Kittery Trading Post.....good and bad

If you like knives, go through their used knife bins. I picked up a mid-50's Case worth about $180 for $5 last year.

I've been going to ktp since years before the gun floor remodel, and for the life of me can't picture where any used knife bin is?

I've been going to ktp since years before the gun floor remodel, and for the life of me can't picture where any used knife bin is?

Go to where they have a fair selection of knives upstairs. If you go around to the side, they have a few knife bins inside the case. I think they have $5, $10 and $15 plastic containers. It's usually worth a dig through. Lots of junk, but occasionally you'll find something worth grabbing.

I like this place and always get something there. I will say that last time I was there the salesguy in shotguns tried to sell me a new gun. I cant even remember the brand but it was around $1400. I asked him about it and he had to look it up online and started telling me what the companies website had on it. It was only started about three years ago and he is talking up this gun he knew nothing about. He was like a used car salesman or something. I know its his job but me and the person I was with were like WTF is up with this guy. Other than that this place is fun.

The powder is kept down in a magazine outside of the building. it doesn't have any power and they keep a flashlight by the door so you can see what you are getting to bring up to the floor. Really used to suck in the winter if you couldn't find something right away.

I don't really like the new floor renovation, they have become to much like cabelas and lost the charm of the old creaky floors with guns jammed in there and not enough space for the product.

KTP. Was always a stop on summer camping trips. I walked out of there with great deals. Last time up was 2005 traded my S&W 1911 was SHOCKED at the turn in price only 200 less than I paid I was thinking lucky to get 50@! I purchased a mint Browning ultra trap gun with nice Americase hard case and 10 chokes. 1500.00!
I think a lot has changed. Back 20 plus years ago it was just a big family owned store. Now I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom