• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kentucky 14-year-old girl fires gun to save sisters from intruder

mikeyp

NES Member
This was from a few days ago, just saw it. Brave girl, glad she was able to defend herself and her sisters. Here the kids would be in DCF custody and the father stripped of his guns. Maybe arrested for storage violations or something.

14-Year-Old Girl Opens Fire On Home Invaders To Protect Her Sisters - Blue Lives Matter

A 14-year-old Kentucky girl fired a 9mm handgun at two suspects who were trying to force their way into her home.

Blaine, KY – A 14-year-old girl successfully defended herself and her sisters by shooting at an intruder who was attempting to break into their home.

The incident occurred on Aug 4, while the teens’ father was at work and their mother was at the store, WSAZ reported.

As the three girls were alone inside the home, a white sedan pulled up outside.

One occupant got out of the car, and repeatedly attempted to kick down the doors of the house to get inside.

The girls immediately called police.

Meanwhile, one of the men made his way into the backyard armed with a shovel, and prepared to bust out a window.

Just then, he and the driver of the sedan began arguing, WSAZ reported.

The youngest of the three girls used seized the opportunity to retrieve and load a 9mm handgun that was inside the residence.

She then fired the weapon towards them, breaking up the argument and sending both suspects fleeing.
“She peeked her head out the door [and] fired a shot in their direction,” Lawrence County Constable Daniel Castle told WSAZ. “I think she did take some necessary steps to protect herself, although she may have…could have done it a little bit better, considering that she’s 14 years old, she did a good job.”

The suspects fled the scene just prior to Constable Castle and Lawrence County Sheriff’s Deputy Cory Cook’s arrival.

Despite hours of searching, investigators were unable to locate them.

“I encourage everyone that can legally carry a firearm, to carry a firearm to protect themselves and their families just in case the need arises,” Constable Castle told WSAZ.

Kentucky Strong.....castle doctrine!

Good for her and good for her parents for teaching her that she doesn't have to be a victim.

They were probably fvcking meth heads looking to do a smash and grab. My guess is the house is somewhat isolated and they had scoped it out before.

Meth heads still just don't understand......in Kentucky, NOBODY is going to be prosecuted for shooting and killing their stupid asses when they try to pull a home invasion......thats just not how shit works down here. The sheriffs will send someone out to pick up the bodies and take a report and thats the end of it. There's no long drawn out investigations or intimidation of home owners, or confiscation of guns, or harassment.

For all those with kids who might be left home alone......Do you place a higher value on obeying the absolutely unnatural laws of the state by keeping your guns locked up and thereby placing your children in jeopardy OR do you tell the state to kiss your fvcking ass and teach your kids how to use a gun, when to use a gun and where one is if they ever need it?

If your kid/s ever die as a result of YOU not providing for their defense, its on you. The state will bear NO responsibility nor offer any compensation to you for them.

Think about this, its not a game.

Last edited:
This sounds like you could make a good case for hand grenades as home defense tools.
Plus, they are a one-time-use thing, so no worries about hi-cap mags and such...

iu

It baffles me that MA legislators ignore stories like these when we have a huge opioid and meth epidemic in our state, not to mention NE as a whole. Take an opioid, start losing that high, then take meth. Lose that high and now they need a way to find a way to get their next fix. Yes, I could see an argument that most of finding a way to that next fix comes through stealing from friends and family, but there are countless incidents where the end to their means was violence.

But our legislators would rather just bury their head in the sand. Our state representatives and senators are ostriches. Awesome.

It baffles me that MA legislators ignore stories like these when we have a huge opioid and meth epidemic in our state, not to mention NE as a whole. Take an opioid, start losing that high, then take meth. Lose that high and now they need a way to find a way to get their next fix. Yes, I could see an argument that most of finding a way to that next fix comes through stealing from friends and family, but there are countless incidents where the end to their means was violence.

But our legislators would rather just bury their head in the sand. Our state representatives and senators are ostriches. Awesome.

Whats even more "awesome" is generally the people of Massachusetts sit back, bury their heads even deeper in the sand AND TAKE THAT BULLSHIT FROM THEIR LEGISLATORS!!!...rammed down your throat every day of the week and do NOTHING ABOUT IT.
Until you rise up, put some skin in the game and just completely disregard and disobey the dictators, they will continue to ass rape you every chance they get.

Whats even more "awesome" is generally the people of Massachusetts sit back, bury their heads even deeper in the sand AND TAKE THAT BULLSHIT FROM THEIR LEGISLATORS!!!...rammed down your throat every day of the week and do NOTHING ABOUT IT.
Until you rise up, put some skin in the game and just completely disregard and disobey the dictators, they will continue to ass rape you every chance they get.

