Key chain Flashlight suggestions wanted

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My Streamlight Nano was pretty good, lasted 3-4 years maybe. The twisting on/off of the barrel has gotten so loose, added teflon tape, but now it's done. Looking for a new one.
I've had good luck with the squeeze button type in the past as well, small and work well.
Anyone have the type that is actually shaped like a key?
Suggestions?
TY

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think the OLight L1R is in the lead right now.
I have another Fenix and I'm mad at it because of all the programming can't turn the damn thing on or off.
The older nightcore has good reviews, new one not so much.

looking at all these:

dlarge

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I bought a couple of those on sale. Really bright for the size.

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.5%
39   1   0
My choice isn't strictly a "key chain flashlight" but it's pretty much my 'go to' for small body lights. The Olight S1R Baton II. It does have the spot on the base where you can run a lanyard through and attach it to a key chain (if you really want to, which I don't). The clip is easy to secure to the bill of a cap too, turning it into a head light as well. More than bright enough and side button on/off/leveling.

The current generation of recharging lights from Olight are much better (for the recharging aspect) than the older generation I had bought. Luckily, there are also options for recharging those old lights when the old charge bases (not on the lights) don't work right.

Also, IME, whenever I need a light (such as when trying to unlock a door) having the light on the key chain makes things more difficult. I'm better off having them in different hands. The S1R Baton II is also only 2.5" long, so it doesn't take up much space. Easy to clip to your pants pocket too. Right next to your knife (or the other pocket so you don't get them mixed up ;)).

I don't remove my keys except to unlock the door to the house. No need to remove from my pocket to get into the truck.

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

I bought 4 of these when they were on sale for 5.00 . They are amazing. Half twist and it gives you a moonlight beam that is awesome for reading menus and moving around in the night without disturbing others. Full twist and you will light up the room! the awesome part is charging it using regular micro usb that a lot of phones use.
Really light and several color options. I would not hesitate to pay full price on these.

dlarge

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I bought 4 of these when they were on sale for 5.00 . They are amazing. Half twist and it gives you a moonlight beam that is awesome for reading menus and moving around in the night without disturbing others. Full twist and you will light up the room! the awesome part is charging it using regular micro usb that a lot of phones use.
Really light and several color options. I would not hesitate to pay full price on these.
I personally would rather they had a battery so I could just carry an extra CR123A around, but otherwise fully agree.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
pulled the trigger.
Went with the Olight ir2 after all the great reviews here and everywhere.
I was hesitant because after a few years my old "twist on" Streamlight bagged out.
Maybe have better luck with the Olight, or maybe I should stop using the keychain light so much and get other really real flashlights....

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that Steamlight Nano. Size is awesome for a non-intrusive keychain light, but the actual light lumens and candella aren't great. Eventually, I lost the head of the light. Must have slowly backed off the threading.

I have since upgraded to a slightly larger, but still very keychain-friendly RovyVon 550 Lumen Cree XP-G3 light. Has a switch that works like most weapon lights. Hold for momentary, press once for "on". Also has a strobe function. Light is very bright for such a tiny light. USB charging with full charge indicator and about 45 min run time on full brightness. I'm super happy with the performance and functions, but can't speak to ruggedness quite yet. $20. on Amazon.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
don't click link for the flash light, software blocked a Trojan

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don't click link for the flash light, software blocked a Trojan
The link does do a weird affiliate link redirect from Sharesale-Analytics.com, but I'm fairly certain it is a traffic counter only. If this were a monetized link, the person or forum putting it up gets a slice of any resulting orders, but I don't think that's the case here. The underlying URL is just Olight.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm happy with my Fenix E15. It's smaller than my car key fob, but on max brightness it's got good range. Use the lower settings if you're working on something close.

View: https://smile.amazon.com/E15-version-Flashlight-EdisonBright-Lithium/dp/B01822GD58/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Fenix+e15&qid=1599756871&sr=8-3
Fenix's newest is this I think:

There's a 40% discount code in the Members area somewhere.

It's AA, so less power than the E15 which is about the same size.

sgeary

NES Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0

I second this. Mine has held up really well.

Chris

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Just east of Zone 9, but in Worcester County.
I have one of these attached to all my packs. They are perfect when you need light to find something - like a larger light. (^_^) I use an earlier version on my keychain, but it's not nearly as well made. This third generation is the best. The Ti versions are nearly indestructible, but a bit more $$. Battery life is really exceptional. I've used my keychain one lots and it is still running the original set.

1599833652223.png

Order directly here.

roccoracer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I bought my wife one of these. It was so good I bought another for myself.

In God We Trust

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
View: https://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-Keychain-Light-Pocket-Flashlight/dp/B00XRHPOLS

I like these a lot,Very bright and rechargeable
Bought Streamlight Nano’s before and didn’t last and u have to buy batteries, rechargeable only for me
don’t mean to be rude, brother but I had to of those and they both died within a couple weeks or a month. They were great when they worked.

I have had this one for about 3 years now and it’s still going strong. Still hold a great charge and I use it frequently

96556175-0783-416D-8A78-3580C8C21168.png

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have had a Nitecore TIP for a few years, it has been awesome, fits in pocket easily and bright. The new version looks like the TIP SE. Looks good as well. The size is just right IMO.

1600622903664.png

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
don’t mean to be rude, brother but I had to of those and they both died within a couple weeks or a month. They were great when they worked.

I have had this one for about 3 years now and it’s still going strong. Still hold a great charge and I use it frequently

View attachment 391757
After reading enjoy it earlier in this thread, I got this one. So far so good. And it's tiny.

Top Bottom