• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kel-Tec SU-16 Anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on the Kel-Tec SU-16 rifle? I'm looking at my purchase if Obama wins the election. Not to do anything bad [wink], but just to buy stuff he may ban, before he tries.

I would really like to get a DPMS "Sportage" AR-15. BUT the SU-16 is considerably cheaper.

Any opinions out there?

I've considered getting their -CA model as a good trunk rifle. It's MA legal, folds down small, has removable mags for NH vehicle carry, and is generally considered reliable, and it's not expensive.

Still might consider it, but I'm leaning towards some other things on my priorities list.

I've considered getting their -CA model as a good trunk rifle. It's MA legal, folds down small, has removable mags for NH vehicle carry, and is generally considered reliable, and it's not expensive.

Still might consider it, but I'm leaning towards some other things on my priorities list.

Tell me about it.....The list is getting longer too [grin] ....

The good thing about the SU-16 is that it can be folded up into an "easy to hide from wife" configuration. [wink]

As I see it...Su16 Pros: Currently "ban friendly", cheap. ... Su16 Cons: Not as many after market mods as there are with an AR15, accuracy?

Last edited:
Hell, most SU-16s are MA legal... if anything, I'd buy something more likely to get banned, like an AR-15 that has a collapsible buttstock and an FS on it. [grin]

-Mike

I've got one and love it. It's a great little .223 carbine. A little loud, but quite accurate. It's easy to clean if you have a cable cleaning kit (like from Otis).

Does anyone know if the model with the skeleton stock is MA ok? Looking at one of these, and just wanted to check before.

Back
Top Bottom