Keep your dogs out of the woods

Gomer - no hunting in Mass on SUnday.

Still, I'd carry to return fire, just in case. While some deer may be able to yell, "Don't shoot! I'm a people!" most don't have the ability to be properly licensed, so they can't get a gun, and they have no thumbs, so they can't shoot.

That sounds familiar...

all this talk about dogs running deer..whats the difference with using a beagle to hunt rabbits, or labs to flush birds. or even using dogs to run down and catch a pig. there are a hand full of states that allow you to deer hunt with dogs.

if you want to look at it like it is unfair hunt for deer then why not for the other game animals that you typically hunt with dogs.

house cats have free roam rights and kills baby birds and other animals just because they have a pray drive to hunt them. its your opinion. not a right to shoot someones dog. the OP was talking about mistaking someones pet as a coyote.

i agree, non hunters and there unleashed German shepherds should stay out of the woods during the hunting season. they have 7 months out of the year to roam around the woods. they should be able to respect the hunting season like anyone else

all this talk about dogs running deer..whats the difference with using a beagle to hunt rabbits, or labs to flush birds. or even using dogs to run down and catch a pig. there are a hand full of states that allow you to deer hunt with dogs.

if you want to look at it like it is unfair hunt for deer then why not for the other game animals that you typically hunt with dogs.

house cats have free roam rights and kills baby birds and other animals just because they have a pray drive to hunt them. its your opinion. not a right to shoot someones dog. the OP was talking about mistaking someones pet as a coyote.

i agree, non hunters and there unleashed German shepherds should stay out of the woods during the hunting season. they have 7 months out of the year to roam around the woods. they should be able to respect the hunting season like anyone else

If you are using a dog to hunt deer just make sure it doesn't do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAmSf-oiRVs&feature=related

I didn't read it that way. I think it's guys who think other people's dogs are frightening their quarry and ruining their day, so they kill them to abate the problem.

By that logic, you'd be sniping kids on dirt bikes...f***ers.

There is a difference between using harriers and a dog running off to chase deer. There's also a legal difference, one may be allowed in some places, and the other shouldn't happen.

A dog can maim a deer, but the odds of that?

Back
Top Bottom