• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

kel tec rfb

Any thoughts on this? Anyone shoot one?

It got pretty damn impressive reviews, but again, it's the internet. First hand experience trumps the rest. Help me out here, it's a pretty damn cool concept.

I got to handle one at Zero Hour. It was cool, very short, and not as heavy as I had expected. It was a little pricey, however. I have not crossed it off the list of cool guns I would like to own, but until I start loading, I am not wetting my pants to get one.

I got to handle one at Zero Hour. It was cool, very short, and not as heavy as I had expected. It was a little pricey, however. I have not crossed it off the list of cool guns I would like to own, but until I start loading, I am not wetting my pants to get one.

How did it handle? Did it feel totally natural or was it awkward? (hahahaha oh man the strange comments that could go with that last statement)

One nice thing for those of us stranded in MA is the thing takes metric fal mags, which more or less grow on trees. No douche-mags for this rifle.

-Mike

How did it handle? Did it feel totally natural or was it awkward? (hahahaha oh man the strange comments that could go with that last statement)

Well I have been working hard on getting my support hand out further on my hand guard and breaking old habits of tucking it in as much as possible, that plus I have a pretty long wing span, so it was a little different to hold a rifle that short. I am sure with practice I would get over it.

One nice thing for those of us stranded in MA is the thing takes metric fal mags, which more or less grow on trees. No douche-mags for this rifle.

-Mike

That's a huge reason it caught my eye.

The gun is pretty impressive, I might have to pull the trigger on one so-to-speak....hmmm....

-Mike

And that is a huge plus. FAL mags are WAY cheaper then preban M14 mags.

Well I have been working hard on getting my support hand out further on my hand guard and breaking old habits of tucking it in as much as possible, that plus I have a pretty long wing span, so it was a little different to hold a rifle that short. I am sure with practice I would get over it.

I just read more into it, and they are releasing a 24" barrel version with extended quad rails....so you might get your wish with being able to extend your support hand (and throw a magpul afg on it).

I think I love this thing, the 18" is only a 26" gun....it's a damn backpack .308

That's a huge reason it caught my eye.

The gun is pretty impressive, I might have to pull the trigger on one so-to-speak....hmmm....

Get one and bring it to the Mansfield shoot (if still on), I will have some .308 with me. [wink]

Get one and bring it to the Mansfield shoot (if still on), I will have some .308 with me. [wink]

When is the mansfield shoot? I'll try to get on it asap

Keltec will be getting business on this and the ksg shotgun this year. Kel-tec is making some cool ass stuff

A nice man at BRP let me shoot his, that he had bought from ZHA. At 100 yds offhand my first two shots nearly touched. It was very controllable with rapid fire as well.

It's HEAVY, so it's actually pretty handy. I love the way it wields.

My only issue is the price tag. I would just save a few extra hundred bucks and get an HK-93, but that's not bullpup.

A nice man at BRP let me shoot his, that he had bought from ZHA. At 100 yds offhand my first two shots nearly touched. It was very controllable with rapid fire as well.

It's HEAVY, so it's actually pretty handy. I love the way it wields.

My only issue is the price tag. I would just save a few extra hundred bucks and get an HK-93, but that's not bullpup.

What kind of ammo were you running through it? Surplus or real deal?

did you get a chance to really move it around? I'd really like to see how quick it is getting on target, I'm on my fifth review video haha

There are a few for 1300 right now...pretty fair priced for what it is.

What kind of ammo were you running through it? Surplus or real deal?

did you get a chance to really move it around? I'd really like to see how quick it is getting on target, I'm on my fifth review video haha

There are a few for 1300 right now...pretty fair priced for what it is.

It was handloads the guy had, he wouldn't let me shoot my cheapo Federal 150gr ammo.

At BRP they don't let you move around, but he had one of those 3x ACOGS on it, and it was FAST onto target, and even though it was heavy, it had nice balance forward of the pistol grip. Since the muzzle is so close to your front hand, it's easy to start/stop movement with it. It's very much what I call "weildly".

At 1300 I would consider, the last price I got on one was much more than that.

On my list. I like the bullpups. I have an MSAR and it is a great rifle. It is the easiest handling and most natural to point rifle ive ever shot. I have handled an RFB a few times and it is a well built rifle. And it uses commonly available mags, a big plus in MA.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It was handloads the guy had, he wouldn't let me shoot my cheapo Federal 150gr ammo.

At BRP they don't let you move around, but he had one of those 3x ACOGS on it, and it was FAST onto target, and even though it was heavy, it had nice balance forward of the pistol grip. Since the muzzle is so close to your front hand, it's easy to start/stop movement with it. It's very much what I call "weildly".

At 1300 I would consider, the last price I got on one was much more than that.

All the reviews I've seen so far, people were firing some high end loads....I'd love to see how it fairs on surplus.

Second thoughts:

I have never, and will never be an impulsive buyer. I research everything to death, and find everything wrong with it. I have found nothing wrong with it, problem is....not a single owner I have read a review or experience from has yet to run it on a course, or run it with the intent of beating on it. I won't buy it until I see someone's experience on a course, competition, or just a torture test. There's nothing. Some targets, range experience, basic stuff, but nothing of worthy mention. Damn.

Back
Top Bottom