Kid fingers trigger, cop shot!

Last edited:
I'm not that up to speed on duty gear but. isn't that gap always going to be an issue with a weapon mounted light? Seems like only small finger would fit though.

Also Ochmude, Is that H&K P2000 also DAO?

Yes I believe it would be an issue regardless. I'm no engineer, but unless you designed the light to be thinner than the firearm, there is going to be a gap. Blackhawk seems to have tried with the xiphos light, but it's a really terrible light and an equally terrible holster (it's only compatible with the xiphos serpa holster). The P2000 has the LEM trigger, not truly a DAO mechanism.

Dual issues of the holster and poor situational awareness.

If I was planning on being surrounded by children I didn't know while OCing, I'd also highly consider not running with one in the pipe since my sidearm does not have a safety.

I think it's safe to say he'll be more aware of all those things in the future.

Dual issues of the holster and poor situational awareness.

If I was planning on being surrounded by children I didn't know while OCing, I'd also highly consider not running with one in the pipe since my sidearm does not have a safety.

I think it's safe to say he'll be more aware of all those things in the future.

Uh Oh, Gaston's Posse is gonna be along soon to slap your peepee and not in the good way.

The sad part is, this whole situation was caused by one thing: children not being taught gun safety at the same time they learned not to run around the house with a steak knife or not put their hand on a stove.

The sad part is, this whole situation was caused by one thing: children not being taught gun safety at the same time they learned not to run around the house with a steak knife or not put their hand on a stove.

I'm also pretty sure the child comes from a home that the parents pee themselves if they see someone carrying one that doesn't have the word security or police on their clothes! I do wonder though how this really happened, was he there trying to bring back the roll of an officer friendly and children were all around him giving him hugs, I still can't see how a grown man could let a child get that close and put his finger in a little hole!

Charles.

Nope - they are looking into the kid's "intent" to see if they can blame the kid:

From the article: “Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.”

I caught onto that too. Oh I am sure the kid was trying to disarm the officer and hold everyone hostage when his finger slipped [rolleyes]

8yr old kid, guy in there with all kinds of fun toys. what do you think is going to happen. Kid most likely has never even seen a gun before.

We need more gun laws to prevent this kind of heinous attack by school children, you know, for the poor, defenseless cops, who are clearly so responsible that they are the only ones in society that can be trusted with guns.

Back
Top Bottom