• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kids of yesteryear had the best toys!

One of my favorite Christmas gifts in 1977 was the Remco "System 7", which was based in concept on the Johnny Seven. It had a built in periscope, parachute launcher, decoder, and quite a bit more. All features were activated with a super secret key ring that had a 7 on it that fit into locks on the rifle. I think every kid who got one of these lost the special key within a week! I've got one packed away, but it's missing some of the accessories, as most are.

System 7.jpg

If you had the original one you could stuff a wine cork in the muzzle --- instant projo, or better yet stuff the muzzle with mud --- whole new meaning to scatter gun. Daisy smartened up, I wore the first one out and the 2nd one had a plugged barrel ---- Mo Rah must've been politically active early

Toys from The 60s and 70s were made to weed out the weak and dumb. Give a kid a chemistry set with some radioactive material, if he eats it and dies, well that was Darwin. Jarts, another perfect example. Pellet, BB and 22 rifles as well. Now it’s just playing video games on line. Another reason I never allowed them in my home.

Never dawned on us while playing lawn darts that we could get hit. Why? Cuz in 1982 we weren't staring at smartphones!

We played with regular darts out on the lawn. One kid would throw darts as high as they could, another would use a dart board to catch them on their way down. The danger of it was ridiculously obvious.
Good times!

Toys from The 60s and 70s were made to weed out the weak and dumb. Give a kid a chemistry set with some radioactive material, if he eats it and dies, well that was Darwin. Jarts, another perfect example. Pellet, BB and 22 rifles as well. Now it’s just playing video games on line. Another reason I never allowed them in my home.
I had one of those giant tri-fold chemistry sets. I burned all the magnesium ribbon in the set pretty early on. It was tough to get lit, but then it was fun. Copper plated a nail, too.

I had one of those giant tri-fold chemistry sets. I burned all the magnesium ribbon in the set pretty early on. It was tough to get lit, but then it was fun. Copper plated a nail, too.
I had one as well. Found it my parents basement when they passed. Although this time I could not convince my little brother to taste any of the powder.

Meh.

You can buy this right now on Amazon. Toy guns have always been solid sellers and always will be.

I love how toy guns are way more useful than real guns. Example: it holds two mags.

I get it, in a real gun it might make it too heavy, but that just means you are weak and don't deserve it.

I love how toy guns are way more useful than real guns. Example: it holds two mags.

I get it, in a real gun it might make it too heavy, but that just means you are weak and don't deserve it.

dood. Watch the video! It holds THREE mags!!!!

My favorite growing up:

image.jpg

One of my favorite Christmas gifts in 1977 was the Remco "System 7", which was based in concept on the Johnny Seven. It had a built in periscope, parachute launcher, decoder, and quite a bit more. All features were activated with a super secret key ring that had a 7 on it that fit into locks on the rifle. I think every kid who got one of these lost the special key within a week! I've got one packed away, but it's missing some of the accessories, as most are.

View attachment 714903
I forgot all about that! I had one also. That memory had been gathering dust for 45 years.

Back
Top Bottom