Kel Tec is making a 5.7x28 pistol that uses P90 mags

That costs a grand and you will have a hard time finding a holster to fit it.

IDK, I feel that if 5.7x28 was going to happen it would have happened by now. I certainly won't be jumping on the bandwagon until the 5.7 proves itself as more than a gimmick or niche cartridge. Ruger at least had sense enough to make an actual pistol to compete with the FN Five-Seven, but this? Who the hell asked for this?

Glad I got my Ruger 57 in October - I won’t be tempted to buy that pistol. With ammo almost $1/rd, I’m not even tempted to shoot my Ruger 57!

I’d still buy a Sub2000 that took P90 mags though!

Last edited:
looks like you have to separate the upper and lower to change the mag. wonder if this is some sort of work around for Cali and other states that ban "detachable" magazine...

Lost me at “KelTec”.
You should give em a chance or at least support them by not talking crap on forums for newbs to pass judgement... like this is a cool new innovative firearm.... maybe we need more 357 revolvers... glock clones....single stack 9s and cheap ars.

Love them or hate them they push the boundaries which is good for us as a community. And they are reasonably priced to boot.

You should give em a chance or at least support them by not talking crap on forums for newbs to pass judgement... like this is a cool new innovative firearm.... maybe we need more 357 revolvers... glock clones....single stack 9s and cheap ars.

Love them or hate them they push the boundaries which is good for us as a community. And they are reasonably priced to boot.
I do like that about Keltec--pushing boundaries. While everyone is racing to make the next 10rd micro compact, they're like F-it, lets stuff a P90 50 rd mag into a pistol. Whether that's practical or not is debatable, but I'm sure it would be fun. My only gripe is that their finish products look like other manufacturers' prototypes. Lots of exposed crews and utilitarian design choices. But I suppose that doesn't matter if it still goes "bang!"

I do like that about Keltec--pushing boundaries. While everyone is racing to make the next 10rd micro compact, they're like F-it, lets stuff a P90 50 rd mag into a pistol. Whether that's practical or not is debatable, but I'm sure it would be fun. My only gripe is that their finish products look like other manufacturers' prototypes. Lots of exposed crews and utilitarian design choices. But I suppose that doesn't matter if it still goes "bang!"
Yeah im not sitting here telling you I own a bunch of their stuff lol or that some of the stuff they make is anything but ugly...looking at you su-16. But as a whole they are good for the industry.

If they were smart they would integrate a 1913 rail section below the charging handle to take an MCX folding stock. THAT is something I would be interested in.
Yeah, I'm not sure I like how they are introducing it with the words "with some sling creativity" and showing a QD slot on the bottom of the grip. It would appear the sling is attached to the rear where a 1913 rail would be perfect, and loops down to the grip. So you make a tension look and pull the gun away from your chest.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like how they are introducing it with the words "with some sling creativity" and showing a QD slot on the bottom of the grip. It would appear the sling is attached to the rear where a 1913 rail would be perfect, and loops down to the grip. So you make a tension look and pull the gun away from your chest.
Which no one is actually going to do because no real PSD is going to employ this thing. Guys like me would want this to put a side folder and a can on it and kit it out for night shooting, and it would be rad as f*** in that role.

Which no one is actually going to do because no real PSD is going to employ this thing. Guys like me would want this to put a side folder and a can on it and kit it out for night shooting, and it would be rad as f*** in that role.
This. Not all pistols must be appropriate for appendix.

It's clearly made for fun and games. And I bet it suits that purpose perfectly. I am surprised they didn't give it an easy way to slap on a brace/stock, but there's plenty of room for a grip in the front...

I agree. A folding stock would be fantastic on this. But it looks like they're trying to go MP5K/sling route. I'm sure the after market will sort it out if it proves popular enough.

Can you get pre ban mags for it 🤔
Not sure if serious
tenor.gif

No you can't, the P90 was in development right around the ban, but I don't think it became available until almost 5 years later. This is probably the biggest reason I don't own one, ps90 with 10 rounds is just pointless.

Lol I am sure someone could find you P90 mags (it was out in europe several years before the ban) but you would have to do some serious legwork. the reality is nobody who cares
about that is ever going to buy this gun anyways.

Except that, most of the shit they make has some big, dick-self-punching, design flaw that exists which is why nobody takes them seriously
beyond being a joke manufacturer like Hi-Point. I love the existence of that stuff in the market because it leaves more inventory of the
stuff that's actually good for everyone else by draining out wallets.

The sad thing is they have the potential to make some great stuff but they always seem to fall about 10 feet short of getting "there".

IDK, I feel that if 5.7x28 was going to happen it would have happened by now. I certainly won't be jumping on the bandwagon until the 5.7 proves itself as more than a gimmick or niche cartridge. Ruger at least had sense enough to make an actual pistol to compete with the FN Five-Seven, but this? Who the hell asked for this?

LMAO we already discussed that, hate to break it to you but that is never happening. It will never be anything more than a niche cartridge for people that like to set cash on
fire. It was a shitty cartridge back then and it still is today. It is "fun to shoot" though I will give it that.

I think it was Eddie Coyle who pointed out that the cartridge is not much different, ballistically, from 22 magnum. So you can get most of the
fun of that format for (what used to be) less than 0.20 per round.

But I'd still get one of those things if I could afford it, just because it looks like a space cadet gun. I have an SU16, which I like because
honestly it is very ergonomic and light, and it works.

Back
Top Bottom