• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kel-tec KSG question

Just bought this shotgun. What shells can I NOT shoot through it? I seem to be getting conflicting input while searching around.

Is it rifled shells only?

Just bought this shotgun. What shells can I NOT shoot through it? I seem to be getting conflicting input while searching around.

Is it rifled shells only?

I believe it a cylinder bore "choke" or "no choke" so you can legitimately shoot any shotgun shell that fits in it.

As far as I know it can take just about any shell you can throw at it.
I've personally shot 2" and 1.75" shells (both various size shots and rifle slugs) without issue.

KSG is also on of the few shotguns that can reliably cycle short/mini shells.

I think my main concern was rifled or not. I was hoping to just blast some cheap birdshot through it for pumpkin smashing :)

I think my main concern was rifled or not. I was hoping to just blast some cheap birdshot through it for pumpkin smashing :)

A smooth bore shotgun is very versatile. A rifled shotgun is by definition and oxymoron and is a very specialized piece of equipment that has one purpose. Pretty much think of it like this, your gun will launch a cup out of it. What you put in the cup doesn't make a bit of difference.

A smooth bore shotgun is very versatile. A rifled shotgun is by definition and oxymoron and is a very specialized piece of equipment that has one purpose. Pretty much think of it like this, your gun will launch a cup out of it. What you put in the cup doesn't make a bit of difference.

Gotcha.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

That would be beyond awesome. If that was the case, I would buy one today!! Or at least try to convince Alfred to give me his!!!!!

I'm more preference having 3 1/2 magnum shell than the midget shell. I don't like to shoot 12 gauge with .22 lr recoil. [laugh]

If you are looking for an Enforcer muzzle device, shoot me a PM, I have a few in stock here.
Thanks, Greg
Carlson Comps

Back
Top Bottom