• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kid fingers trigger, cop shot!

Wow! He had to have a flashlight on his his gun and so that left the trigger exposed????? Talk about bad judgement.
Seems they may be more concerned with "tactical" than safe.

Wow! He had to have a flashlight on his his gun and so that left the trigger exposed????? Talk about bad judgement.
Seems they may be more concerned with "tactical" than safe.

Well, obviously reading events with 3rd graders are very dangerous. Next time bring backup in addition to the gun and flashlight. Perhaps a K9 unit for good measure.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, a Glock .35! Not sure if it was accidental or unintentional... good thing this was not in North Attleboro. Are all of the dogs safe? But the light was so tacticool. Cop should have been more aware of his surroundings. Massachusetts trigger for you. Lucky...
White Feather

at least the cop being interviewed didn't blame a malfunction.

Nope - they are looking into the kid's "intent" to see if they can blame the kid:

From the article: “Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.”

do they not have some form of retention? how was the trigger exposed?

whose bright idea was it to buy THAT specific gear? herping until they derp.

Nope - they are looking into the kid's "intent" to see if they can blame the kid:

From the article: “Hopefully, speaking to the child and the child’s parents to find out how they were able to get access to the officer’s gun, what the child’s intent may have been—we don’t know if it was accidental or unintentional.”

More so they can charge the parents with some trumped up charge for not being in control of their child. LOL

A. Who was the adult here? Who was the only one professional enough here?
B. I sure hope they're able to determine if it was an accident or unintentional. [rolleyes]
C. How did he gain access to the gun? Answer: The owner of the gun obviously did not maintain control of it, allowing a small child to check "Office Pop" off his bucket list. The owner sounds unsuitable to me.

they don't make holsters that cover the trigger when your gun has a tacticool flashlight on it? This cop's an *******.

LODI (CBS13) — A Lodi Police SWAT officer had a Glock .35 with a flashlight in his thigh holster at a children’s reading event when a boy managed to pull the trigger and shoot the officer.

What's a Glock .35? Is it a necked down .45 GAP but even lamer?

I remember him saying that you can wedge a finger in between the holster and trigger guard, it's odd. Safariland? I think the thread was a few months ago.

this was the same holster as that incident? ouch, time for departments to switch, or for people to amp up their situational awareness. no one should be touching your gun but you.

I remember him saying that you can wedge a finger in between the holster and trigger guard, it's odd. Safariland? I think the thread was a few months ago.

Yeah. I'm uploading some pics I just took to illustrate the issue more clearly.

Nice! So much for gun free schools huh!

Charles.

You forgot to mention that we're Nazis [wink].

So this is the top view of a Safariland 6360. As you can see, there's a large channel to allow the light to fit inside the holster. It's the area that ends in a circular cap on the right side of the holster from this perspective.
u8wd.jpg

From this angle, you can see the gaps that exist on either side of the light. This is because the light is wider than the firearm itself (specifically the trigger guard), and the channel needs to be wide enough to allow the light and trigger guard to both fit.
52tx.jpg

Here my gun is fully seated inside the holster. Note the gaps are now around the trigger guard.
i1yx.jpg

As you can see, I can pretty easily fit my pinky inside the trigger guard. You can't see the hammer in the photo, but I am able to pull the trigger with minimal effort. A child would be able to do so even more easily with smaller fingers, I'd imagine.
qtyc.jpg

Now, here is the exact same model of holster, but without the light-bearing feature. Note that there is no extra room to accommodate a light.
dnux.jpg

Without the extra space for the light, the gaps around the trigger guard are almost non-existent.
h0vi.jpg

There are two solutions to this problem. One is to blame the equipment for being faulty and prohibit it's use. The other is to blame the officer for not noticing that someone was finger-f***ing his holster, and stress the importance of maintaining better awareness, with disciplinary reaction resulting from a failure to maintain that needed awareness.

Yeah. I'm uploading some pics I just took to illustrate the issue more clearly.

You forgot to mention that we're Nazis [wink].

Ah nice so you have actually pinpointed the problem, now if you would all just step up to the guillotine and it would be all over in just a few moments! You know it's for the dogs and the rest of the WWII veterans that are still alive!

I also love the fact at how the taxpayers have to pay for not only the ammo but now also the treatment, since this will be considered a thuggery related incident and the taxpayers will also have to pay for that!

Charles.

There are two solutions to this problem. One is to blame the equipment for being faulty and prohibit it's use. The other is to blame the officer for not noticing that someone was finger-f***ing his holster, and stress the importance of maintaining better awareness, with disciplinary reaction resulting from a failure to maintain that needed awareness.

I'm not that up to speed on duty gear but. isn't that gap always going to be an issue with a weapon mounted light? Seems like only small finger would fit though.

Also Ochmude, Is that H&K P2000 also DAO?

Back
Top Bottom