I don’t know that I’d go so far as dictatorial, but at the very least ignorant and close-minded.

I don’t know that I’d go so far as dictatorial, but at the very least ignorant and close-minded.

It's dictatorial.....they dictate, you follow it.

Even if it were just ignorant and closed minded, WHY DO PEOPLE TOLERATE IT????

Gun owners in Massachusetts should be routinely bringing the city of Boston to a physical grinding halt, picketing the homes of legislators, police chiefs, judges, and everyone else involved in the denial of their rights.

Gun owners in Massachusetts should be routinely bringing the city of Boston to a physical grinding halt, picketing the homes of legislators, police chiefs, judges, and everyone else involved in the denial of their rights.

You first, and let me know how that works out. Picketing outside legislators’ private homes would absolutely be the worst thing one could do for bringing 2A equity back to this state. I’ll be supporting change by giving to Comm2A, GOAL, and by having rational conversations with colleagues, friends and family about the crap this state puts law abiding gun owners through at the expense of criminals who would have found their way into possession of a gun anyway, and then going to the ballot box.

There’s a 2A groundswell happening here in MA. I don’t know when it’ll gain traction, but I see a lot of good organizations, attorneys, and other advocates who believe this is a fight worth fighting, and as we all coalesce, we’ll gain traction. First win the battle, then win the war. It’ll be a slugfest - no doubt - but there are enough of us getting tired of being bullied around by our current firearms legal structure. Vote Maura out, then let’s go from there.

Further, that kind of rhetoric on a site we know the AG’s office and other anti-2A groups are monitoring is counterproductive.

That’s just my opinion though.

Last edited:
You first, and let me know how that works out. Picketing outside legislators’ private homes would absolutely be the worst thing one could do for bringing 2A equity back to this state. I’ll be supporting change by giving to Comm2A, GOAL, and by having rational conversations with colleagues, friends and family about the crap this state puts law abiding gun owners through at the expense of criminals who would have found their way into possession of a gun anyway, and then going to the ballot box.

There’s a 2A groundswell happening here in MA. I don’t know when it’ll gain traction, but I see a lot of good organizations, attorneys, and other advocates who believe this is a fight worth fighting, and as we all coalesce, we’ll gain traction. First win the battle, then win the war. It’ll be a slugfest - no doubt - but there are enough of us getting tired of being bullied around by our current firearms legal structure. Vote Maura out, then let’s go from there.

Further, that kind of rhetoric on a site we know the AG’s office and other anti-2A groups are monitoring is counterproductive.

That’s just my opinion though.

[laugh2] [rofl] [laugh2]

I actually LOLed. I think I just peed a little.

Fine young lady. Dad did the right thing by familiarizing her with the weapon he keeps at home for defense. Here in MA, all parties would be screwed. Dad busted on storage charges, daughter for unlicensed possession and the other siblings would join her in foster care. Family would be destroyed while the bad guys got away. Dad should buy her a 20 gauge pump (youth model or not, depending on her height and build). Hit probability and lethality are at much higher levels than a 9mm pistol and she probably would have killed at least one of them.

Fine young lady. Dad did the right thing by familiarizing her with the weapon he keeps at home for defense. Here in MA, all parties would be screwed. Dad busted on storage charges, daughter for unlicensed possession and the other siblings would join her in foster care. Family would be destroyed while the bad guys got away. Dad should buy her a 20 gauge pump (youth model or not, depending on her height and build). Hit probability and lethality are at much higher levels than a 9mm pistol and she probably would have killed at least one of them.

"Here in MA all parties would be screwed". ........and that is just so wrong in so many ways. It shows the levels of absolute contempt and disregard that legislators, judges and police have for the "good" people of Massachusetts.

They would be arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, unlawful
assembly and other bullshit charges. Even if the charges are dropped, they will still have a BOP/CORI record. Yes on Question 10 at renewal time. Chief could determine that they are "unsuitable" and yank the LTC, which open up a whole new set of legal problems. Then, we have the new ERPO law on top of it all.

Last edited:
They would be arrested for disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, unlawful
assembly and other bullshit charges. Even if the charges are dropped, they will still have a BOP/CORI record. Yes on Question 10 at renewal time. Chief could determine that they are "unsuitable" and yank the LTC, which open up a whole new set of legal problems. Then, we have the new ERPO law on top of it all.

So, the only way to break that cycle is to just completely disobey all the gun laws.

So, the only way to break that cycle is to just completely disobey all the gun laws.

No, but one way is by going to the ballot box and voting. Voter participation rates in this state, let alone the country as a whole, are disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom