Kel Tec is making a 5.7x28 pistol that uses P90 mags

.... its easy to argue that 180 grains should be out of a 10mm ;) not a fortayyy

Actually damn my smart assery now I want one in 10 and 45
I would be very down for a 10mm if people would make them, not in a Kel Tec tho, I don't want to have a shoulder replacement done by the time I turn 45.

The more I look at this thing and think about what I would end up doing to it to make it the ideal platform, the more sense it makes to just buy a used PS90 instead if I were really that interested in this caliber/mag (which I don't think I am). Sure, it would be more expensive to go FN, but you'll end up north of a $1,000 anyway with this Kel Tec after figuring out a brace/stock and adapter, and I'm sure the MSRP will be the street price if current market trends are in place by the time it is available.
Gonna have a hard time finding any PS90's used and unless you're going to SBR it, having a PS90 with a 16 inch barrel is goofy looking, plus if you're gonna use a 16 inch bullpup it's hard to justify a PS90 over the RDB, Tavor, or even a Steyr AUG.

Until the SBR law is done away with I see no reason to own a 5.7x28 firearm.

Gonna have a hard time finding any PS90's used and unless you're going to SBR it, having a PS90 with a 16 inch barrel is goofy looking, plus if you're gonna use a 16 inch bullpup it's hard to justify a PS90 over the RDB, Tavor, or even a Steyr AUG.

There's a stock, trigger group, and full BCG kit on Gunbroker now that I was eyeballing for $1,300. That would be perfect if the goal was to Form 1. Just buy a short barrel to round out the kit.

That aside, I don't mind the 16" barrel look. The gun is still tiny in comparison to other 16" barrel guns. I'm still not sold on the round though, and given the scarcity and price even when not scarce, I think I'll pass.

In addition to the current scarcity, the real kick in the nuts with 5.7x28 is that it's just plain difficult to reload.
I've heard the same and if .223 is easier to reload, not too mention more powerful and brass is WAY more easier to get and at a lower price if bought new, there's no reason to reload 5.7x28 because there's no reason to buy a 5.7x28.

That's for rifles and SBR's, for handguns I don't see what 5.7 does from a 5 inch barrel that makes it a must have. I've seen others say it's great for inside homes because the bullets don't penetrate walls that well, but if that's the case there's already plenty of frangible ammo for .380/9/40/45 like the Inceptor ammo that uses a copper-polymer bullet.

LOL that makes no sense at all the cartridge still sucks, SBR or not doesn't change anything ... people buy a PS 90 because of cool factor nothing more or less.... and someone who wants the look isn't going to be a pansy deterred by getting a stamp, either. The cartridge costs enough that two hundred bucks for a stamp is basically nothing...

LOL that makes no sense at all the cartridge still sucks, SBR or not doesn't change anything ... people buy a PS 90 because of cool factor nothing more or less.... and someone who wants the look isn't going to be a pansy deterred by getting a stamp, either. The cartridge costs enough that two hundred bucks for a stamp is basically nothing...
The ammo, at least the gooooooood stuff is not available and the standard civvy ammo isn't common either. At least with a .223/556 we got access to pretty much everything.

I agree on the cool factor, bring driving force behind the PS90, but you can't tell me the Steyr AUG doesn't also have that, it was in Die Hard! And the Kel Tec Bullpups, well, they cost less.

Back
Top Bottom