• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kimber SM II

Producer

NES Member
A friend of mine just moved from out of state to Boston about five months ago. He got his LTC with restrictions. He put all of his firearms on FA-10's.

He lost interest in competitive shooting. Now he got a great offer to sell his Kimber for more then its worth, which is less then a year old. But he has fears of selling this to someone in MA that he hardly knows.

I know this has been asked over and over again, and a search does confirm this, but I ask one more time... Filling out an FA-10 has him completely covered legally? His fears are someone inquiring how this got into MA and somehow getting back to him.

There's no problem. There's nothing illegal about owning or privately selling that firearm in MA as long as buyer and seller both have an LTC. He didn't even need to file FA-10's when he moved into the state. FA-10's are only for firearms that are transfered, not for firearms that you already own when you move into the state.

There's no problem. There's nothing illegal about owning or privately selling that firearm in MA as long as buyer and seller both have an LTC. He didn't even need to file FA-10's when he moved into the state. FA-10's are only for firearms that are transfered, not for firearms that you already own when you move into the state.

UNLESS he brought the guns in AFTER he got his LTC.

At any rate, there is nothing stopping him from selling his Kimber to anyone with money and an LTC. He just needs to file the FA-10 for the sale.

Back
Top Bottom