• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kershaw Emerson

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
Well very excited to get one. I preordered one and got jealous when I saw a different vendor with them today so ordered another one of the Kershaw Emerson colaberations.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the 4k and the 2k
http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives?search=emerson

Awesome. I love the wave, and the wide eyed stares it gets me from gun people who have never seen one deployed. Completely changes your assessment of the 21' rule, and brings to light that there is more than one way to fight, especially up close. I have a bunch of Emersons but I'll have to give these a go to see how they hold up.

My combat karambit may be the most versatile fighting knife I have. Its design lends itself really well to techniques that are based on and very similar to open handed fighting.

Imagine doing a forearm block against a stick swing and then wrapping your arm around the weapon and the opponents arm, pulling away,disarming them. Now imagine holding a karambit weak handed, that is finger through the hole and blade down and away from the body, and doing this same motion. Yeah. You'll disarm your opponent. That is, you'll surgically remove your attacker's arm.

If you carry you should absolutely add one of these to your EDC. Probably a good idea to get a trainer too. Also, use a crappy pair of pants to practice with. If you practice with your nice pants you'll wear holes right where the pocket clip grabs. Try to get a smooth, quiet draw that ends with the tip pointing away from you, but hand close to the body, and try and have your grip cemented by the time you get to this ready position. Takes a lot of practice, hopefully with a trainer so you don't lose a toe.

I got mine in the mail last week as well, great little knife for the money. it is also the only way i'll have an emerson. I am use to my Spyderco with the wave feature, it is much larger than the one on the "emerson" so this new one takes a bit getting use to.

This is my first knife with the wave and I love love love it! I may get a few more of these and the Spyderco endura with the wave because I just love Spyderco.

Resurrecting: just pulled the trigger on one of the 6Ks after reading and watching a bunch of glowing reviews, I need another knife like I need another hole in the head but for under $30 shipped I couldn't pass it up. Curious to see how it compares to my CQC7.

I just got it today, first thoughts: exactly the same size as my CQC7B, but noticeable heavier. Opening was stiff but smooth, better now with some S&W Gun Oil in the pivot area. The wave feature is cool, I like it better than I thought I would. The thumb disk is too smooth, I like the more aggressive knurled surface on my CQC7.

I have a CQC6 and its a great knife. Sharp as a razor and easy to maintain that edge. Well balanced and solidly built. The only problem is that it is my only Kershaw and sometimes I forget that and pull it out and it surprises me that it is deployed. The other problem is that it will not flip open lightning fast, with ease using the thumb disc like my Spyderco or Ontario folders flip open using the Spydy hole or thumb studs. Its not easy or fun to deploy with a thumb.

Ditto here, I compared the thumb disks on the CQC6K and my Emerson CQC7B and they look to be the same dimensions: ordered a properly knurled disk from Emerson last night (about $8.50, shipped). Will report on whether this works. Otherwise, I dig it. Not in love, but for 28 bucks shipped I can't complain: I have a Benchmade-produced HK-branded folder that I paid more for and which is a half-assed POS by comparison.

The Emerson disk works pefectly witht the screw that came with the Kershaw, much more positive purchse on the disk when opening now!

Back
Top Bottom