• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kimbers

As a whole... MIM parts, swartz firing pin safety (not on old Series 1's and some new models like the SIS series), carbon steel BBL's, hit or miss QC, and extractors that sometimes need some tweeking out of the box.

As a whole... MIM parts, swartz firing pin safety (not on old Series 1's and some new models like the SIS series), carbon steel BBL's, hit or miss QC, and extractors that sometimes need some tweeking out of the box.

"May The Swartz Be With You"

yogurtDoll.jpg

I have a compact stainless, and love it. almost to tight when I got it, but now a favorite. I emailed Kimber once to see if they would ever stoop to Mass. compliancy and never heard back.

Last edited:
I have a Kimber Elite Carry... love it. Kimber customer service is top notch.

I have 2 Kimbers and one of which is an CDP UltraII. The new ones have an internal extractor and I have put 700 through it before I started to carry it and had no problems.I have a custom target also and the only problems I had with that was my own reloading issues not going into full battery.My inexperience at first with reloading caused a few not tapperd correctly,other than that she has seen probably 5000 rounds of mine and I purchased it from another member so I cant say how many they put through it

I actually just got a reply from them today re: Mass compliancy, ever going to happen? She very politely replied, "no way, it's just not worth the hoops they make manufacturers jump through!" For you guys in Mass, where or how did you get them? Were they compliant at one time? Sorry if I sound dumb or ignorant, I've been looking for one for a long time.

They are decent guns if you get a good one. I had one from 1997, excellent gun. (I think mine was a classic custom target). The only one I have left is a 2004 anniv edition, decent gun, but was made a LOT better by Greg Derr.

-Mike

You can get them via private sale. They're out there... you just have to be patient and keep your feelers out there. A Kimber or two come through NES' classified section every so often as well.

It's hardly the crisis Kimber makes the process out to be. Moreover, it could get a number of its products approved under the Target Roster process.

Kimber simply doesn't think MA shooters are worth its time and attention.

Keep your eyes open. Mine was purchased by a gun shop from an estate sale, and I stumbled upon it. The gun was in state prior to the Oct 98 weapons ban laws, and unfired. I've seen them in the forum from time to time as well. Unfortunately depending on the model, people want top dollar, so decide what you want and what your limits are.

They are nice guns and I love mine, but don't sell your soul. One will come along.

I have three and can't find anything bad to say about them /QUOTE]

How about the fact that Kimber turned its back on MA?

It could easily place some of its models on the Target Roster.
As an un-educated schmuck from CT I had no idea..... I know what I have to do to travel to and compete in MA, but the many laws evade most of us in CT. Not living there is probably only a minute excuse.
Tank

Back
Top Bottom