Kittery Trading Post and C&R FFL

would ya look at that. first time for everything I guess ;D

i stand corrected!

in typical NES fashion I should really argue your source and turn it into a discussion up for debate...which I will disagree with you on everything because you called me out with facts and legitimate sources...so...uhhh...yeah...

i thought for sure it had to be in that 20lb book they send you when you get your license to be eligible.

does this mean in 20 years we can buy AR's again!?!?!

yes there are a handful of transferable m16s C&R

A lot of people tend to forget this section:

Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

I bought a brand spanking new Ruger pistol with my C&R and had it shipped to my house. The first two dealers I tried refused because they apparently only read the first two sections, but the third guy understood that because the price was substantially higher due it being a Bill Ruger commemorative/NRA endowment pistol it did in fact qualify as a C&R.
It kind of takes the fun out of a C&R license if half the dealers in the world don't seem to understand what qualifies and what doesnt.

That Bill Ruger commemorative pistol is in the C&R book?

That Bill Ruger commemorative pistol is in the C&R book?

It requires a museum or owner to make a case to BATFE and if they agree it gets added. You can't just "self-declare" it as C&R. The process is documented somewhere in the BATFE Regs or Q&A (or perhaps at the beginning of the book with the Curios that have been approved). I remember seeing it but no idea where.

Each gun must be 50+ yrs old by S/N, not just the model.

I know. It's just strangely worded. If my replica is 50yo, it's good to go, too. Why mention it if it doesn't mean the other way around? Maybe even say the FRAME of the firearm was manufactured at least 50 years ago, or something like that.

I know, I know. Asking Congress to do it's job is just silly. LOL Sort of like when Kennedy/Kassenbaum made it a felony to move money out of your name in preparation for a nursing home stay. The look on Teddy's face when he discovered HIS law (not bill - LAW) would put old folks in jail was priceless.

I know. It's just strangely worded. If my replica is 50yo, it's good to go, too. Why mention it if it doesn't mean the other way around? Maybe even say the FRAME of the firearm was manufactured at least 50 years ago, or something like that.

I know, I know. Asking Congress to do it's job is just silly. LOL Sort of like when Kennedy/Kassenbaum made it a felony to move money out of your name in preparation for a nursing home stay. The look on Teddy's face when he discovered HIS law (not bill - LAW) would put old folks in jail was priceless.

I think it is supposed to mean that while an 1877 Colt Thunderer would be C&R, a modern made Uberti copy wouldn't - even though all REAL 1877's are C&R. This (I THINK) is to help with legitimate collectors of older guns, as opposed to shooters of guns that look old.

would ya look at that. first time for everything I guess ;D

i stand corrected!

in typical NES fashion I should really argue your source and turn it into a discussion up for debate...which I will disagree with you on everything because you called me out with facts and legitimate sources...so...uhhh...yeah...

i thought for sure it had to be in that 20lb book they send you when you get your license to be eligible.

does this mean in 20 years we can buy AR's again!?!?!
Actually, early AR15 are already C&R eligible. Colt SP-1 are already being transferred under C&R. http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/02/15/ar-15s-eligible-cr-ffl-transfers/

It requires a museum or owner to make a case to BATFE and if they agree it gets added. You can't just "self-declare" it as C&R. The process is documented somewhere in the BATFE Regs or Q&A (or perhaps at the beginning of the book with the Curios that have been approved). I remember seeing it but no idea where.

That was my point. I can't really imagine the Ruger commemorative MK?? being a curio. (i.e.: I suspect whoever sold one as a curio screwed up)

Lol, need to put you through the NES Concussion Protocol...how do you feel about cops shooting dogs?
Answer: Only ok if the dogs can shoot back

ETA:
Question 2: You are considering taking a female acquaintance shooting for the first time. What's the first question you should ask yourself?
Is she hot and does she f*ck?

Question 3: Multiple choice. Your co-worker tells you only trained government officials should own guns, quizzes you how your store your guns, and calls you a deranged gun nut. Should you:
A: Shit on his desk.
B: Throw his keys on the roof.
C: Bang his girlfriend/wife
D: All of the Above

Answer: D

Question 4: Name this thread:
Mugshot.jpg

Answer: Not a clue

I could keep going, but I'll stop... lol
Answers in bold. 3/4 should be a pass....right?

Back
Top Bottom