Khyber Training Group 2006 Training Schedule (to date)

I was prompted following my introduction to post our upcoming training schedule for 2006, the one below reflects what it is to date and we anticipate several more school to come on line before Jan 01.

For further details (dates, locations, prices and required equipment) please see our website www.khybertraining.com

Thanks

February 2006
01-05, Executive Protection Training seminar, Milan Italy

March 2006
23-24, Diminished Light Tactics, Maynard Police Dept. Maynard MA
25, Tactical Handgun Workshop, Harvard MA

May 2006
15-19, Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Program (NRA LEAD), Reno NV

July 2006
12-13, High Risk Vehicle Tactics, Maynard Police Dept. Maynard MA
15, Concealed Carry Workshop, Harvard MA

September 2006
21-22, Dynamic Crisis Rescues (Active shooter), Maynard Police Dept, Maynard MA
23, High Performance Handgun Workshop, Harvard MA
28-29, Concealed Carry Tactics, Firearms Academy of Seattle, Seattle WA

October 2006
19-20, High Performance Handgun/Shotgun, Maynard Police Dept. Maynard MA
21, Team & Individual Tactics Workshop, Harvard MA

November 2006
09-10, Diminished Light Tactics, Firearms Academy of Seattle, Seattle WA
18-19, High Performance Handgun/Shotgun, Shooters Edge, Los Angeles CA

Wes,

In case any of these are restricted to LE/Mil only please identify them as such?

For instance, are the Maynard PD courses strictly for Maynard PD, open to the public, open to other LEOs?

It is also OK to post prices here. [NOTE for Readers: Prices are on his website, and they appear quite reasonable (less than you might expect [wink] )].

Wes,

These look like some good courses, thanks for posting the information here. I'd definitely be interested in a couple if I can make it.

Lens,

What are the restrictions for a non-resident taking courses in MA? I know what I need to do as far as matches, but I have a feeling training is handled differently. If you want me to ask this over in gun-laws let me know.

Thanks,
CD

Briefly, there is NO exemption for NRs without a MA NR LTC that allows them to bring handguns into MA for a course!!

ONLY attending gun shows and competitions are exempt from the above handgun requirement. Rules are different for long guns.

What they did for the training held at Tyngsboro was arrange with the instructor to provide a little friendly "competition" during the course and provide out-of-state participants with documentation that specified that it was a "competition". [No prizes are required, so all that the winners got were bragging rights.]

So, as a hint to Wes, he could do the same things for non-LEOs coming into MA and the problem goes away.

Exemption

Len is absolutely accurate, however, there is one more detail ...

The exemption only applies to individuals who are licensed to carry firearms (in the MA sense of the word) by a state, district, or territory which does not issue licenses to drug users or felons (and further states that having LEO credentials in another state, district or territory is the same as being licensed). Although many people have tendancy to declare that being from a state which does not require a license is the same as having a license, the is not what the law states or means.

I have seen the "competiton" procedure used before - I would recommend keeping scoresheets until everyone is safetly home.

Oops!

Yes the Maynard PD classes are restricted, but thats it. As for out of state folks, I routinely have folks from CT, NY, PA, NH and even as far away as FL in the New England based courses.

I am waiting on confirmation of a few more schools and when they are ready I will post them as well.

Thanks

WesD said:
Oops!

Yes the Maynard PD classes are restricted, but thats it.

Wes, "restricted" in which way?

- Maynard PD only?

- LE (from anywhere) only?

Side Note: Is Lt. Al Whitney still at Maynard PD?

LenS said:
Side Note: Is Lt. Al Whitney still at Maynard PD?

That name sounds familiar, Len... I think I talked to him back in August when I was programming the 911 calling at our PBX in the old Mill (now called Clock Tower Place).

Ross

dwarven1 said:
the old Mill
On ans aside: Are you a previous DEC employee? I haven't heard the Old Mill mentioned in years. My father worked for DEC out of NJ & MA.

WesD,

Thanks for the clarification on the course restrictions.

CD

cdkayak said:
dwarven1 said:
the old Mill
On ans aside: Are you a previous DEC employee? I haven't heard the Old Mill mentioned in years. My father worked for DEC out of NJ & MA.

No, I work for a company that provides voice and data services to tenants in Clock Tower. We have a Nortel Opt 81 and a DSLAM located in building 4.

I'm an old Millrat! Worked for DEC from 1980 to 1993, all but 1+ year in the Mill. My Wife worked for DEC from 1983 to 1998, she was in numerous facilities from Acton, Concord, Stow, Marlboro and Maynard.

Al Whitney is a good guy, rather interested in computers. I initially met him and his Father (retired PO) at a LE seminar given by now retired Chief Ruben Greenberg (Charlestown SC) at BU. Al is also a fellow member of the now defunct Police Square Club. I would occasionally stop by Maynard PD and shoot the breeze with him when I was at DEC.

LenS said:
I'm an old Millrat! Worked for DEC from 1980 to 1993, all but 1+ year in the Mill. My Wife worked for DEC from 1983 to 1998, she was in numerous facilities from Acton, Concord, Stow, Marlboro and Maynard.

I thought I remembered reading you had worked there in the past. I think my father worked out of Marlboro most of the time. He was an Accont Manager on the ATT account for years, I think he moved on to KPMG & Lucent later on.

"restricted" means open enrollment, but limited to active and reserve peace officers only. Generally, when we have a closed enrollment school, such as the Boston PD events, I won't even advertise them.

As for Maynard PD they only want peace officers (regardless of jurisdiction) in there programs.

These classes and alterations get shot out on the web on an email based newsletter we put out, if your interested shoot me a private message with your email address and I'll see that your added.

Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom