yup . you grab whatever they might have left and walk up to the cashier , show nothing , and pay for it . easy peasy .
Woody, I had to re-read your reply... YES, like you mentioned.......take all the ammo, Magazines ANY KIND of Magazine....and other stuff you want, and yes, walk up to the Cashier and cash out.. We have powders in the Warehouse, and we call that up and it's brought to the Cashier stations on the gun floor.......Exception is that Black Powder is picked up behind the store, at the Customer Service door.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom