• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kel Tec Sub2k

Just picked up a new Kel Tec Sub2k in Hard Chrome finish, can't wait to get it out to the range. I had shot one of these when they first came out years back and always thought of picking one up down the road. I know opinions are mixed on these but I've been a fan for nothing more than the coolness factor.

I happened to walk into a shop to browse around and saw one in the case. I had never seen one at a shop locally, and never even knew they came in anything other than all black (as you can see I am not up on all the details of this thing). I asked about it and the shop had gotten it the day before so I snatched it up. I probably could have gotten one at a better price if a I really tried but seeing what they go for on auction sites I figured it was a safe bet. It's in 9mm with G17 mags. I was looking into accessories for it and was intrigued by the buffer tube cover but it would cover up the HC finish which would kind of bum me out. I have read online about people being on waiting lists for these things for close to 2 years before getting one so I guess I lucked out, or is production of these picking up at all?

Has anyone else seen any popping up new in shops? Just curious.
Looks like I'm going to have to stock up on some 9mm now [laugh]

I've had mine (blued model) for a few months and love it. Its been 100% reliable. Where did you get yours? Are they expecting more in? I want another one.

Gave mine another cleaning after the 30 rounds or so that I had put through it. Made sure I tried to reach every nook and cranny, but the receiver is a little tricky to clean. The bolt appears to have a few spots where the bluing was worn off a bit, hopefully that shows that it was hanging up a little and contributing to the FTE's I had gotten. Next time I bring it out I will run at least another 100 rds through it. Wish I had made it out a little earlier the other day but the sun was setting in a hurry so had to cut it short.

Quick question for you guys that have one of these?...do you lube both the stock tube and the bolt assembly? or just the bolt? Just wondering? I also read up on the Kel Tec forum that some people suggested locking the bolt open while in storage and that may help with the break in. I figured it couldnt hurt so I locked it open until I take it out again.

I lightly lube the bolt assembly. Thats all thats needed. I ran it for a bit then completely dismantled its and did a smooth and polish job on the internals. Its not too hard to do and there are instructions online (youtube). I later added the buffer tube cover, charging handle cover and recoil buffer from tacticoolproducts.

Back
Top Bottom